Esol with citizenship

orlandobird

Hi

I'm asking on behalf of. A friend. Her husband will be taking the esol with citizenship and will be takin it in February but they are not applying for ILR until end of the year. She has been told that the test will be changing and if he takes it now it might not be valid for his ILR at the end of the year because the test is changing so he may have to do the new test.
Anyone heard anything about this??

Also my husband will be taking his life in the Uk test but can he not take the esol with citizenship. I know it is for people with lower English language skills and my husband s English is good but the gut above I'm talking a out has the same English level as my husband - more or less fluent and has been told he can take the esol not the life in UK because they don't check English level at ILR - is this right?

Thanks

maynardlynne

Hi

I'm asking on behalf of. A friend. Her husband will be taking the esol with citizenship and will be takin it in February but they are not applying for ILR until end of the year. She has been told that the test will be changing and if he takes it now it might not be valid for his ILR at the end of the year because the test is changing so he may have to do the new test.
Anyone heard anything about this??

Also my husband will be taking his life in the Uk test but can he not take the esol with citizenship. I know it is for people with lower English language skills and my husband s English is good but the gut above I'm talking a out has the same English level as my husband - more or less fluent and has been told he can take the esol not the life in UK because they don't check English level at ILR - is this right?

Thanks
you have me confused now between ILR and citizenship.......you must have ILR before you can apply for citizenship.
if his english is good, then why waste money on esol course....Life in the UK was £50 when my husband did his last year, maybe it has gone up now:)

orlandobird

Oh right i thought the course was calles esol with citizenship which was the alternative to the life in the UK test for poorer english speakers??
. My husband would prefer to do the esol course than the life in the uk test but what I really want to know for our friend if he takes the esol now will it be valid when he apples at the end of the year as have been told esol is changing

Does anyone know?

Thanks

kassie

Oh right i thought the course was calles esol with citizenship which was the alternative to the life in the UK test for poorer english speakers??
. My husband would prefer to do the esol course than the life in the uk test but what I really want to know for our friend if he takes the esol now will it be valid when he apples at the end of the year as have been told esol is changing

Does anyone know?

Thanks

My hubby did ESOL which contained Citizinship.... that was it...:)...Life in the UK test was /is for higher grade english?

Hope this helps. Ask at you local college.....they will tell you! ;)

Kassie

xxx