Family Visa for National Guard

Aysha

Hi guys

Not Sure if anyone can advise but I am stressing alot

My husband has applied for a family visa to visit me in the UK for 3 weeks ideally to meet all my family properly.
My husband is a Sergeant National Guard for the Ministry of Interior so every step we take we need permission from his Employer that included giving him permission to marry a foreigner which we waited 3 months for!!
The Ministry finally granted him permission to leave Tunisia with a promise to return and have gievn all sorts of papers from his directors to give to the Visa office with his application, my husband is supporting himself finacially on the application however I have given all my information too and have given a letter of invitation and included that "should" he need any financial help I am in a position to do that.

he went for the appointment last week wednesday with all documents including the flight reservation and his permission papers, the date for we want the visa for is for the end of next week, The embassy have said that he may not get the date he wants because the process takes 15 days however they will contact him soon of the decision
he also handed a copy of his booking for an English test he has booked for mid July 2014 back in Tunisia

I cant help but stress about the outcome and was wondering if anyone else is married to National Guard and know if this would be straight NO or know what his chances are?
he has been in employment with the Minsitry for 7 years now and his position is permenant he provided all salary and work documents.

Last edited:

Jane BM

Hi guys

Not Sure if anyone can advise but I am stressing alot

My husband has applied for a family visa to visit me in the UK for 3 weeks ideally to meet all my family properly.
My husband is a Sergeant National Guard for the Ministry of Interior so every step we take we need permission from his Employer that included giving him permission to marry a foreigner which we waited 3 months for!!
The Ministry finally granted him permission to leave Tunisia with a promise to return and have gievn all sorts of papers from his directors to give to the Visa office with his application, my husband is supporting himself finacially on the application however I have given all my information too and have given a letter of invitation and included that "should" he need any financial help I am in a position to do that.

he went for the appointment last week wednesday with all documents including the flight reservation and his permission papers, the date for we want the visa for is for the end of next week, The embassy have said that he may not get the date he wants because the process takes 15 days however they will contact him soon of the decision
he also handed a copy of his booking for an English test he has booked for mid July 2014 back in Tunisia

I cant help but stress about the outcome and was wondering if anyone else is married to National Guard and know if this would be straight NO or know what his chances are?
he has been in employment with the Minsitry for 7 years now and his position is permenant he provided all salary and work documents.
Personally from the information you've given above and his career and intent to return, I'd be amazed if he was refused, it's not often I'd say that about a VV because they're notoriously difficult to get, however I'd say your husband would be in the minority who'd have a successful application. Very best of luck and do let us know. Xx

Aysha

I will for sure let you know of the outcome, My husband and me are just really stressing with the flight plans for next weekend and he has only 3 weeks permission in which ther is a specific date he must return otherwise the he will be stopped at the airport in Tunisia.. Does the visa office make u wait exactly 15 days for a decision or can it be sooner?? I really dont want to loose any time out of the 3weeks But again would be so greatful to Allah even if its just a week and he is granted the Visa

Jane BM

I will for sure let you know of the outcome, My husband and me are just really stressing with the flight plans for next weekend and he has only 3 weeks permission in which ther is a specific date he must return otherwise the he will be stopped at the airport in Tunisia.. Does the visa office make u wait exactly 15 days for a decision or can it be sooner?? I really dont want to loose any time out of the 3weeks But again would be so greatful to Allah even if its just a week and he is granted the Visa
It has been known to be sooner Aysha, did you use the new centre in Tunis? Teleperfomance or whatever their names were? If so, give them a ring....

Aysha

It has been known to be sooner Aysha, did you use the new centre in Tunis? Teleperfomance or whatever their names were? If so, give them a ring....
Thank you Jane Hubby said he will ring them this week and yes it was the new centre he actually works 2 mins walk away from them

Jane BM

Thank you Jane Hubby said he will ring them this week and yes it was the new centre he actually works 2 mins walk away from them
Think one of our members husbands who was waiting the outcome of their settlement visa application went there the other week, to find that the visa had been granted but he'd not received a call or email yet, so definitely worth a try.

Aysha

Think one of our members husbands who was waiting the outcome of their settlement visa application went there the other week, to find that the visa had been granted but he'd not received a call or email yet, so definitely worth a try.

wow really thats just not right keeping people hanging!

Jane BM

Read the recent thread 'is 5 weeks too long to wait' Aysha, this was only recently. X

bascar

Yes that was me ... I would definately advise going to the VAC personally to check the situation rather than calling ...I emailed and they said I had to wait ... but as it turned out that was more than one week after the visa had been issued ... It was pretty chaotic at the VAC ... but definately worth going I think ....

Aysha

Hubby rang them up earlier and they said his passport is not back however advised him to come into to Visa office tommorow and check as it might be back then !!

Aysha

update: Hubby went to the office this morning and was told passport is not back but most likely next week :(

Aysha

I cannot believe it he got refused... they said that he did not have enough money to support his holiday and therfore refusing entry as they think he will not return
.. I FEEL SO LOST... upset is really not the word :(

Essem

Staff member
So sorry to hear this :(

Aysha

he showed £2000 in his bank and 6 months payslips includung my bank statements :(

would this refusal effect my spouse application which I want to do in August ? :(

Jane BM

he showed £2000 in his bank and 6 months payslips includung my bank statements :(

would this refusal effect my spouse application which I want to do in August ? :(
I can't believe it either!!!! If he didn't manage it then I wouldn't hold out much hope for anyone...that's shocking!!

But NO it won't affect any application for spouse visa. Xx

daffodil

I cant believe it either.....shocking..

So sorry Aysha:(

Aysha

I am so upset :( but we want to try again this time I will sponser him ... Do u know if we can do another application straight away? Or do we need to wait a certain amount of time ?

Aysha

Ok my hubby made an error the money he showed on statement he took some of it out thinking it would not matter !!! So annoyed with him and thats the reason they refused

Jane BM

You don't have to wait a certain amount of time Aysha.....so yep, there's nothing stopping you trying again. Xx

Essem

Staff member
Ok my hubby made an error the money he showed on statement he took some of it out thinking it would not matter !!! So annoyed with him and thats the reason they refused
Hope he's put it back in and not spent it!