Family Visitor Visa

Aprilcoco

Dear All

I would be grateful if someone could let me have the link / information on completing this form. As my sister-in-law's English isn't 100% I will be helping with the form. With regards to visitors visa does anyone have any experience with problems getting one. My sister-in-law travels with her job, so we may not have any problems.

Would be good to hear your stories.

Thanks

lloydy7179

Hi everyone, now that Mohamed has been here since the beginning of the year, we are looking into the possiblity of inviting his parents and/or his sister and brother in law over for a week's holiday.

Both Mohamed's dad and BIL have full time jobs and dependants which means that they would need to return to, so i understand about providing the evidence for this etc.

I've looked onto the UK BA website and its the family visitor visa route we need to go down. Has anyone had any experience of this type of visa?

:)

FoxyRoxie89

I always thought you needed to wait until hubby had ILR? but I suppose you would be the sponsor?

Good Luck :)

olliebaby

Hiya Lloydy

Im pretty sure Kris (Mod) did visitors visas for his wifes family a few years back and got them, cant think of anybody else ive seen on here. I think visitor visa is really difficult to get nowadays unfortunately. At least its cheap enough to try though :) x

crazypink

I know at least 2 people on my FB who have recently got visitors visas for their MILs - so it is possible.

MellieC

it all depends on proving intent to return and showing the tie to return.

Lloydy, go back to the immigration stuff i posted, and read the family visit visa proposals there, cos if you are going to do it, do it now!

he cant do it anyway cos he has no ILR, and when the rules change he won't be able to do it then either lol

FoxyRoxie89

Yes I know of somebody who just got MIL vv, also my BiL got vv in 2008

MellieC

how did sylvia choudry get on, her hubby was going to the embassy with his mum to deal with her family visit visa.
has anyone heard from her recently

crazypink

how did sylvia choudry get on, her hubby was going to the embassy with his mum to deal with her family visit visa.
has anyone heard from her recently
They are one of the ones that got it! x x

MellieC

thats good news!

she must have posted and i missed it oops!

congrats sylv, sorry its belated!

janette b

we are inviting makrems family in stages next year after his ilr in january. thought we would bring his dad on his own then later in year his mum and younger sister, maybe better chance if they have to go back for family plus one of us will trravel with them as his mum doesnt speak english just a few words.. would this make a diff on v visa ?

MellieC

which? one of you travelling or their not speaking English? lol

not speaking English is not a requirement for a FVV.

janette b

sorry Mel, her not speaking engish, ha ha his dad is okay he would manage but as he has left the country before(libya) he is used to travelling, his mum has rarely been out of sousse since she moved there to get married. Bless her she doesnt even know about what we are planning yet. We cant bring them together as grandma needs someone with her at home, she is to frail to travel .

MellieC

i know what you mean about his mum not travelling, but there are people in the UK who don't too.

I remember freds mum coming up to hammamet to us, and we went to yasmine, and were on the beach ~

just paddling and picking up pretty bricks etc it was quiet, winter time,

she was so exicited, it was her first time to actually be on the beach, all the years she had visited fred in hammamet she had seen the beach, sat on the wall by the beach at night, but NEVER actually been on the beach and paddled in the med!

freds dad goes to mecca 5 times a year,

stephstanley

Hi,

Could someone please tell me whether if I am acting as a sponsor for my brother in law, can I email the documents to him or does he have to have the originals through the post?

Thanks

crazypink

Hey Steph, hope your well :)

Im almost certain they have to be originals - same as when you apply for settlement. Good luck hun x x

stephstanley

Hey Steph, hope your well :)

Im almost certain they have to be originals - same as when you apply for settlement. Good luck hun x x
Hi,

Im really good thanks, you?

Thanks I thought so but thought I'd double check
x

crazypink

Hi,

Im really good thanks, you?

Thanks I thought so but thought I'd double check
x
Im good thanx hun :) Hope all goes ok with visitors visa x x x

MellieC

Absolutely all originals WITH COPIES or you will be lucky to see them again lol