Family Visitor Visa

meljones

Hello to you all,

Im wondering if you can help me..i have just recently got married to my tunisian man and would like him to come here for a short holiday before applying for a settlement visa..but it says we have to prove he will return to tunisia after his stay, could you advise how we can do this?? he isnt working at the moment.

crazypink

Hello to you all,

Im wondering if you can help me..i have just recently got married to my tunisian man and would like him to come here for a short holiday before applying for a settlement visa..but it says we have to prove he will return to tunisia after his stay, could you advise how we can do this?? he isnt working at the moment.
Sorry but you dont have much hope getting a VV when you are married. They will ask why he isnt applying for settlement. Also as he isnt working why would he go home? He has on ties to make him go back.

meljones

well it would be a marriage visit..as i know my friend she done this one before applying for settlement, i just worry he wont like it here, or may be too cold ha.

FoxyRoxie89

well it would be a marriage visit..as i know my friend she done this one before applying for settlement, i just worry he wont like it here, or may be too cold ha.
Was she married when she applied for marriage visit?

I assumed they were to get married in UK, then go back to Tunisia again.

Also its cold here - tunisia in the winter too.

Scoobydoo

Sorry but you dont have much hope getting a VV when you are married. They will ask why he isnt applying for settlement. Also as he isnt working why would he go home? He has on ties to make him go back.
I know someone who has gotten 2 visitor visas while married...and they had kids!!!

meljones

They were already married in Egypt and then applied for a marriage visit...im just not sure which was is the best option (marriage or family visit) id just like him to come and stay with me to see how he likes it before settlement visa.

FoxyRoxie89

They were already married in Egypt and then applied for a marriage visit...im just not sure which was is the best option (marriage or family visit) id just like him to come and stay with me to see how he likes it before settlement visa.
if you go through the step to step guide on UKBA it will tell you what visa you need

MellieC

Hello to you all,

as CP has said, his not working usually has quite an impact, it didn't used to so much but it does now, but some get visit visa's when they are not working, its about the application as a whole?

did you not worry he might not like the UK before you married?

MellieC

MellieC

what if he hates it and point blank refuses to live in the UK?

olliebaby

Hi Meljones, do you mean you will have a ceremony again here in the UK and thats why you are considering the marriage visa? If not, then it would just be the normal 6 month visitors visa you would apply for. Work / business / financial ties to Tunisia would be one of the main requirements for visitors visa.

Also if you did apply for vv and put your reason as "seeing if he liked it before applying for the Settlement", im guessing they MAY want to see your what your options are if he doesnt i.e - going there? You would need to cover all areas. They might assume that where you would live would have be discussed before you were married and this is why alot of vv's are refused to married people maybe?

Marie1959

They also may just refuse satating you can go live there if you give that as an option they have said that before in refusals many times. If you are already marrried then you will not need the marriage visa as Olliebaby says just the holiday visa which are very very hard to get married or not.

Jenny

Hiya Lloydy

Im pretty sure Kris (Mod) did visitors visas for his wifes family a few years back and got them, cant think of anybody else ive seen on here. I think visitor visa is really difficult to get nowadays unfortunately. At least its cheap enough to try though :) x
Before me and my husband got married he got two visitors visa to Sweden. He also previous had been granted visitors visa forholiday to some other European countries. I think that as long the person as is applying can show that he/her has the funds to travel and have a stable financial life in their home country, that is they have no financial gain in breaking the visa, then they are granted visitors visa.

Marie1959

Sweden is different to the Uk Jenny hun and they have become almost impossible to get for here at the moment unless they can prove they will return to their own country when the holiday is over and its not easy to prove that. x

Jenny

Sweden is different to the Uk Jenny hun and they have bcome almost impossible to get for here at the moment unless they can prove they will return to their own country when the holiday is over and its not easy to prove that. quote

Something got wrong with the quotation....writing from my phone.... below is from me.
Actually I doubt that it's less requirements to get a visitor visa here. The migration board here (like UK's eco) has published a list what the most likely reply will be depending on what original country they are from, north african countries it's a NO for all young men unless they are well established in their home countries, as it shows a reason to return. So what i meant is that it's not impossible to get a visitor's visa, but that it depends on the person as is applying, his/hers background.

Lainey

Ok ladies does anyone have any ideas on this.My husband got the telephone call on Thursday to go today at 2pm to pick up his passport to see if he got the family visitor visa on getting there there where many people waiting to hear the outcome,so he sat and waited names where called and people got there outcomes all where refused.They did not call my husband,s name instead someone came to speak to him about paperwork or something then disappeared then returned to tell him and a couple others that his was not ready yet and they would phone him through the week to come pick his passport up next week that,s 6 weeks we have been waiting.Anyone had this happen to them before or any ideas what,s going on no point talking to husband not very good at coming forth and explaining he thinks its a no anyway can anyone shed some light please stresssssssssssssed out lol xx

MellieC

we have discussed this privately, there i was all day waiting to hear your news and this was it lol

i won't repeat her what i said privately, just give it a whirl huh nothing to lose at this stage?

Lainey

we have discussed this privately, there i was all day waiting to hear your news and this was it lol

i won't repeat her what i said privately, just give it a whirl huh nothing to lose at this stage?
Thank Mel helpful as ever will get onto it tomorrow thank you again