Fiance Visa or Marriage Visa

Any body had any luck recently with a fiance visa?

Thanks

Last edited:

Trulymadlydeeply

I don't think we have had any members here apply for one lately. Are you going through the process now? Need proof that you will marry while he is here I believe.

I'm just feeling so disheartened with it all to be honest, I really wanted to get him here first to see how he settles in with our culture then get married in the latter month. The money it costs is astronomical and it's not guaranteed to be granted! Oh decisions decisions :/ I would prefer not to get married over there. Grrr it's so difficult :(

Trulymadlydeeply

Big big decisions that shouldn't be rushed. If I'm right in thinking it's only for 6 months? Most hate it when they first get here especially if you are at work all day and they are stuck at home alone. He won't be able to work while he is here so will he have enough money to fund his stay? If not that's another burden on you...!!

missmetal

About a year an a half ago my friend was successful at getting her fiance a 'fiance visa' and within 6 months I think they had to be married.

There application was gigantic, and she had visited him regularly over the course of 2.5yrs before applying. There application was strong in my opinion.

They got married, but sadly, less than a year after that their relationship broke down. He had a lot of challenges trying to find work in the UK. The first 6months of no work was not the biggest of deals to him coz he was not really looking (he was not allowed). But when he was able to, and with no experience, and someone of a strict muslim so would only work in areas that would not impact his religion, he took really crappy job that were under min wage which caused conflict in their marriage. especially since she was doing all the supporting her her salary was not the best.

I think its a good idea if the fiance visa works to at least get them acclimatized, but its also not 100% the real deal test of life and all its stresses.

Mezoo

VIP Member
I really wanted to get him here first to see how he settles in with our culture then get married in the latter month. The money it costs is astronomical and it's not guaranteed to be granted! :/ I would prefer not to get married over there. Grrr it's so difficult :(
do it this way. better your not in the hurry about this. and don't get married there. better to get married in your country, if your patient.

Thanks for your replies ladies, i really am having a rethink about our relationship. We have been together approx 2.5 yrs now and I have of course been doing all the travelling there. He wants to live anywhere as long as we are together. I unfortunately I can't live in Tunisia due to my work commitments here in England and after all, it is my job that is affording me to travel there as much as I have in the past. But due to his moral values he won't live together, he wants to be married first and foremost, whereas i am all for taking that little more time. I made the mistake previously of getting married hastily and regretted it later. I love him so much but this is becoming all too stressful for me right now.

Jane BM

Don't be pushed into something you don't ultimately want to do. You're being incredibly sensible by thinking of the fiancé visa and not rushing into marriage. Tell him you can sleep in separate rooms for the duration....lol...see how far his moral values go then.....:eek:;).

Haha separate rooms....love it.. thanks Jane ;-)