First time travel to the UK with a visa

daffodil

Anyone coming out out of Tunisia for the first time use a scheduled airline.......the hassle and stress is not needed after all you will of been through to get the visa ...

Thomas Cook always have been a waste of time to deal with ....IMO

rosanna

Ps after 3 1/2 years together and 11 months married, we are having an amazing UK honeymoon together. So to all who are waiting for visas et al it's so worth it once your husbands are here in the uk.
Hi Delia
Thanks for your help it all seems to be so hard I've explored the options which at present are only Tunis to heathrow which is not good but I guess if we get the visa it doesn't matter so long as we can be together !
I'm happy for you that u r together eventually ! Did u get the visa first time ? We are in the middle of waiting it's now 4 weeks 5 days and the stress is ballooning by the week !! How long did u wait for ? X

Delia35

Hi Delia
Thanks for your help it all seems to be so hard I've explored the options which at present are only Tunis to heathrow which is not good but I guess if we get the visa it doesn't matter so long as we can be together !
I'm happy for you that u r together eventually ! Did u get the visa first time ? We are in the middle of waiting it's now 4 weeks 5 days and the stress is ballooning by the week !! How long did u wait for ? X

Hi Rosanna,
Yes like you say as long as you are both together you can work out the fine tuning of how you get home.
On the positive side UKBA was stress free so once you land you can be assured it should be ok.
We waited 13 1/2 weeks for the spouse visa to be granted. Then it was another week until my husband got the call to go collect. I totally understand your stress. I was ok for the first 8 weeks. But then Christmas and new year came and we had banked on we would be together by then. The final 5 1/2 weeks were hard. But with the love and support of friends and family this helped to see us through.
Last summer we applied for the wrong visa in error. On the click down menus I somewhere clicked on wrong one. So we employed a lawyer second time round. But essentially I had done most of it re evidence. She said she had never worked with a couple whose evidence was so detailed and organised.
You can do it Rosanna and this time of waiting will be a drop in the ocean to your lifetime together. Good luck.

scooby

Hi all. I called Thoms cook and they let me fly out one way to Enfidha but we had to come back fromTunis with Tunisair to Heathrow. A bit of an inconvenience but AT LAST !!!!!! finally we came back together. A relief not having to leave him at the airport again . I am now a very happy bunny:);):D x

Jane BM

Hi all. I called Thoms cook and they let me fly out one way to Enfidha but we had to come back fromTunis with Tunisair to Heathrow. A bit of an inconvenience but AT LAST !!!!!! finally we came back together. A relief not having to leave him at the airport again . I am now a very happy bunny:);):D x
Great news Scooby. Been a long time coming....xxx

kassie

Ahhhh....great news Scooby! :) Hope you both have a great life together!

Essem

Staff member
Congratulations Scooby, hope he settles in quickly. xx

Trulymadlydeeply

Congratulations wish you all the best x

SamiiJ

Hello everyone :), so my husband needs to get to manchester.. Can he fly air France or lufthansa? Or does it have to be tunisair?

Thank you :)

Jane BM

Hello everyone :), so my husband needs to get to manchester.. Can he fly air France or lufthansa? Or does it have to be tunisair?

Thank you :)
If it's his first flight he needs to fly scheduled.....that's Tunisair right now. X

SamiiJ

If it's his first flight he needs to fly scheduled.....that's Tunisair right now. X
Thank you :) he's left Tunisia before he went to Egypt three times but it will be his first flight to the uk xx

gem15

Both Air France and Lufthansa are suitable flights as the aren't chartered flights.

Jane BM

I was under the impression that their first flight on a spouse visa to the UK needed to be a direct flight as well as scheduled.

Selmi

Tunisair operate a few times a week direct to manchester

ronaldinho

Hi everyone , after a very long stressful time , got my visa granted today whohooo!! So i been looking for flight , there is no flights from tunis airport the next 3 days , so i looked from monastir there is only one way flight to gatwick but ill book a return even to tunis , my question can i go from monastir ? Is no stop flight with tunisair , thank you

Jane BM

Hi everyone , after a very long stressful time , got my visa granted today whohooo!! So i been looking for flight , there is no flights from tunis airport the next 3 days , so i looked from monastir there is only one way flight to gatwick but ill book a return even to tunis , my question can i go from monastir ? Is no stop flight with tunisair , thank you
As long as it is a Tunisair flight and it is DIRECT flight to the UK that's fine...but I didn't think Tunisair did direct flights from Monastir to the UK? Double check it.