First time travel to the UK with a visa

ronaldinho

You can change Dinars to Pounds at the airport and they will write it in your passport. Only change what you need, there is no specific requirement to have a certain amount. If your wife is meeting you at the airport, you will not need much cash.
Yes is meeting me at the airport

gem15

Don't count on there being pounds at the airport. As there's no pounds coming into the country at the moment they are hard to come by.

My husband had to get some for me at the post office after visiting many banks in sousse.

You maybe offered euros instead.

PMSL means piss myself laughing

ronaldinho

Don't count on there being pounds at the airport. As there's no pounds coming into the country at the moment they are hard to come by.

My husband had to get some for me at the post office after visiting many banks in sousse.

You maybe offered euros instead.

PMSL means piss myself laughing
Loooool this new word ill have to say it to my wife tomorrow , ok ill change what iv got to euros or whatever im just gona by here few things at the airport

scotty_bambam

[QUOTE="ronaldinho, pos money , please help xxxxxxxxiy ..It means someone is laughing.. Not very nice,considering as a spouse we all have to sign a sponsor form to say we will support our partner and be responsible for them. So of course your wife is going to support you,same as I will support my husband.I think you were meaning is it s requirement for you to have UK money with you.when I arrive in Tunisia without one dinar I always feel uncomfortable,so if It will make you feel better chance a small amount at the airport.if you have a bank account can you transfer to the UK? Or consider a neteller online account.it deals in Euro, and I think you can transfer to there and then to a UK account.good luck.

gem15

Loooool this new word ill have to say it to my wife tomorrow , ok ill change what iv got to euros or whatever im just gona by here few things at the airport
I wouldn't use it until you know what circumstance to use it in. Sometimes it can be used in a sarcastic way and in other terms.

scotty_bambam

I wouldn't use it until you know what circumstance to use it in. Sometimes it can be used in a sarcastic way and in other terms.
Its not a term I use myself and I certainly won't be teaching it to my husband

scotty_bambam

Yes is meeting me at the airport
Ronaldinho,just in case we don't hear from you for a while as you'll be so busy in your new life,I wanted to thank you for always being so polite and helpful.when you took the time to list all the papers needed for spouse visa,I printed this list and have used it to help with my husbands visa application.so bon voyage,and I hope you enjoy your new life.

cherie63

[QUOTE="ronaldinho, pos money , please help xxxxxxxxiy ..It means someone is laughing.. Not very nice,considering as a spouse we all have to sign a sponsor form to say we will support our partner and be responsible for them. So of course your wife is going to support you,same as I will support my husband.I think you were meaning is it s requirement for you to have UK money with you.when I arrive in Tunisia without one dinar I always feel uncomfortable,so if It will make you feel better chance a small amount at the airport.if you have a bank account can you transfer to the UK? Or consider a neteller online account.it deals in Euro, and I think you can transfer to there and then to a UK account.good luck.
It is not possible for Tunisians to send money out of Tunisia as it is a closed currency.

robynnehm

Ronaldinho,just in case we don't hear from you for a while as you'll be so busy in your new life,I wanted to thank you for always being so polite and helpful.when you took the time to list all the papers needed for spouse visa,I printed this list and have used it to help with my husbands visa application.so bon voyage,and I hope you enjoy your new life.
Scotty_bambam could you please forward me the list please? X z

annibee

i thought the exit fee was scrapped at the end of august?

scotty_bambam

It is not possible for Tunisians to send money out of Tunisia as it is a closed currency.
That'd what I thought, but hubby seems to think it works both ways.I'll tell him to try.

Scottochott

The dinar is a closed currency yes, but you are allowed to change it into foreign currency under some circumstances, certainly for travel abroad. My point to Ronaldinho was that even though UK customs may not oblige him to have a certain sum of UK currency, if he is moving to start a new life in the UK, surely as a man and husband he is morally obliged to contribute what he can, so yes change all your money and take it with you no matter how little or how much, and any foreign currency will do, all are easily changed into pounds once here.

Scottochott

i thought the exit fee was scrapped at the end of august?
For tourists yes, but not for Tunisians, unless as in this case he is leaving on a spouse visa

Scottochott

He is not sending it, he is leaving with it

luna06

Wishing you all the best ronaldhino and for cheering up my hubby and myself as well and so thankful for all your help as Scotty said you were always the one answering and helping with any quieres, wish you all the best in your new adventure with your family, all the best, Luna. :)