FLR

Hi All,

My husbands further leave to remain visa needs to be in soon and wanted to ask anyone who has applied for this 2nd visa - did you send in a police check as evidence that they don’t have a criminal record or does the declaration count. It does not stipulate that one has to be provided and I don’t want to waste money on stuff we don’t need. Any advice greatly appreciated

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Curly, sorry you haven’t had a response yet the forum is still getting back on it’s feet so hopefully someone can answer you soon. They are usually quite clear in the documents that are required so if it isn’t on the list then I’d say it’s not needed.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

My husbands further leave to remain visa needs to be in soon and wanted to ask anyone who has applied for this 2nd visa - did you send in a police check as evidence that they don’t have a criminal record or does the declaration count. It does not stipulate that one has to be provided and I don’t want to waste money on stuff we don’t need. Any advice greatly appreciated
When he came into the country (assuming UK) did he have to register with the police (apparently a stamp in the passport/visa).

If not and he has been here for a while as with my wife I dont think I bothered (but that was years ago now).

give them a call and double check as the requirements do change.

When he came into the country (assuming UK) did he have to register with the police (apparently a stamp in the passport/visa).

If not and he has been here for a while as with my wife I dont think I bothered (but that was years ago now).

give them a call and double check as the requirements do change.

Thanks

No he didn’t have to do that and it doesn’t say we have to get a police check. I think I went overboard for his first one and sent way too much spending way too much money so I don’t want to over complicate this one!!