Flying to Tunis indirectly from the UK

Louise1980

Does anyone have experience of flying indirectly via Paris or another European city? I am really tempted because I am finding tunisair too expensive. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Trulymadlydeeply

What month are you looking at flying?

Jane BM

Does anyone have experience of flying indirectly via Paris or another European city? I am really tempted because I am finding tunisair too expensive. Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Know quite a few people who've done it this year.....long as you've got enough time in between flights, everyone I know has had a positive experience.

sass

Flew via Rome with Alitalia, was ok, but Paris sounds better, Italians not exactly the best timekeepers! Going with Tunisair next month cos I'd rather pay the extra for shorter travel

pbf

I have been once with Lufthansa via Frankfurt and the last 2 times with Airfrance via Paris everything went OK Didn't have long between flights 45/55 mins and it was ok because flights were in and out of the same terminal. Even had time to go to duty free shop

Louise1980

Thanks so much for the advice. What happens when you get to the airport in the middle? As I have never done it before, I assume you don't recollect bags?

Selmi

Thanks so much for the advice. What happens when you get to the airport in the middle? As I have never done it before, I assume you don't recollect bags?
When you check in for the start of your flight you will be issued with your boarding cards for both flights, when you land in Paris and in the terminal proceed to connecting flights you will then go through security with your hand luggage,you can then check the board for your flight to Tunis and proceed to the relevant gate which will be on your second boarding card as well, your hold luggage will automatically be transferred to your connecting flight. Any duty free you which to purchase buy at "Charles de Gaulle" as we made the mistake of buying at Manchester didn't for one minute think bought perfume over 100mls and got taken at security in Paris!! Did this trip again only last week can really recommend same on return. Just before you book though make sure your flight into Paris is the same as your connecting one xx

Selmi

Just booked for May with air France for the three of us to Tunis via Paris from Manchester £432.00 return with hold luggage

Louise1980

That's really helpful thanks because I feel like a total beginner! Would you say 1 hour 30 is ok for connection time?

Selmi

You'll be fine, that's what we have, Even if your flight is delayed they will put you on the next connecting flight and your luggage will already be in Tunis.

Selmi

You'll be fine, that's what we have, Even if your flight is delayed they will put you on the next connecting flight and your luggage will already be in Tunis.
Meant to say on previous post confirm same terminals into and out of Paris we booked ours over the phone just in case x

Louise1980

That's great thanks for the reassurance x

scotty_bambam

I've never done a connecting flight cos I hate travelling and hate waiting around.hence why at this moment I'm sat in Heathrow terminal 4 and my flight delayed an hour.grrrr..

annibee

apparently Tunisair is starting flights from Manchester in May :)

Selmi

Aww bless! Not good is it ? Was your flight due into Tunis at 8.45 ?

Njt11

Mine was delayed an hour when I flew out 2 weeks ago, still landed at same time though... @scotty_bambam hope everything goes well x

kalie

Louise1980

Hope you get there safely. I got stuck on the runway at Heathrow then waited an absolute age for my luggage. Decided I am trying Manchester via Frankfurt. It's the cheapest. If it's a disaster I will go back to Heathrow next time. Really hope tunisair start a Manchester route though!

gem15

apparently Tunisair is starting flights from Manchester in May :)
Are you sure it's Tunisair Annibee? Lots of rumours flying around its Nouvelleair annd even heard Jet2. The statement didn't even stipulate which airport they would fly into here. It's a bit hit and miss at the moment.