Flying to Tunis indirectly from the UK

Njt11

Haha, found her new place!!! Hope everything goes well tomorrow, best wishes to you both xxx

Selmi

Lol.that was just for the dog.hubby flies tomorrow alone.I had to go via France with the dog and hubby not allowed with us.x
Hope he has a safe journey and stress free however keep your phone charged. Xx

Njt11

Can someone remind me insurance companies still covering Tunisia other than battleface please? Xx

Selmi

Can someone remind me insurance companies still covering Tunisia other than battleface please? Xx
Didn't have any luck what so ever, the compare company's all give you a quote but as soon as you call and explain the fco' s advise it's a no. The problem with Battleface they only seem to cover medical expenditure, cancellation
of trip due to illness before you go / flight delays etc is a no.
Was thinking of approaching one of the company's in Tunisia to take out medical cover from there the next time we go x

Njt11

Exactly @Selmi i am 90% certain someone posted 3 travel insurance companies who were still insuring, just can't find the thread!!!

Trulymadlydeeply

Didn't have any luck what so ever, the compare company's all give you a quote but as soon as you call and explain the fco' s advise it's a no. The problem with Battleface they only seem to cover medical expenditure, cancellation
of trip due to illness before you go / flight delays etc is a no.
Was thinking of approaching one of the company's in Tunisia to take out medical cover from there the next time we go x
Surely that is what you want covered in the main, medical cover. I have never claimed for a flight delay covered or not and Tunisair are NEVER on time :)

Selmi

Absolutely! However we had to curtail previous flights and re schedule and pay for new ones due to my husband being poorly. Unfortunately Battleface stated that they don't cover for that. So had to pay another premium to them for the new flights! Since our return have spoken to them and the underwriters are prepared to take an annual fee at a reduced cost to cover future trips, providing we take a minimum of 4trips within the year ! X