Friguia Park - Enfidha

Essem

Staff member
IMO it's a great day out for all the family and can thoroughly recommend it.

Great selection of animals to see and remember most Tunisians have only seen these animals on TV or in the movies not in real life.

Lots of snacks, coffees, ice creams etc available throughout the park and there seems to be an hidden army of cleaners because it's always pristine clean.

I just keep missing the shows (sea lions and dolphins) - I never quite manage to get the timings right - maybe next time.

gem15

We had a lovely meal in one of the restaurants there and the staff were lovely and very helpful. I like the fact theres lots of places to eat if you bring your own picnic.

Lilia thoroughly enjoyed herself especially the giraffes. Its a shames the dolphin show was on too late for us to see cuz im sure she wld have been fascinated.

Aslemma

All in all really great apart from charging 20 tnd per photo, now that is taking the biscuit a little bit but then again this is a choice I suppose.
That's disgraceful Roulla. I know you often have to pay to take photos, but if you are taking children to the zoo as a treat they do want photographs to remember the day so you can hardly choose not to take them.

Essem

Staff member
That's disgraceful Roulla. I know you often have to pay to take photos, but if you are taking children to the zoo as a treat they do want photographs to remember the day so you can hardly choose not to take them.
They don't charge for taking photographs in the park - maybe Roulla means the photographer at the entrance charges 20TD per photo.

Having said that, I've had to pay to take pix recently in other places but it's been 1 or 2 dinars unlimited pix.

Aslemma

I know you often pay a dinar or two to take photos but 20 tdn sounded ridiculous.

Never having been, I'm thinking it might be nice to go this time, and possibly treat the children of a friend of mine to a day out. That raises the question of how to get there. I've had a look at the train timetable, but it seems the first train from Sousse after about 6 am is at 13.55 and there no direct trains back to Sousse after 16.59 which really doesn't leave much time. What other options are there? Bus? Louage? Any suggestions will be gratefully received. :)

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I ver understood this extra photo charge its just a joke and how do you tell these days when people have excellent cameras in their phones.

Time for this to be knocked on the head.

S

suzanne

20 dinar photo chargé is your picture taking beside dolphin or sea lion! U are free to take photos in friguia
As u visit thé park!

annibee

when i went it was just an extra 20 dinar pp to see the dolphin show. never had aa problem with train times got one about 11 and back to sousse about 4 ish if i remember rightly but a couple of years ago now

ROULLA

20 dinar photo chargé is your picture taking beside dolphin or sea lion! U are free to take photos in friguia
As u visit thé park!
Hi Suzanne hope that you are well!

Yes you are right the cost is 20 tnd to take a photo with the Dolphins however I had to pay 60 tnd although yes it was my choice in paying that but I did not have any other choice as I was told that I was not allowed to take a photo of the Dolphin with my own camera which I found quite ridiculous.

I also wanted to swim with the dolphin as it was advertised and they told us that it would cost 100 tnd each , when we said ok then can we pay 300 tnd for the 3 of us to swim with the Dolphin they said that you had to book it well in advance,,,Funny thing was that no one else was in the pool with the Dolphin apart from the 2 Dolphin keepers.

Maybe this year we will book the 100 tnd each as my son really wanted to get in the pool with the Dolphin.
I would also like to say that whilst having the photo done the zoo keepers rushed us so it was not as enjoyable as we would have wanted if that makes sense. I know that you are not going to expect to sit with the Dolphin and have a chat:) but at least make it enjoyable instead there were people who worked there shouting at my son as he was holding his camera,,Its not a mosque at the end of the day its a zoo.

There are many in Tunisia that would like to take their family to the zoo for a day out and I am more than sure that most children would love to have a photo with the Dolphins but I also think that the price should not be 20 tnd because that is extortion and many families in Tunisia have loads of children and cannot afford it, could you imagine having 3 children and they all want a photo with the Dolphin only to be told by their parents that it is too expensive and we are not allowed to take a photo with our own camera.

Essem

Staff member
100_4752.JPG

Essem

Staff member
100_4754.JPG

Essem

Staff member
100_4757.JPG

Essem

Staff member
100_4761.JPG