Getting Married In tunisia

georgisoff1

eea family permit

salaam alaykum
i guess you will marry a Europian Person, i am married to tunisian men and i am german living UK and we applied for EEA Family Permit and been granted this permit . i married under my EX- Husbands name and there is no problem with this.

celineb

to samwella and nicola.
thank you very much for your replys.

thats what i thought i needed and you have both put my mind at rest from paniking.

thanks again!!!

samwella

you'll be fine celine, I think the worst thing is reading to much into everything to be perfectly honest, when I went through it all, I was in Tunisia and didn't even know this site existed, it wasn't until I came back home and had already applied for both a holiday and spouse visa that I found this site, so even though there's a lot of info on here it can get a little confusing and worrying for others.

dancer

Does any1 know or experienced.........?

Hiya, I know that everyone asks about marrige and Visas and things.....but I just wondered if anyone knew if it is harder for tunisians to marry in England then it is for English girls to marry in Tunisia?!? Cos me and my bf want to marry, but I am desperate to marry in England!
Would be thankful for info......thanks
Dancer xxxxx:p

dizzyc

Hi Dancer, I've been researching this all weekend because I'm planning on doing the same thing. As far as I can see the only difficulty is getting the fiance visa to enable them to travel to the UK in the first place - once they are in the UK you have six months to get married & I believe that the Registrars in the UK are happy to marry an english person to a tunisian as long as they have the correct visa stamped in their passport. The only downside to doing it this way is that you have to pay £500 for the fiance visa then once you're married you have to apply for a two year extension to the visa which I believe costs £395. If I've got any of this wrong can someone please correct me - sometimes I read so much information that I confuse myself!! x

samwella

Hi Dancer it all depends on what you plan on doing really.
I personally think it's quite straight forward getting everything ready for you to marry in Tunisia as in paperwise as we havent done the whole actual party cant help on that front, but the actual contract is straight forward.
However doing in the UK is more complicated as you will have to get a visa, from experience once they've been granted the visa its then just the usual stress of planning a wedding. I think what you need to think about is where do you plan on being once your married? If you intend on living in the UK then you'll then have to go through applying for the settlemetn visa which will then cost again and in effect you'll have start again for the visa process, or if you intend on living in Tunisia if you either get married in the UK then you'll just need the fiance visa then stay in Tunisia, or if you get married in Tunisia and plan on living in the UK once he's here you can always have something here.
If it makes sense!! I confuse myself sometimes!!

Abdullah

hi,

what is the average age for boys and girls for marrige and what age is early and what age is late in Tunisia? thanx x x

RachaelLahmar

Need an email to ask questions about marrage?

Hi eveyone,

Planning on getting married soon but will be geting the papers from uk, cert if non impeiment and birh certificate, i will also be translating them at he local translation office in sousse. I was just wondering if the embassy/consulate need to be informed about our marrage as we will be appling fo settlement visa soon after?

Any advise would be great!

samwella

hey rach so you've decided to get your papers here then? I don't know know what you have to do when doing it that way round but to be honest I dont think you'd inform the embassy as once they've issues the papers then its dealt with at town hall or if you decide to have it done privately, as for applying for the visa as long as you've got all your papers and evidence I dont think it should be a problem

ammulu

I guess the age would certainly be 20 for boy and 18 for girls as far as I knew it. I am not so sure whether I am right but I am just guessing it.

samwella

Do you mean Tunisian boys marrying Tunisan girls, or them getting married to other nationals? As I'm guessing there would b a lot of difference with the average ages

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I would say after study now but much earlier if not students.

Boys tend to be older then girls my wife considered me a bit young (Me 29 her 27)

My Daughter certainly isn't getting married until she finishes her study.

;-)

dancer

Heya thanks to both of you. It does get very confusing and complicted! xx

dizzyc

Hi Dancer, how was your trip to see your fella? Hope you had a nice time.

RachaelLahmar

So cert of non impediment i HAVE to get translated at the consulate? Oh ok does anyone know how long this would take? As i know of some ppl who didnt even goto the embassy? Thanks in advance!

samwella

i know I didn't get anything translated at the embassy, my feelings were I gave them enough money for the notice and for the cerificate of non inped I wasnt going give them anymore for translating the stuff, I got everything translated in Tunis for about 10 dinar!

samwella

hey dancer it does get confusing and complicated trying weigh up the pro's and cons! Dizzy have you decided yet what to do?

RachaelLahmar

Thats kool Sam, Also i forgot to mantion im 19 as u know sam and i knmow i need consent from my dad as i am under 20 does anyone know anything else about this wherther he can just write a letter?

samwella

is it under 20 or under 18??