Getting Married In tunisia

candikisses

RE: Getting Married In tunisia

im from the west midlands in england

Kris

Administrator
Staff member

I used to live in Leamington Spa for a while loved it!

candikisses

yeah we have some nice areas hidden around the mids hehe

Jenna

Hi , i read on one of earlier posts that you had the contract for your marriage the moment you had all the papers and delayed the wedding. What part is the contract if its not the wedding? I thought the contract and the wedding was the same. Can you explain. I have got a white wedding dress to wear and i dont want to make a fool of myself if its not likea proper wedding, if you know what i mean.
Can you explain please
Thanks x

Kris

Administrator
Staff member

Hi Jenna,

In Tunisia the contract and the wedding are more or less the same thing.

Myself and Hajer made the choice because we where running out of time with the documents etc so we decided to get the contract done ASAP and then have a big party later.

If your deadlines (university etc) are not as tight as ours I would advise having them the same time as at the moment it feels funny that I have no ring on had no white wedding but I am married.

comparison.

Me and Hajer both in suits small party after no rings. then September big wedding, rings and my family over from UK.

Hajers brother and his wife wedding dress to the contract then rings after.

You see for us we had to play down the contract so that we could have a nice wedding party if not for us then for my family its not an ideal situation for them.

hayjcs

Hi all, just wanted to post on this page a great big thank you to Kris, I am marrying my boyfriend later on this year and I was lost as where to start, you have been an amazing help, you're an absolute star, thanks so much.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member

No thanks needed just have a good time and be happy.

And please post any hints or tips you may have or experiences to the fourm.

Regards,

Kris

candikisses

congrat hes a lovely guy
didnt think hed b one 2 settle down!

pej

Congratulations indeed to everyone else also thinking about getting married soon! And Kris, you deserve thanks from all of us. I would also like to ask you a practical question - I won't be able to stay in Tunisia for very long around our wedding. First of all my fiancée assures me that documents that are 2 months old won't be a problem - and since we won't be in Bizerte, I hope it's true! I was told it would take maybe 3 weeks to get the document of no impediment but then the lady actually got it fixed the same day... great service, but if I had known, I would have waited... Anyway, to my question: how long should you be in Tunisia before the contract? My fiancée, lovely as he is, doesn't quite seem to realise it's a bit harder getting married to a foreigner than to a fellow Tunisian, so my concerns do not seem to worry him much. I will, as the Tunisian Embassy here in Sweden requested, bring all the documents already translated and stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as the Embassy, but then I assume we will have to take these documents somewhere, plus there's the blood test to think of...

[/align]

T

tasht

hi ya ive been coming on here and looking for info on getting married to my fiance at the start of next year he works in the abou sofiane and used to work withur boyfriendbefore he lefti noticed that there is a pic and some mention of kiki there is a haysj i think i meet u at my engagment party in march with kikis family how are u keeping i am so glad your still together and planning to get married :) (for haysj)

Kris

Administrator
Staff member

You should be able to get everything sorted out before your arrival aside from the blood test. This has to be done by tunisian doctor and thus you will need to find this out for the town you intend to have it. I always say give yourself a week before just in case also when you get your witnesses sorted out take their id cards from them as the registrar will also want to see them.

candikisses

so ur fiance has the pleasure of working with the gorgeous rio!!!
ohhhhhhhhhhh to have that job hehehe:D;)

hayjcs how cum u deleted ur bfs name?

Kris

Administrator
Staff member

I dont blame hayjcs as its seems its such a small world.

I was wondering on a tangent if anyone thinks I should have another related thread to this (very successful one). Ie somthing like love rats, sob stories happy memories or sexy tunisians or somthing like that.

or maybe I am just a nosey so and so

pej

Oooh, sexy Tunisians sounds good! ;)But really, why not? I think a lot of people would want to contribute to that one. As for myself, I was immediately struck by the number of beautiful men in Tunisia... I told my boss that I had figured out why he went to Tunisia three times in teh seventies...

candikisses

yeah i think thats a great idea there are quite a few sexy one and i also know a few that are definate love rats lol!!

S

susiejwb

Its not so difficult as it sounds.
Get you certificates translated is the main thing. I had to get my birth certificate and decree absolute translated to french at the embassy in Tunis. The emabassy will not do the birth certificate until the 20th august because it has to be less than 20 days old.
Get your blood tests done.
If you can prove you have resided in Tunisa for 21 days then you laughing I get married in August in Monastir to the most beautiful Tunisian man.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member

Mabrook! susiejwb

Aeishuk

Jenna

Hey, is it compulsory to have resided in tunisia 4 21days. People have told me it isn't. And also my fiance said he asked at the embassy... still bit confused!! x

Kris

Administrator
Staff member

Hi Jenna,

I did mention before but perhaps it is buried in some of my previous posts.

Basically

If you wish to give notice in Tunisia you have to have resided for 21 days there.

However if your like me or most others you will go to your local registry office > have an interveiw > then leave a notice in the window for 21 days > then they will give you a certificate of no impediment!

This certificate basically says we have a notice for 21days and nobody has complained about this marriage!

Hope this makes sense if not pm me

Regards,

Kris

pej

Thanks for that clarification! I was also beginning to wonder. I have to say that for myself, I only wish it was over so I didn't have to worry about whether my documents are OK or I have to go home and do it all over again... It does however feel good that once this is "out of the way", religious ceremonies, parties a s o can be planned with less stress, especially with people coming in from other countries!