Getting Married In tunisia

Jane BM

Hello there,
What are the required documents to marry in Tunisia if both of us not Tunisian?
And how long time the process will take, we both Arab and Muslim (I am Palestinian and my fiancé Algerian).
Thank you
Im not sure Noor...perhaps you could try contacting your respective Embassies, they may be able to give you some information about it

gem15

please I need more information about it,,, anyone can help:(
It was in a very old thread now so i couldnt give you any more info than that. I know 2 Britsh people can get married here with no problems but you will need to check with your embassy.

gem15

please I need more information about it,,, anyone can help:(
A few Lybian people got married here recently due to the unrest in Lybia.

alex35

I am just looking and getting overwhelmed with it all,does anyone know any nice place in sousse where you can get married,as i really dont fancy the town hall,my other half is happy with that,he just wants me to be happy and aslo any nice resturants where we can have a meal/party in PEK?.XXXX

crazypink

Hey Alex :)

You can marry where ever you want to marry! All you need is a lawyer to make your contract for you. My friend married at her appartment.

alex35

really wowthat sounds like my kind of wedding.....

Jane BM

I am just looking and getting overwhelmed with it all,does anyone know any nice place in sousse where you can get married,as i really dont fancy the town hall,my other half is happy with that,he just wants me to be happy and aslo any nice resturants where we can have a meal/party in PEK?.XXXX
We didnt get married in Sousse, but what we did was rent a house for a week with a lovely big garden and had our wedding there...does your fiances family live in Sousse? could you have it at their home if you dont fancy the Town Hall?..but there are plenty of venues where you can get married there.

alex35

where did u rent ur house from,he does live there but his house wouldnt suit me,not that i am a snob,but he doesnt have a garden.xxx

Jane BM

where did u rent ur house from,he does live there but his house wouldnt suit me,not that i am a snob,but he doesnt have a garden.xxx
It wasnt in Sousse, it was further to the North of Tunisia in Bizerte so no good for you...but its another avenue you could explore, renting somewhere there for a week with a garden...we had it in the garden, it was lovely....

Essem

Staff member
Lots of Salles for weddings around now Alex. Gem recommends PEK Golf Club and the new Eco Village in Sidi bou Ali not far from PEK is just stunning for weddings, indoors or out. (Pix on our FB pages/albums).

SamiiJ

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you knew a place in the UK where I can get a Keswa wedding dress from, either online or a shop? Or any places in tunis?
Did any of you wear one and how much was it :)?

Thanks

Samantha

deedee

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you knew a place in the UK where I can get a Keswa wedding dress from, either online or a shop? Or any places in tunis?

Thanks

Samantha
Hi Samiij, Sorry but don't have a clue but thought it would be polite to reply. All the best in you finding one. Have you asked your in laws to be if they could help you with finding one? x

SamiiJ

Thanks so much anyway :) there is a lady in Hammamet she rents them out for £100 a night :) they look nice too :) xxx

janette

SamiiJ

Thanks I saw that :) xx

ROULLA

Hello all,

Thanks

Samantha
Hi SamiiJ hope that you are well! I am wondering If and it may be a big If but they may sell the Keswa wedding dresses in a Turkish wedding shop as they also get married in Keswa wedding dresses just a thought anyway:)

KheeKhee

Hello all,

Thanks

Samantha
I assume you mean a traditional Tunisian wedding dress? there are many online.

Trulymadlydeeply

I could have given you mine but not sure what happened to it? I think it was passed to family....

C

Cooldude33

Hello All :)
I am new here and don't know much about Tunisia's procedure for wedding,
But I have heard that the couple should be Mixed Couple.
i.e. between a foreigner and a native of Tunisia.
If so, I would like to do a unique marriage !!! :p