Getting Married In tunisia

kellyc

Hi

Hi Lisa,

No plenty of people have been issued visas without having been in the army. They often crack down on it now here to get people to do the military service, but ive never heard of it affecting anyone's visa application - but then you never know with the Embassy ;)

Good luck with your wedding :)

nikki23

Marriage Visa

hey

i was wondering, i mean i know its easier to get your partners over to the UK once your married, well supposedly, but i was thinking maybe its easier to get them here on a Fiance visa....but then i suppose its even harder to prove than the regular visa AND its recently gone up to 1350 TND for that one which isnt the kind of money we can afford to lose but then is there more of a chance of gettin him over on that visa? if so its worth investing...you can see how im in a dilemma tho as niether of us can afford to gamble with that sort of money....

anyway, your thoughts?? xxxx

kellyc

Hi

Hi Nikki,

Everyone's situation is so different its so hard to advise and cant really tell you what you should be applying for hun. I think a fiance visa would be harder I did look into this myself and just seemed as complicated as the others. Problem is everyones situation, relationship, finances are different and sometimes trying to find the easy way out isnt always the easiest!! Maybe Im different but Im so against this lets get married to try and make the visa easier, and talking from my own personal feelings only, Im intending to apply for the tourist visa, if they cant see that this relationship is genuine from the application and will reject the application then Id rather lose 170 dinar or whatever it is compared to 1000 dinar when ive got a wedding to pay for in May as well as other things. However its easier maybe for me to say that as Im living here and if Hosny can come with me in Feb on my visit home then it would be an added bonus but Im not in need for him to go to the UK. Like I say everyone's situation is different, you need to make the application based on your own situation and what you feel is right and worth it.

I know your going out of your head with this one hun but sometimes it helps to take a step back for a bit. Well thats just my two cents probably has helped in the slightest but I will chat to you later x

Bigbrother

I agree with Kelly, every situation is different, but it is a good idea to think about the whole process thoroughly, it makes sense to go for the right visa, take the time to get all the paperwork and finances in place, that way you’re not opting for the next best visa. I didn’t even know about the fiancé visa, I don’t think! I’m glad I didn’t know anything about it as it would’ve confused me even more at the time, it was stressful enough. I think it would be better to go for a settlement visa, one of the advantages/reasons why is that when you’re husband has been in England and married for a year, he can get his education cheaper. I don’t know about full time education, but my husband whose doing an ESOL course on Saturdays, practically paid nothing for it now, he did have to pay a percentage of the course fee when he first enrolled (2 classes) that was because he was only in the country for 8 months when he first enrolled, when he enrolled this summer he paid about £17 or £27. If a foreigner is in England and wants to enrol in a course, they are classified as foreign students and would have to pay thousands.

nikki23

hey

thanks every1 for your advice, we have both decided on a wedding in tunisia now so im just goin for a straightforward (sorta ) holiday visa! wish me luck!! hehe xxxxxxxx

kellyc

Hi

Hi nikki,

Sorry havent been on MSN to catch up but i will do. Go with your heart and do what is right for you good luck hun x

SEANITA

Marriage Panics

OK I thought I had all this sorted as I'm marrying in February but I've just been sitting reading through Yahoo Answers (BIG MISTAKE) and now I'm panicing. I thought that going for 2 weeks in February would be loads of time to get the papers from the embassy doctor etc but having read Answers someone on there has said that it will take 2 weeks to get the blood results back from a Dr. Can anyone let me know if there is any truth in that cause obviously it'll mess up my plans if I had to wait 2 weeks and theres no way I can stay any longer!

Secondly I was told that as I'm in my late 20's I wouldn't need my fathers consent to get married and now I've read on there that I do. Please tell me this isn't true because theres no way my dad would give it. He's completely against the whole thing!

As you can tell I'm in a right fluster now so all answers will be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping the answers on Yahoo Answers are all wrong but please let me know. Thanks.

pej

I most certainly did not need my fathers consent! Only if you are a minor. As for bloodwork, I never heard of it taking that long! Maybe a doctor somewhere said that hoping for a little extra money to "speed it up"?

Bigbrother

Seanita, when I got married we went along to a doctor that my husband new, opposite his house, not sure if it was his doctor though, anyway she took a glucose test - a pin prick on the finger, examined us both, then signed and stamped a letter - and that was it. She did say that she could send blood tests to a hospital, I said it was necessary for our purposes, that would've held us hope, plus I didn't know how long it would take and how much it would cost. You mentioned Embassy Doctor - we used a local doctor - don't know if the rules have changed with regards to that. I can't remember how much we paid, but it wasn't much.

With regards to your age question, there shouldn't be a problem - there is something about the age thing in Tunisia, around 19/20 years old you need to get permission from the parents and a letter I think, so it shouldn't affect you as you're in your late 20's.

Bigbrother

that should read it 'wasn't' necessary ...

SEANITA

Thanks everyone. What yous are all saying is exactly what I thought. Thats the last time I'll be looking on Yahoo Answers no matter how bored I am!! As I said before dont want anything going wrong especially as I've friends taking time off work to come out!

Big Brother sorry should be a coma between embassy and doctor.

Nizar.M

in the next 6 months my girlfirend will travel to me so we can marry ,i just want to coz she was married before and all of her do***ents are still in her exhusbands name even her passport.
will it be a problem for when we will apply for the eea family permit?
the reason iam asking this is coz she was married before and she still use her ex husband name just because her children wanted her keep the same name as her . and in the application for the embassy online they ask for her family name is this her father family name or her name that she use all the time (her exhusband name)?
and when we will return to the uk she will change everything to my family name
Thanks.

jukcoder

Better check this forum , UkResident.com and hear from people who know.

As for your coming to the UK, I wish you, already, know what's like to live in the UK as a foreigner even if you are married to a British national.

Once the honeymoon is over, you have to take care of yourself.

What you already know about the English is just a part of their customer service manners .Apart from that every single move -even a smile is calculated.

Earning no more than 500d a month + a local wife who understands you is far better than any life you expect in the UK.

All the best

beckijj

i have to disagree with you there i do not no your history but from seeing my friends who are both married to tunisians and my male friends married to english women they make the life themselves. if they chose to live in england im not saying its going to be easy but they have the support of their partner and it is the same living in a foreign country anywhere. you need the support from the partner and the family. if you dont have that support you will feel isolated but that comes with every relationship.

yes take care of yourself but doesnt that come with everything always look after yourself. u need to be possitive because if you do not think it will work then it wont work. i have 2 friends who i have grown up with and both married to tunisian men and they are happy and the men are happy too.

they are not getting calculated and they are living thier life as if they live in their own country.

personally its always what you make of it whether its a holiday or a relationship. if someone is not makeing the effort then yes it will feel hard but the love is there and i do believe that that will conquer all.

gud luck nizar and im sure you will be fine

Nizar.M

People i dont know what your talking about ? but its not about what idid ask

pej

I agree that this thread also quickly strayed away from the subject. Please do not tell anyone here what will happen to them after a possible move, as you can not know this. Nizar,as for your wife-to-be still using her ex-husband's name, this should not be a problem as such. It is not unusual after a divorce if there are children involved, but as long as the divorce is final there is no legal reason why you should not be married and apply for eea permit. That is probably the name they ask for in the application as well, but contact them if you are in doubt.

issam

Banned
for the one who claim failure for others

i've been living in the uk for almost 8 years,it has been hard for the start like anywhere else in the world,but i always try to make things better with a good plan, i know plan some time does not fit the practical way,but i managed from scrach with nothing , i only relyed on my skills in life that i set up one retail company with a franchise based in costa del sol spain with good turnovers and i set up another company promoting the new developement in properties in tunisia and trying to franchise worldwide every thing did not come from god's gifts but everything has came after a determination and hard work others are enjoying living on the benefit and making harder for others to acheive,goals might seem to be hard to acheive but if you want you can,a good couple always build the magic and behind every succesfull men a women

jukcoder

I never use my case or personal experience in judgement. This is how it is.

I have seen many Tunisians got married to grannies [,] got treated like trash

and finally ending up living off part-time jobs in restaurants and takeways.

And you know what they say about this country's weather and women.

If she went on a holiday and changed her mind, how will you guarantee she

won't do this again ? Call me negative , kill-joy or whatever you like

If you are skilled or business man as in Issam case, this is right place for

somebody who want to achieve something - not rely on benfits or waste his

life working for min wage .

I never got/will get married to an English woman. I came here to further my

study and the exit inhsha Allah will be soon :)

As I said nizar, if you ask this question in UKResident.com forum, you will get

a good answer, especifically from Victoria - a good immigration lawyer

Easy brethrens !

pej

Jukcoder, again stop deciding what is the truth as this is indeed what you are trying to do. It is too bad that things didn't work out for your friends and that they for some reason ended up with part-time jobs which I assume had nothing to do with the divorce as surely they worked or tried to even before the divorce. A member on this forum asked for advice in a matter that is serious to him, so your unnecessary comments on unrelated matters have no place here.

beckijj

i totally agree with pej, this site is for helping people with questions not adding on to answers or avoiding the actual question altogether.

don't worry nizar imk sure you will be fine, there should not be a problem what so ever your fiance being married before. i cant say i have read about anyone else having any problems and there is a lot of people who have been married before.