Getting Tunisians to UK - The Visa Thread

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Getting Tunisians to UK - The Visa Thread

In this thread if anyone has any visa related questions or needs advice please post.

Also if you had visa difficulties and managed to get over them please contribute here as I had it a bit too easy.

Also if unfortunately you couldn't get a visa for your loved one I would appreciate if you would share the reasons so that people can prepare for what can be even more stressful than the wedding.

Also here are some quick useful links.

[link=http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1017170890115]British Embassy Tunis Visa Section[/link]

[link=http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/VAF1%20-%20FEB%202006_revised3,1.pdf]The form you need to get your loved one to the UK for holiday/visit[/link]

[link=http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/vaf2_nov_2005.pdf]The one you need after marriage for 2 years stay in the UK[/link]

You may also want to type an invitation letter along the following lines (please remember to personalise!).

---------------------------------

Entry Clearance Officer
Visa section, British Consulate
Tunis
Tunisia

Dear Sir / Madam

I am providing this letter in support of the application for a UK visa for Mr/Miss X, a Tunisian national passport number 1235465, to come to the UK in January 2006 for no longer 2 Weeks.

I am a UK national, in full employment as a (insert job) and own/rent my own home in (insert town).

I have known (loved ones name) for 2 years and have visited him/her in (town name), Tunisia X times in this period and have extended the offer for him/her to visit me in the UK for a short holiday.

(Name) will stay at my home and I will also be happy to provide any accommodation, financial support or otherwise necessary during his/her stay though my guest is financially self sufficient.

I have provided a budget of £xxx per week and a contingency of £xxx should their be any issues.

I trust that this letter, along with the attached documents provided is sufficient to successfully support his/her application for a UK visa, though if you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me on my mobile phone +44 (xx) xxxxxxxx.

Sincerly Yours

Ivana Tunisian

-----------------------

Always think of how this application will look to the folks in the visa section remember to make sure that you have the following.

3 Months Bank Statements
3 months Pay slips
Letter from you boss/hr department stating your salary and your employment duration
Details on you accommondation (lease agreement/mortgage statement)
A colour copy of your passport and the bit with the Tunisian stamps.
Any hotel reciepts info about your visits.

Remember this is a guide based on experience, nothing compares to speaking with the Embassy and giving them the exact information that they need. Remember if they say no many of the reasons are valid ask yourself would you let in the 21 year old Tunisian girl/boy with no qualification or money with his 40 year old husband/wife who he met once when she was on holiday who again has no money either! (an extreme example) This may sound horrible but the guys there have an important job so when you put your application together put yourself in their shoes and also make sure that you vist back and forth before taking the plunge into marriage!

Regards,

Kris

Tunisian Flower

hi everybody here.
my husband and i been married for a year till now.i aplied for a visit visa last year and been refused as they thought am going to stay there forever.
i didn't know that i need to prove that am coming back.if i knew i would provide it as i'm studying at university here and i have to be back.
we are aplying hopefully in may i feel so stressed and would like to have all supporting document.we almost gathered all papers needed.(list been given to us from the solicitors)if anyone need the list i can send it to him.
i would like to know if the ''flat check''is the one we get from the housing people.
i will be so greatfull if anyone could give me an idea abt the interview,do we set for it seprate or as a couple?and does anyone how long would it take inorder to get an answer abt our visa????
thanks in advance.
(by the way im new here and i dont know how to login and reply in the forum)LOL xx

LittleMissSunshine

hi everybody here.
my husband and i been married for a year till now.i aplied for a visit visa last year and been refused as they thought am going to stay there forever.
i didn't know that i need to prove that am coming back.if i knew i would provide it as i'm studying at university here and i have to be back.
we are aplying hopefully in may i feel so stressed and would like to have all supporting document.we almost gathered all papers needed.(list been given to us from the solicitors)if anyone need the list i can send it to him.
i would like to know if the ''flat check''is the one we get from the housing people.
i will be so greatfull if anyone could give me an idea abt the interview,do we set for it seprate or as a couple?and does anyone how long would it take inorder to get an answer abt our visa????
thanks in advance.
(by the way im new here and i dont know how to login and reply in the forum)LOL xx
You only need to consider a "flat check" / accommodation inspection if you're applying for a settlement visa, Najoua.

If it's a settlement visa you're thinking of, your partner will need to speak with her local Council and ask for a housing inspection for immigration purposes. They will arrange a time to come out and see her at her home and check:

Number of bedrooms;
Number of people currently living there;
Number of extra people wanting to come and live there; and
Check there is heat, hot and cold water, toilets that work and a kitchen.

Then they will send her a short report within about 2 weeks (mine arrived much sooner) which confirms all of the information and that there is space for you to go live with her. The cost will be about £90.00.

At the moment, it is not a mandatory document to have for a settlement visa, but it is a good idea to have one just in case.

I don't think there is an interview for any visa at the moment - certainly not for a settlement visa, although many people think they should start to do them again.

Tunisian Flower

Hey misslittle sunshine,
thnx for the information above.well am the wife and my husband is in england,british citezen!
well we are aplying for a Spouse visa???it is the same as settelment????he hot a letter from his housing people and cost him nothing but they mentioned my name and that there is enough space to me to be there.
did u aply for ur visa?????or u already have it?????how long did it take for a reply.
how can i text u privetly??im new here nd know nothing.

welcome to the forum.

there is only one way to solve it, by stating that you did indeed apply for a tourist visa to the USA in 2007, that it was refused as you had not travelled out to countries far from your home country.

what countries had/have you travelled to before and since 2007?

do you still travel on that same passport? if so is there a refusal date stamp in the passport?

if you now have a different passport, remember that you need to provide that information too.

good luck with the visa application
hi mellie c ive been trying to call you

Tunisian Flower

thnx Dandeuch.
i need to contact Mel,woul u plz help me?:)

Essem

Staff member
Hi Najoua

Have you tried pm'ing Mel?

Tunisian Flower

yes i did but no answer,i even called her but in vain :(

dandeuch

I will contact elaine and see if she can contact mel for you najoua...

Tunisian Flower

thanks Dandeuch

i did contact Lainie but she didnt answer either..she seems quite busy!

Tunisian Flower

im here
you can call off the dogs!
was having a forum free weekend - had other things to occupy me ;)
yes i understand but u know it is such stressfull time and i needed ur help to contact Mel.

Trulymadlydeeply

Is Mel still in the Uk? Seems shes disappeared :confused:

Tunisian Flower

who knows where is she??:confused: but honestly seems she disapeared!!!

lynn

daffodil

Maybe the authorities have kidnapped her to stop her telling us all the rules:)

lynn

Tunisian Flower

Maybe the authorities have kidnapped her to stop her telling us all the rules:)
that's how it seems Daff,been trying to cantact her via phone,email,pm but no answer...her phone just ring ring...