Getting Tunisians to UK - The Visa Thread

deblee71

that's how it seems Daff,been trying to cantact her via phone,email,pm but no answer...her phone just ring ring...
It's actually quite worrying isn't it? Who is she friends with on here?

Tunisian Flower

It's actually quite worrying isn't it? Who is she friends with on here?
yes Deb it is really worrying...as far as i know Lainie is the closest person to her on here but she tried to contact her but no answer as well...

dandeuch

mellie posted on another thread so she is definately ok, she is maybe just busy, she does alot.. be patient she will come xx

deblee71

mellie posted on another thread so she is definately ok, she is maybe just busy, she does alot.. be patient she will come xx
Ah, that's a relief!!! ;)

dandeuch

Yeah was just reading some of the new posts and seen her name crop up in one of them, dont think she is ever far from the forum but i know she is a busy busy lady and helps alot of people so maybe she is doing some work at the moment..xx

Tunisian Flower

i'm so happy to know that she is fine and being on here...being trying to contact her for a couple of days but there is noway to reach her :(

Jane BM

i'm so happy to know that she is fine and being on here...being trying to contact her for a couple of days but there is noway to reach her :(
Not sure Najoua...think they were old threads...hopefully you will hear soon...xx

lynn

i really hope so Jane,still waiting :(

xxx
I am so fed up of this waiting all the time, it's not easy when you are apart is it, I know how you are feeling, hope you have some luck soon x

Tunisian Flower

ah u cant imagine Lynn,it is terrible :( so stressful and not easy at all...
i really hope so,lots of luck needed...
thnx Lynn xxx

Tunisian Flower

Hi everyone on here
my husband is using mobile phone bills as proof of contact, these are of high value as we keep in contact in this way at day time,will this go against our visa as there is lots of money going to phone bills???should we put the ones with the lowest bills or even the high ones???
i think it wont be against us,for us indeed as this will show them that this money wont be spent once we are together.
any advice plz??

Jasmine

I would say that it would show a vast saving once you are together, as your phone bills will be alot less as communicating face to face is free :) I would include them.

Have you done a budget sheet? (your husband?) To show the incomings and outgoings NOW and what it will be once you are here? It will show that communications methods are reduced in outgoings and will mean a saving of X pounds. Also visits etc.

Yes you will visit family in Tunisia, but it will not be as frequent as hes coming over (assuming here) and also you will keep in contact via phone, skype with family in Tunisia but it wont be to the extreme as you and your husband are - does this make sense?

Tunisian Flower

oh yeah this absolutely does make sense Jasmine :) thank you so much...

well yeah my husband has done a budget sheet...making things clearer to the ECO...you cant imagine how much money we are spending on phone bills although we try to speak more via Skype and facebook but we cant help it sometimes and we stay for a long time on the phone esepcially at the day time when my husband is working and am at university we try and keep in touch 24/24...we dnt talk only when we are asleep LOL

another question:am student so i wont be able to provide bank details...im provinding documents for my studying instead...my husband is supporting me all the way and on the application form when it asked what's your personal circumstances i ticked sponsered by my husband and not the one saying student...do you think i've done the right thing???becoz i think here they are mainly asking abt financial circumstances if i say student they will assume am supported by the govermenet...am i right???

Jasmine

If you have documents supporting what you say then include them.

They are concerned about you covering the 3 main points.

1) Is this a genuine marriage
2) Accommodation you are coming to - is it big enough etc
3) Financial - that you can be supported in the UK without recourse to public funds.

If your husband is already supporting you, show that with paperwork. If he sends you money via western union for example, include the receipts...It MAY be a saving for you both once you are in the UK, as this support will stop. Yes hes going to support you here initially in the UK, but is that the same amount as hes sending you over now?

PLEASE do not answer anything you dont want to openly on the forum. Just giving you an example, not asking you to give me figures :)

Tunisian Flower

thanks Jasmine...i know am not going to say anything abt my life detailed :D

well yeah we have documents to prove my studies and we have to western union slips...so we should be fine i guess...
oh yeah he is sending me pretty good ammount and surely it will be better once we are together as this way my poor husband has to support two lives in diffrent places including accomodation,food and everything as i live in a dormitory so i pay my rent and for my food and everything...once we are together it will clearly be better,we paying for just one place...

about the accomodation we got a letter from the housing association stating that the property is big enough to me to be in...we have not done housing inspection and we've been told that's enough and the inspection is not mendatory...

i've another question:am starting to whrite my covering letter tomorrow...i've applied before for 2 visas and been refused the first one was the wrong visa i aplied for :p and the second one was visit and i didnt provide the needed document for it...so should i explain this on my letter????wouldn't be a matter for me???what should i cover exactely on this letter???

sorry loads of question but been let down by someone and now i need to do everything myself ;)

Jasmine

thanks Jasmine...i know am not going to say anything abt my life detailed :D

well yeah we have documents to prove my studies and we have to western union slips...so we should be fine i guess...
oh yeah he is sending me pretty good ammount and surely it will be better once we are together as this way my poor husband has to support two lives in diffrent places including accomodation,food and everything as i live in a dormitory so i pay my rent and for my food and everything...once we are together it will clearly be better,we paying for just one place...

about the accomodation we got a letter from the housing association stating that the property is big enough to me to be in...we have not done housing inspection and we've been told that's enough and the inspection is not mendatory...

i've another question:am starting to whrite my covering letter tomorrow...i've applied before for 2 visas and been refused the first one was the wrong visa i aplied for :p and the second one was visit and i didnt provide the needed document for it...so should i explain this on my letter????wouldn't be a matter for me???what should i cover exactely on this letter???

sorry loads of question but been let down by someone and now i need to do everything myself ;)

I would imagine that the embassy would hold a record of you being refused. Do you not also get a refusal stamp in the passport? So you can cover it briefly in your letter. I wouldnt imagine you would need to go into great detail about it, as a visit visa is not the same requirements as a settlement. And im not sure what the other was :D

You can cover how you met, when you married and that hes spent time with your family etc. What your plans are for the future. Why you chose to apply the visa - for example, he is in full time employment, and you are not currently earning - so easier (in some respects) for you to leave Tunisia than for him to leave the UK etc. It doesnt have to be an esssay. :)

Tunisian Flower

as student i thought it would be a 5 paragraph essay :D i will try and write one tomorrow...

i've changed my passport to change my sirname and the stamps gone with the old one...the second visa was funny one i applied for something totally wrong i cant even remeber what i was LOL but gladly it was with free fee LOL

Jellycat

NW- Don't forget to include your old passport too- it's a requirement. Good luck!