Getting Tunisians to UK - The Visa Thread

Hi, I want him to come live with me here, so not to sure what one I'm just really getting prepared as we no its going to be a long process but would just like to be one step ahead :)

Essem

Staff member
Hi Alice and welcome to the forum.

Jasmine

Welcome to the forum Alice :)

Jane BM

Hi Alice...are you British? Have you looked at the UKBA website? Do you intend marrying? There are many visa options, though none of them easy by any means so really you need to know which visa he is going to apply for to get correct advise.

Yes i am british and Yes we are getting married =) and we want a visa so he can live here with me but I hear we have to go thought another process first?!? I'm just so stuck, I really don't want to go through any disappointment although I no it's going to be a lo g process I just want to get everything right =)

Trulymadlydeeply

I think both you and your future husband need to talk all of thus through before you get married. Its for both of you to find out what you both need to do and both pay for. Wedding can be as cheap or expensive as you want it, but the visa is very expensive and you will have things to prove such as earning over £18,600 a year?! Have you discussed what you will do if he doesn't get the visa, are you prepared to live there, can he support you both? Major discussions needed.

Thanks for reply =) yes we have discussed what will happen if it doesn't get approved as I'm praying this doesn't happen but our plans are to live together here and see if he likes/can live the life style as it very different! And i dont expect anyone to adapt more then they can possible. We are both prepared for a bumpy ride. I just really need to know how to go about the process and what to expect I really just want to be a step ahead with all details

Jane BM

Thanks for reply =) yes we have discussed what will happen if it doesn't get approved as I'm praying this doesn't happen but our plans are to live together here and see if he likes/can live the life style as it very different! And i dont expect anyone to adapt more then they can possible. We are both prepared for a bumpy ride. I just really need to know how to go about the process and what to expect I really just want to be a step ahead with all details
Are you intending marrying before applying for a visa or do you want him to apply for a fiancé visa? There are many many threads on here re the different visas, also as I previously stated, if you check out the UKBA website you will see all the criteria needed for both...do you earn over £18,600? Because that is a requirement for either of these visas...or there is Visitors visa. Being one step ahead is good however you need to decide which path you want to go down first so that you can make an informed decision.

Thank you very much for your help I will look on th ukba website for more info! We want to get married there so which visa would that be? And yes my pay is ok for the visa requirement. Also what other things will need paying for ie passport for him (better save faster) =)

Jane BM

Thank you very much for your help I will look on th ukba website for more info! We want to get married there so which visa would that be? And yes my pay is ok for the visa requirement. Also what other things will need paying for ie passport for him (better save faster) =)
If you'll be married when you apply then it's settlement visa to apply for. Why do you need to save for his passport? He will need to take and pass an approved English test before he can apply, then it's a case of gathering all the evidence you need to supply the UKBA to show you both fulfil and meet the criteria required by them.

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Under the new rules your going to be waiting years for a passport.

You need to get the information from the UKBA and read it or pay a lawyer to do it for you.

I did the papers for my wife myself and saved about £800 but then i am good at forms and we filled all the criteria + for borderline cases or ones where you are just married it might be worth seeking professional advice.

Trulymadlydeeply

What rules are they kris re the passport?

carrie25

Thanks Carrie..Yes im goin to appeal I wont give up. I would live in Tunisia too I never want to come back here and my husband is quite happy where he is.. unfortunately there other things to be considered not just me and him so if at 1st you dont succeed try try again ..It may be a good idea to follow Lynns advise and get things checked out before you apply by an adviser. anything I get to know will post keep you informed ..GOOD LUCK X
Hi everyone, I've not been deliberately ignoring you, I had a bout of norovirus just before Christmas. Bit of a quadary about what to do with Mum as I didn't want her catching it but my brother stepped in and looked after her for 3 days till I was over the worst. Good luck with the appeal Scooby, I do have an overdraft but haven't needed to use if for over a year now, and thank you for your good wishes and offer of help. I will take Lynn's advice too. Thank you to everyone that has offered advice too. Just wanted to say to all . . . have a very Happy New Year and let's hope that 13 will be lucky for those of us hoping to have our loved one's with us for next New Year.

lynn

Happy New Year to all and may 2013 brings health, wealth and great times ahead :)

Jane BM

Hi everyone, I've not been deliberately ignoring you, I had a bout of norovirus just before Christmas. Bit of a quadary about what to do with Mum as I didn't want her catching it but my brother stepped in and looked after her for 3 days till I was over the worst. Good luck with the appeal Scooby, I do have an overdraft but haven't needed to use if for over a year now, and thank you for your good wishes and offer of help. I will take Lynn's advice too. Thank you to everyone that has offered advice too. Just wanted to say to all . . . have a very Happy New Year and let's hope that 13 will be lucky for those of us hoping to have our loved one's with us for next New Year.
Sorry you were so poorly before Christmas....let us know how you get on with the visa application Carrie. Xx

Josie

Hey erm is there a forum for living and working in tunisia like an english girl wanting move there?

missmetal

Hey erm is there a forum for living and working in tunisia like an english girl wanting move there?
This forum has a lot of info on it and many ex-pats that live and work in Tunisia. But if your are looking for a job site for Tunisia then maybe someone can recommend a site for that.