Getting Tunisians to UK - The Visa Thread

Essem

Staff member
Hey erm is there a forum for living and working in tunisia like an english girl wanting move there?
This is the website for that Josie.

There used to be another but it's no longer operational.

Is there anything in particular you want to know?

A few expats have moved here over the years and have lived and worked very successfully, some even opening their own businesses there. Others have tried it and it hasn't worked for one reason or another, but at least they tried.

Very difficult for foreigners finding work here at the moment, but it's never been that easy. Even the tour operators have cut back on flights which means cutting back on staff.

What type of work were you thinking of?

Jane BM

Hey erm is there a forum for living and working in tunisia like an english girl wanting move there?
Hi Josie, I thought you were looking at your fella coming here before? Are you weighing up the options? Not easy for an ex pat to find work over, have you tried contacting the Tour Operators?

A

Adrian

Slow down Salim ;) Is your friend Tunisian? Where do they live? Did he get a settlement visa to the UK or Spain? When did he move, was it Nov 2008? and its ILR Indefinate Leave to Remain (leave is another word for permission)
Hello everyone, dear Rainbowchild....I just came across this forum, I know this is an old thread but after EXTENSIVE search and research, it seems these replies might suit my case somehow regarding the stupid EEA Family Permit, and the forum seemed friendly enough...
My short story: Me = Romanian (European) citizen, my wife = Malaysian, we got married in Malaysia, and we live there at the moment. We would like to apply for a EEA Family Permit for her, in order to move to the UK (I have job offers in the medical field). My terrific question that worries me mostly, is, do we need 18 600 gbp in order to apply for a EEA Family Permit ?

Jane BM

Hello everyone, dear Rainbowchild....I just came across this forum, I know this is an old thread but after EXTENSIVE search and research, it seems these replies might suit my case somehow regarding the stupid EEA Family Permit, and the forum seemed friendly enough...
My short story: Me = Romanian (European) citizen, my wife = Malaysian, we got married in Malaysia, and we live there at the moment. We would like to apply for a EEA Family Permit for her, in order to move to the UK (I have job offers in the medical field). My terrific question that worries me mostly, is, do we need 18 600 gbp in order to apply for a EEA Family Permit ?
Hi Adrian and welcome to this forum.....however do either you or your wife have a connection to Tunisia?... I'd suggest your first port of call is the UKBA website for information and criteria needed for your wife and you to live in the UK.

Desi

Hi Adrian, and welcome to the forum. No, you do not need an income of £18600 if you apply through the EEA Family permit route. Your wife does not need an English test either. You however need to show that you have settled here (UK) for some time before you invite her.You would need to show an address (accommodation details), a job, some income, a few bank statements, as well as invitation letter.She would need to submit job/ qualification details, some savings of hers would help too.This is on top of my head, but if you search EEA Family Permits Supporting Documents in Google, there are a couple of very useful forums that will come up.Good Luck!

A

Adrian

Hi Adrian, and welcome to the forum. No, you do not need an income of £18600 if you apply through the EEA Family permit route. Your wife does not need an English test either. You however need to show that you have settled here (UK) for some time before you invite her.You would need to show an address (accommodation details), a job, some income, a few bank statements, as well as invitation letter.She would need to submit job/ qualification details, some savings of hers would help too.This is on top of my head, but if you search EEA Family Permits Supporting Documents in Google, there are a couple of very useful forums that will come up.Good Luck!
Hello and thank you for your reply. No we do not have any connection with Tunisia, I just found this forum useful because all the other forums only discuss cases where one of the partners is British and wife/husband non European. I am European, non British and wife is non EU.
Yes I have read the UKBA website about all the supporting documents. BUT... I am not in the UK as I said previously, I am not settled in the UK, we are in Malaysia and we want to apply for the permit here and then travel together at the same...time lol Just came across this 18600 gbp minimum threshold thingy...

Essem

Staff member
Hi Adrian

Have you tried Romania or isn't that an option for you work wise?

I don't have much knowledge of what you're asking but would imagine that even you, as an EU citizen, would have to be settled in the UK (as Desi has stated) before you'd be considered. Would you coming to and settling in the UK first be an option?

Also would the company who have offered you work in the UK be able to help?

Good luck!

Josie

Hiya can someone give me as much info as possible my friend wants to get her boyfriend over for a holiday hes head of security in hotel been working there for about 15 years she been a manager earns over 18,000 been wiv the company 13 years... Can anyone help me so can tell her exactly what she needs and how to do it. Thank you xx

Josie

Hey sorry for late reply ain't been on here, yeah just checking cause I'm young and It's hard as I lost my job I'm having trouble finding work he's outta work till march. So all abit hectic atm. And haven't tried anything atm just had a look on google and commented here, Yeah I would rather him come here where he can get a job cause I couldn't stay at home I'd be bored as am now. Just so many things going wrong with trying to sort everything out with him lol x

Jane BM

Hiya can someone give me as much info as possible my friend wants to get her boyfriend over for a holiday hes head of security in hotel been working there for about 15 years she been a manager earns over 18,000 been wiv the company 13 years... Can anyone help me so can tell her exactly what she needs and how to do it. Thank you xx
Has your friend looked on the UKBA website Josie? Is it a visitor visa they want to apply for? If so there isn't an earnings threshold for her, the fact that he seems to have a secure job it seems is good as well. We can't tell her exactly what to do or how to do it as each application is different however if she reads the UKBA website on visitor visas and also the threads on here about them then has any questions, tell her to fire away any questions she has after.

mand

have i got this right....?if somebody was born in europe but not england and moved to england they can bring there spouse here with no visa or visa requirements going through the eu way?

Trulymadlydeeply

Yup more or less...

So if you are British you could move to say France and do the same!!

mand

wow thats pretty bad.. do you or anyone no if we can apply for a extension if hubby is aready here on a 6 month family visit visa??

Trulymadlydeeply

I'm not sure Mand, hopefully someone else can answer you. I would have thought he has to go back and apply for settlement.

mand

we are unable to apply for settelment as i dont earn the money requirement. we have just had our baby and am on maternity :(

Jane BM

we are unable to apply for settelment as i dont earn the money requirement. we have just had our baby and am on maternity :(
Check the UKBA website Mand...but I know that they used to have to return to Tunisia to reapply, they couldn't extend it here. As far as the EU route goes....yep...in theory all true!!!!! There are rules etc though but it is an alternative for some people..

mand

thank you x

mand

do you no if any other visit visa gives you longer then just 6 months x