Getting Tunisians to UK - The Visa Thread

Trulymadlydeeply

I think that is the maximum. As you are on maternity could you not go back with him for a while?

olliebaby

No they are all for 6 months apart from one for 12 months but that is only if you are accompanying an academic visitor.

mand

yes that is the other plan x

Jane BM

Hi and welcome to the forum...why is your boyfriend worried for his safety?

If you aren't married then he cannot apply for settlement here, but could apply for fiancé visa, however as his sponsor, even for a fiancé visa you would need to earn over £18,600, if you don't then you're not eligible.

Otherwise it's just a 'holiday' visa, but again these are very difficult to obtain if you aren't working, also does he work in Tunisia? If not, then again very difficult, as part of the criteria is proof of their 'intent to return' to Tunisia...which without permanent work, home,savings etc is very difficult to prove.

Sorry....

Jane BM

Thank you for the reply :) yes he works in Tunisia at the moment
Well then, if its permanent work and he has a contract etc, you could always go down the VV route, but that's not permanent, that's just a temporary one...

Zoe Faithfull

Yeah, its for 6 months or something isnt it? I did suggest it to him, but he said he doesnt want to leave me again, bless him.

Jane BM

Yeah, its for 6 months or something isnt it? I did suggest it to him, but he said he doesnt want to leave me again, bless him.
It's for a maximum of 6 months...yes...can't see an alternative if you don't earn over £18,600 though, that's the new regs....

Zoe Faithfull

yeah i know. it sucks lol. but then 6 months is better than nothing i guess....

Jane BM

It is, but then you have to think what happens after 6 months? The alternative to him coming here is you going there....that's the choice a lot of people have to face now if they don't meet the criteria...

Zoe Faithfull

I am considering going there. Are you there?

Jane BM

I am considering going there. Are you there?
Consider it wisely Zoe....big decision at the moment, big change of life...no I'm not living there, my husband is living here in thenUK with me....

Zoe Faithfull

yes i am. im considering all my options as best as i can....hard though...:confused:

Jane BM

yes i am. im considering all my options as best as i can....hard though...:confused:
It is hard...it's why I and others do bang on and on about really considering all your options before getting married to a Non EU National, because it can't be taken for granted anymore that they can come here....I know if my husband hadnt been accepted wed already decided I'd have moved there, Plan B...but it definitely would have been with a heavy heart right now....there are some women who for whatever reason would not move to Tunisia, then aren't eligible for their husbands to settle here in the UK, and are left being married to someone who lives in another country, and heart broken....

Zoe Faithfull

yeah i know and really thats what i dont want. it will be a while before we get married i would of thought. will be when we are both truly ready

Trulymadlydeeply

Welcome to the forum Zoe :)

If you do have to move there would your 2 previous partners be ok with you taking the kids? Another hurdle lots of women face. You wouldnt be able to work out there, does your bf earn enough to support all of you? I dont know the ages of your children but how would they adapt to being uprootedand moved to a country where they dont speak the language. Going to a tunisian school etc obviously they will come first, have you discussed all this with your partner. Have you known him long? As for his safety unless he is working for the government I shouldn't think there's much to worry about. Some of our members live there and see no trouble at all.

Zoe Faithfull

Thank you for you reply :) I know i wont be able to work. one of my previous partners will make it hard for me i know. my friends dont want me to go wither lol. yeah we have discussed it. He wants to be here to be with us all, but again its going back to the visa stuff. i have known him for a year now. I know i have to put my childrens best interests at heart first. I think my bf will be ok too, he just doesnt like violence

Jane BM

Thank you for you reply :) I know i wont be able to work. one of my previous partners will make it hard for me i know. my friends dont want me to go wither lol. yeah we have discussed it. He wants to be here to be with us all, but again its going back to the visa stuff. i have known him for a year now. I know i have to put my childrens best interests at heart first. I think my bf will be ok too, he just doesnt like violence
Don't think anyone particularly likes violence...lol...however things aren't THAT bad in Tunisia...we have our fair share of crime in the UK!!! I don't see how it's going to work to be honest Zoe! Sorry...not unless you can conjure up a job that earns you over £18,600 minimum.

Essem

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Zoe.

Where is your bf based? No violence or fighting in Sousse area - a few demonstrations recently but certainly safe enough.

Zoe Faithfull

Lol yeah thats very true. Thats a relief. He is in Kebilli. Think most of it is in Tunis isnt it? I know sousse is quiet peaceful. Loved it there! My friend is getting married to her partner of 2 years next month. Is there a financial requirement for the spouse visa if you marry in Tunisia?

Jane BM

Lol yeah thats very true. Thats a relief. He is in Kebilli. Think most of it is in Tunis isnt it? I know sousse is quiet peaceful. Loved it there! My friend is getting married to her partner of 2 years next month. Is there a financial requirement for the spouse visa if you marry in Tunisia?
You don't need a visa to live in Tunisia....is that what you mean?

There actually isn't any trouble in Tunis, there's just sporadic demonstrations that's all, my husbands jut been out there and it's fine...