Getting Tunisians to UK - The Visa Thread

Zoe Faithfull

Cool thats peace of mind. thank you :) When my friend gets married in Tunisia, is there the same financial requirement for the spouse visa to come back to UK with her husband?

ROULLA

Hi Zoe and welcome to the forum!

Zoe you say that your boyfriend is worried for his safety whilst he is in Tunisia is that correct ? The reason that I ask you is that you have said that if your boyfriend is unable to come over here then you will go there or have I read that wrong ?
I was just sitting here thinking that if your own boyfriend has said that he is worried about his own safety then what about if you decided to go to Tunisia with your children , have you not thought about your safety and the safety of your children because Tunisia is going downhill at the moment and it will be a very very long time before Tunisia goes up hill again so please think things through before deciding on what you want to do.

Zoe Faithfull

I would never ever put mine or my children lives in danger. I know what you mean and it is common sense not to go somewhere where it isnt safe. Thats live climbing an active volcano.
If he cant come here, i guess we'll just have to wade it out and see what happens and carry on with the calls, texts and skype :)

Jane BM

Cool thats peace of mind. thank you :) When my friend gets married in Tunisia, is there the same financial requirement for the spouse visa to come back to UK with her husband?
Firstly, you would have to marry in Tunisia unless you'd got a fiancé visa for him to come to the UK, same goes for your friend, because obviously they can't leave the country.

But yes, the same rules apply....if after they marry, he applies for settlement in the UK, she is his sponsor so the earnings threshold stands..

Jane BM

I would never ever put mine or my children lives in danger. I know what you mean and it is common sense not to go somewhere where it isnt safe. Thats live climbing an active volcano.
If he cant come here, i guess we'll just have to wade it out and see what happens and carry on with the calls, texts and skype :)
That will drive you to distraction after time Zoe....

Trulymadlydeeply

I'm sorry but come on ladies do your homework!!!!! It's obvious they need to marry a foreigner to get out of Tunisia. You NEED to be aware of the legal requirements that YOU need to meet to fulfil the immigration laws and regulations. It is too late once you are married to say "Oh I didn't know" because I can tell you something your boyfriends will know before you get married!!!!

Zoe Faithfull

Um i have done my research thanks and i know all about the 'tunisians marrying for a visa' stuff. This is different and just general info seeking. Nothing set in stone...!

Trulymadlydeeply

I'm not saying they are marrying for a visa, I'm saying that IF you marry a visa national then you need to meet requirements. You not him. Therefore these things need to be clear before you get married or you will be living a marriage via Skype. When I say you I'm not directing it at you Zoe I'm meaning the British/European wife..

Jane BM

Totally agree Truly.....and no not aimed directly at Zoe, however people/women need to realise that getting married to a Tunisian does NOT give them a god given right to have their spouses in the UK with them, it is incredibly difficult, requires a huge amount of hard work, dedication, diligence and above all FINANCES....there are NO ways round the regulations, if you and your partners aren't eligible under UKBA regulations then it simply won't happen. Relationships via Skype can only last for so long...so if you really are meant to be together then you need to have a Plan B, which invariably means going to live in Tunisia, which if you have children from a previous relationship is no easy option either.

Fortunately Zoe is asking the questions BEFORE the fact and not AFTER getting married...(sorry to talk about you Zoe), so still has choices to make, unlike many ladies who marry their Tunisian husbands and then find out that they can't come to the UK...and aren't prepared to move there to be with them.

Zoe Faithfull

:) thats ok. Thank you janebenmohamed. Im not one to jump straight into something on a whim lol. Thanks for all the advice :). I know its for 6months which is better than nothing, but what goes on with the VV? Whats needed etc?

Jane BM

:) thats ok. Thank you janebenmohamed. Im not one to jump straight into something on a whim lol. Thanks for all the advice :). I know its for 6months which is better than nothing, but what goes on with the VV? Whats needed etc?
There's a thread on here somewhere about VV's and what people have used as documentation...if he's working and has a job contract that'll help as the biggest sticking point seems to be their 'intent to return'..have a read of the thread and check out the UKBA website under visitors visas, then if you need any more info or help just holler.....

Zoe Faithfull

decided to go down the VV route. Hope theres no hiccups lol :confused:

Jane BM

decided to go down the VV route. Hope theres no hiccups lol :confused:
Just make sure you cover all the points....Salim posted on the VV thread a couple of days ago with some good information...

Jane BM

Best of luck Zoe...let us know how you get on.

Josie

Hello could do with some help.. A friend of mine got married to a Tunisian in December, He's been to the embassy and the foreign something in Tunis... How does she get her marriage certificate?

Jane BM

Hello could do with some help.. A friend of mine got married to a Tunisian in December, He's been to the embassy and the foreign something in Tunis... How does she get her marriage certificate?
From the place where they married.....he should speak to his local municipality. Normally they issue your wedding certificate within a few days. It's not the Embassy that do it.