Getting Tunisians to UK - The Visa Thread

Trulymadlydeeply

Sorry to be blunt but does her husband not know? Surely she should ask him..

lynn

we had our certificate same day

Essem

Staff member
Further updates: UKBA's website Visa4UK is now back up and running. The site received some maintenance and upgrades, it looks neater and we hope it makes the application process simpler and clearer.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

A

ayachorfi

hi i dont know if this forum is still open so im tunisian living all my life in england i have a friend from tunis wanting to spend 2 weeks over here with me im not sure what papers i need to send over so they can come can someone please tell me what i need to do in order for them to come

DARK ANGEL

hi i dont know if this forum is still open so im tunisian living all my life in england i have a friend from tunis wanting to spend 2 weeks over here with me im not sure what papers i need to send over so they can come can someone please tell me what i need to do in order for them to come
Hi aya ; weclome to tunisia.com , i think ur friend need a visitor visa ! check here for more informations https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/overview

Essem

Staff member
Probably better if you go to Tunisia, Ayachorfi. VV's difficult to obtain.

DARK ANGEL

Probably better if you go to Tunisia, Ayachorfi. VV's difficult to obtain.
I agree Essem , i noticed her age 20 years , so i don't think she can sponsor her friend add maybe he don't have prove of his intent to return to Tunisia

S.Mac

In this thread if anyone has any visa related questions or needs advice please post.

Also if you had visa difficulties and managed to get over them please contribute here as I had it a bit too easy.

Also if unfortunately you couldn't get a visa for your loved one I would appreciate if you would share the reasons so that people can prepare for what can be even more stressful than the wedding.

Also here are some quick useful links.

[link=[URL]http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1017170890115]British[/URL] Embassy Tunis Visa Section[/link]

[link=[URL]http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/VAF1%20-%20FEB%202006_revised3,1.pdf]The[/URL] form you need to get your loved one to the UK for holiday/visit[/link]

[link=[URL]http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/vaf2_nov_2005.pdf]The[/URL] one you need after marriage for 2 years stay in the UK[/link]

You may also want to type an invitation letter along the following lines (please remember to personalise!).

---------------------------------

Entry Clearance Officer
Visa section, British Consulate
Tunis
Tunisia

Dear Sir / Madam

I am providing this letter in support of the application for a UK visa for Mr/Miss X, a Tunisian national passport number 1235465, to come to the UK in January 2006 for no longer 2 Weeks.

I am a UK national, in full employment as a (insert job) and own/rent my own home in (insert town).

I have known (loved ones name) for 2 years and have visited him/her in (town name), Tunisia X times in this period and have extended the offer for him/her to visit me in the UK for a short holiday.

(Name) will stay at my home and I will also be happy to provide any accommodation, financial support or otherwise necessary during his/her stay though my guest is financially self sufficient.

I have provided a budget of £xxx per week and a contingency of £xxx should their be any issues.

I trust that this letter, along with the attached documents provided is sufficient to successfully support his/her application for a UK visa, though if you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me on my mobile phone +44 (xx) xxxxxxxx.

Sincerly Yours

Ivana Tunisian

-----------------------

Always think of how this application will look to the folks in the visa section remember to make sure that you have the following.

3 Months Bank Statements
3 months Pay slips
Letter from you boss/hr department stating your salary and your employment duration
Details on you accommondation (lease agreement/mortgage statement)
A colour copy of your passport and the bit with the Tunisian stamps.
Any hotel reciepts info about your visits.

Remember this is a guide based on experience, nothing compares to speaking with the Embassy and giving them the exact information that they need. Remember if they say no many of the reasons are valid ask yourself would you let in the 21 year old Tunisian girl/boy with no qualification or money with his 40 year old husband/wife who he met once when she was on holiday who again has no money either! (an extreme example) This may sound horrible but the guys there have an important job so when you put your application together put yourself in their shoes and also make sure that you vist back and forth before taking the plunge into marriage!

Regards,

Kris

In this thread if anyone has any visa related questions or needs advice please post.

Also if you had visa difficulties and managed to get over them please contribute here as I had it a bit too easy.

Also if unfortunately you couldn't get a visa for your loved one I would appreciate if you would share the reasons so that people can prepare for what can be even more stressful than the wedding.

[link=[URL]http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1017170890115]British[/URL] Embassy Tunis Visa Section[/link]

[link=[URL]http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/VAF1%20-%20FEB%202006_revised3,1.pdf]The[/URL] form you need to get your loved one to the UK for holiday/visit[/link]

[link=[URL]http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/vaf2_nov_2005.pdf]The[/URL] one you need after marriage for 2 years stay in the UK[/link]

You may also want to type an invitation letter along the following lines (please remember to personalise!).

Entry Clearance Officer
Tunis
Tunisia

Dear Sir / Madam

I am providing this letter in support of the application for a UK visa for Mr/Miss X, a Tunisian national passport number 1235465, to come to the UK in January 2006 for no longer 2 Weeks.

I am a UK national, in full employment as a (insert job) and own/rent my own home in (insert town).

I have known (loved ones name) for 2 years and have visited him/her in (town name), Tunisia X times in this period and have extended the offer for him/her to visit me in the UK for a short holiday.

(Name) will stay at my home and I will also be happy to provide any accommodation, financial support or otherwise necessary during his/her stay though my guest is financially self sufficient.

I have provided a budget of £xxx per week and a contingency of £xxx should their be any issues.

I trust that this letter, along with the attached documents provided is sufficient to successfully support his/her application for a UK visa, though if you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me on my mobile phone +44 (xx) xxxxxxxx.

Sincerly Yours

Ivana Tunisian

-----------------------

Always think of how this application will look to the folks in the visa section remember to make sure that you have the following.

3 Months Bank Statements
3 months Pay slips
Letter from you boss/hr department stating your salary and your employment duration

Remember this is a guide based on experience, nothing compares to speaking with the Embassy and giving them the exact information that they need. Remember if they say no many of the reasons are valid ask yourself would you let in the 21 year old Tunisian girl/boy with no qualification or money with his 40 year old husband/wife who he met once when she was on holiday who again has no money either! (an extreme example) This may sound horrible but the guys there have an important job so when you put your application together put yourself in their shoes and also make sure that you vist back and forth before taking the plunge into marriage!

Regards,

Kris
I will contact elaine and see if she can contact mel for you najoua...

S.Mac

Hi everyone,
I'm a British citizen residing in the UK. My question is how can I get my Tunisian mother, who is not very fit or knowledgeable, to come with me to the UK? Is there anyway that I could apply on her behalf, possibly from the UK as I have children and it's almost impossible for me to stay there for more than two weeks?
And before you suggest it, no she has no one to help her with this.

I would appreciate you comments

Entry Clearance Officer
Tunis
Tunisia

Dear Sir / Madam

Sincerly Yours

Ivana Tunisian

-----------------------

3 Months Bank Statements
3 months Pay slips

Regards,

Kris

jed

hello please anyone can help me ...i been married for month now and i know my wife for more then 6 years and she come on here 3 time per year and i meet all the family and the kids here ....i dont have idea how much i do the application of the test language and how much cost the visa please

feefad

Hi everyone,
I'm a British citizen residing in the UK. My question is how can I get my Tunisian mother, who is not very fit or knowledgeable, to come with me to the UK? Is there anyway that I could apply on her behalf, possibly from the UK as I have children and it's almost impossible for me to stay there for more than two weeks?
And before you suggest it, no she has no one to help her with this.

I would appreciate you comments
Is it a visit or to stay? For just a visit for my in laws we filled out all of the application at this end and then got them to print it to submit with the relevant paperwork. Pretty hardwork though as they are not at all computer literate and step by step instructions on things was still painful.