Getting Tunisians to UK - The Visa Thread

salim

thnx Salim but i dnt understand the juridque English vocabulary :eek:
i try to find something in french Najoua: l'Espace économique européen (EEE) est composé des Etats membres de l'Union européenne et l'Espace européen de libre-échange. Les citoyens des pays de l'EEE peuvent circuler librement entre les Etats membres et de vivre où ils le souhaitent. Ressortissants de l'EEE ont le droit de prendre un emploi, chercher un emploi, ou créer une entreprise dans un pays de l'EEE.

Au moment où les États membres de l'EEE sont les suivants: Autriche, Belgique, Bulgarie, Chypre, République tchèque, Danemark, Estonie, Finlande, France, Allemagne, Grèce, Hongrie, Irlande, Italie, Lettonie, Lituanie, Luxembourg, Malte, Pays-Bas, Pologne, Portugal, Roumanie, Slovaquie, Slovénie, Espagne, Suède, Royaume-Ki

Essem

Staff member
hi everyone.im polish girl and leave already in UK 5yrs,and im with Tunisian men,ones a month im fliying to Tunis to see him,since 7months and now i want him to come to England for holiday or maybe even longer till we gone get married.but i havent got clue what i can do for him and were i have to go and ask,to polish ambasy.im desperate and i start look for any help.please help me if u know something..:)
Welcome to the forum Christina1212.

Rainbowchild

Don't worry Najoua, it doesn't apply to your situation.

the short version is - an EU citizen exercising their Treaty Rights of Free movement (ie your husband) has the right to move, live and work in any EU country, he also has the right to have his spouse with him, no matter what their nationality is.
So if your hubby wants to move to France, Germany, Italy etc he can go there under free movement and you get an EEA (European Economic Area) permit which is free of charge and you only need marriage cert and passports to get this, no min income level of £18600 and no other paperwork is needed.

So the Polish lady Christina can get married and have her hubby come to the UK free of charge even if she is unemployed.
EU rights take precedence over the rights of a UK citizen!!

Janebenmohamed please take a deep breath!!! and dont shoot the messenger ;)

Jane BM

the short version is - an EU citizen exercising their Treaty Rights of Free movement (ie your husband) has the right to move, live and work in any EU country, he also has the right to have his spouse with him, no matter what their nationality is.
So if your hubby wants to move to France, Germany, Italy etc he can go there under free movement and you get an EEA (European Economic Area) permit which is free of charge and you only need marriage cert and passports to get this, no min income level of £18600 and no other paperwork is needed.

So the Polish lady Christina can get married and have her hubby come to the UK free of charge even if she is unemployed.

Inhaling and exhaling slowly!!!:confused:

salim

plz Rainbowchild i need information about EEA FAMILY PERMIT ! my friend got married with a spanich woman and they want to apply for IRL they got the visa novmeber 2008 when they can aplly for IRL in the uk !

Rainbowchild

plz Rainbowchild i need information about EEA FAMILY PERMIT ! my friend got married with a spanich woman and they want to apply for IRL they got the visa novmeber 2008 when they can aplly for IRL in the uk !
Slow down Salim ;) Is your friend Tunisian? Where do they live? Did he get a settlement visa to the UK or Spain? When did he move, was it Nov 2008? and its ILR Indefinate Leave to Remain (leave is another word for permission)

Tunisian Flower

hmmmm so if that's the case why dnt all these people who fail on getting visa do this instead of wasting their time and money.if it is that easy i bet everbody would have done the above :confused:

well i do know u but am not so goo in abreviations :rolleyes:

Jane BM

hmmmm so if that's the case why dnt all these people who fail on getting visa do this instead of wasting their time and money.if it is that easy i bet everbody would have done the above :confused:

Because ideally Najoua most people would rather stay in the UK then go abroad to one of the other EU countries, ...we have a wonderful benefit system in the UK that a lot of Europe is quite envious of....so we do get our fair share of EU migrants coming here:confused:. However it is a route that some people have had to take if their spouses have been refused visas to the UK.

lynn

Because ideally Najoua most people would rather stay in the UK then go abroad to one of the other EU countries, ...we have a wonderful benefit system in the UK that a lot of Europe is quite envious of....so we do get our fair share of EU migrants coming here:confused:. However it is a route that some people have had to take if their spouses have been refused visas to the UK.
And who has the money to live in lets say France...not me for sure

Rainbowchild

It is a straightforward free option, but not everyone is willing to move to a country where they have no family, no language skills, no support or work prospects. Plus a lot of people have children or other family commitments. Would your husband leave his job/home/friends tomorrow and move to France just to save money on a visa for you?

Unfortunately under the new rules it will be one of only two options available for the low waged, the other option is being apart permanently.

gem15

Plus the added cost of moving EVERYTHING to another country and having to find a job in a langauge most dont speak!

I know of 2 people that have gone down this route and its not easy!

Tunisian Flower

Its doesnt matter for you as your husband is in the UK and your planning on moving to the UK not another European country.
yes i know,im not planning to do any of this.just been wondering that's the first time i have heard of that :confused:

salim

Slow down Salim ;) Is your friend Tunisian? Where do they live? Did he get a settlement visa to the UK or Spain? When did he move, was it Nov 2008? and its ILR Indefinate Leave to Remain (leave is another word for permission)
my friend is tunisian man his wife spanich ! they live in the uk ! my friend Aymen stelle in the uk with spouse visa EEA family permit ( married)! he move in november 2008 as i remember ( i am not sure) ! yes IRL= indefinate leave to remain

Tunisian Flower

It is a straightforward free option, but not everyone is willing to move to a country where they have no family, no language skills, no support or work prospects. Plus a lot of people have children or other family commitments. Would your husband leave his job/home/friends tomorrow and move to France just to save money on a visa for you?

Unfortunately under the new rules it will be one of only two options available for the low waged, the other option is being apart permanently.
again am not talking abt myself :eek: my questions always causes me misunderstandings,i just love to gain knowldge as i study abt juridical things and never heard of that :rolleyes:

salim

again am not talking abt myself :eek: my questions always causes me misunderstandings,i just love to gain knowldge as i study abt juridical things and never heard of that :rolleyes:
you will get soon your graduation Najwa ? you never heard about common law ?

Rainbowchild

my friend is tunisian man his wife spanich ! they live in the uk ! my friend Aymen stelle in the uk with spouse visa EEA family permit ( married)! he move in november 2008 as i remember ( i am not sure) ! yes IRL= indefinate leave to remain
OK I will PM you when I have some info for you.
I am not a professional immigration advisor so you should always double check info that you get on a public forum, with another source, for all you know I could be a crazy lady :eek: just joking lol

salim

OK I will PM you when I have some info for you.
I am not a professional immigration advisor so you should always double check info that you get on a public forum, with another source, for all you know I could be a crazy lady :eek: just joking lol
hahaha thnak coz Aymen is here with me so he ask me to collect some informations ! but anyway thank you Rain

Tunisian Flower

you will get soon your graduation Najwa ? you never heard about common law ?
am not specialized on that,we just study few things abt it''Laws concerning Immigration''and we have had lessons abt ''human right'' that's why i wondered why i never heard of that!all know that u have to get a visa to move for anyone on EU,but there is exceptions concerning human rights