Hammamet Hotels

georgia l

Hi,
Im going back in a few weeks and could pass on your details or a message for you,
I have been a few times to the phenicia hotel! so is Mido the same Mido that has been there for years? I was under the impression that all the animation team had totally changed!!!
hey n13965 when you going back? ill be going bk soon aswell. its such a great hotel.

N

n13965

hey n13965 when you going back? ill be going bk soon aswell. its such a great hotel.
Hi Georgia,

Im going back on the 30th august. Looking forward to it!! when you off?? I just go to relaxe, dont know any of the current animation team (well maybe mido if its the same one who has always been there) but im sure it will be good!!!!
Is the hotel being taken over by someone else, cos i noticed on a few travel websites that as of winter this year its changing name to hotel phenicia.

georgia l

hi n13965 i was meant to go bk at the start of sept, but change of plans. im now booked for the 14th oct. i havent heard that the hotel is changing, hope everything is the same thou cos i love it. i no mido from last year, hes so funny. i hope you have a great holiday!!!!

wee maz

hi n13965 i was meant to go bk at the start of sept, but change of plans. im now booked for the 14th oct. i havent heard that the hotel is changing, hope everything is the same thou cos i love it. i no mido from last year, hes so funny. i hope you have a great holiday!!!!
i shall see you ther georgia L whoop whoop! nearly at the 5 week mark! not be long flyin in! x x x x

Yasmine

So, has anyone been there, met anyone or even keeps going back? What are your thoughts?
I was there in August, and I really had a wonderful vacation. There were some misunderstandings with some of the staff, but I didn't bother too much about that, as the majority was nice. The location is great - near the beach, bars, medina, ... :)
I might go back there soon, I really miss everything!

Yasmine

Nobody?? :confused:

pbf

Hi was in Yasmine Hammamet in february this year but didn't stay in The El Mouradi I stayed in The Yasmine Beach Hotel which was across the road from it although I did visit the El Mouradi for a look. I have since been back in Yasmine Hammamet 3 times this year. I go on holiday abroad regularly but this is one of the best holidays I have had. It is different from other places. The people are very friendly and very keen to show your their country and culture. I visited PEK and sousse while I was there. Am going to Sousse on the 4th of november for 2 weeks so I hope its as good as yasmine Hammamet

pbf

I stayed in The Flora Park Hotel and The Bellisaire Hotel which is not to be confused with the Bel Aire Hotel in Hammamet.Both hotels were very nice and staff couldn't do enough for you . Both are within walking distance to the beach and the medina

MellieC

geez I'm homesick NOW!!!!

have visited the hotel for a drink, but never stayed there sorry, been in most of thehotels for a nose around, and trot off home to my flat and love it more lol

the flora park is nice my Sis in Law stayed there!

you cna't confuse the bellisaire and the Bel Aire in hammamet ROTFL, hubby and I go there sometimes to the cheers bar, or to shakespears!

sianperkins89

hi, i may be staying there in january, but its like 260 quid for 2 people all inclusive 1 week. it doesnt sound like much, but it is considering i pay like 150 for other hotels for 4-8 days. but i think its a nice hotel isnt it? its better to stay in a nice hotel in winter as u cant really go out all day to the beach or something and use it just as a place to sleep as u do in summer.

fay

I hope this is a nice hotel- I've just this minute booked for me and my husband!! got a good deal on travelrepublic.
I agree sianperkins- a nice hotel in winter is better with amenities in and around the hotel

Yasmine

sianperkins89, I really like it there, but I was in August, so I don't know how it is during winter. I hope there will be some kind of entertainment, as I'm going at the end of December.

I just found out today, however, that the resort has divided back into 2 hotels again (El Menzah / Hammamet). I don't know what will happen with my reservation!? :confused:

fay, when are you going?

sianperkins89

I hope this is a nice hotel- I've just this minute booked for me and my husband!! got a good deal on travelrepublic.
I agree sianperkins- a nice hotel in winter is better with amenities in and around the hotel
hello, what deal did you get?
was it cheaper than 260 all inclusive 1 week 2 people in january? if so then please tell me :D
hotels are looking suprisingly expensive in january on travelrepublic at the moment. i would have thought that it would be cheaper coz its out of season but then again i guess theres less guests so they gotta make money somehow.
i guess i will be staying here unless i find any other cheap all inclusive in yasmine hammamet in january, i doubt it though lol

sianperkins89

oh i just found the same package on lowcostholidays.com in mouradi for 234 instead of 260 on travelrepublic.

Yasmine

I honestly don't understand what's the deal with these people - didn't they notify the agencies about the hotel dividing, as the agencies keep selling packages for the Resort and not individual hotels?

sianperkins89

oh, if its divided into 2 hotels, what does that mean?! you mean there are two separate places or its all in one building but called 2 separate hotels :confused: i wont book it if its gonna mean we pay for it and the one we pay for gets shut down or something.
whats that all about, 2 hotels?! hmm
anyway they do that dont they when i was in houda hotel last month it was houda golf and beach resort hotels, which i think meant u could get into another one of their hotels in sousse or something. yes why not just sell packages for single hotels!

Yasmine

It used to be two different el Mouradi hotels (El Mouradi El Menzah, El Mouradi Hammamet), but then (I think this year) they joined them, so it was one hotel of two joined buildings. Now they have made it the way it used to be - 2 hotels.
I don't know what does this mean for our reservations - I paid for Resort, not for Menzah or Hammamet, and now I don't know what I'm getting for my money. They might just decide for themselves in which hotel they will put someone, or perhaps one can make a request which hotel he would like to stay in. Or maybe they'll cancel the reservation as a whole, or return some part of the money, as the offer is not really the same as you pay if you book resort. In addition, Hammamet 5* is more expensive than El Menzah 4*, so I really have no idea what's gonna happen now!

sianperkins89

oh no :(
who did you book it with, you should call them to check.

Yasmine

I booked with lowcostbeds.com through Travel Republic. The part of the site where you can manage your booking and inform them about any problems is not working at the moment, but of course I'll keep trying and I hope to sort this out as soon as possible.

fay

Yasmine/sianperkins
I booked today for el mouradi resort, going in november and got it £190 AI! mmm am confused by what hotel I may end up in- may have to check that out!