Hammamet Hotels

FoxyRoxie89

So agree, were all guilty of accepting the good and only moaning about the bad bits LOL
yeah well I have booked hols before and then went on TP, and read some awful reviews but got to the hotel and all has been fine, ok not luxury, but did I pay for luxury... erm NO!!x

Lizj

Hi, going on 28th (7 weeks and 1 day, who's counting??).
He's living and working in Tunis so not too far away so hopefully may get to see him a few times, better than nothing, had a flight booked for Dec and he landed this really good job after not working for ages and is on a probationary period so I didn't go!! Hence going with my friend this time for a break and seeing him will just have to be an added bonus till he's finished and can have some time off, so expensive to stay in Tunis. x

FoxyRoxie89

He's living and working in Tunis so not too far away so hopefully may get to see him a few times, better than nothing, had a flight booked for Dec and he landed this really good job after not working for ages and is on a probationary period so I didn't go!! Hence going with my friend this time for a break and seeing him will just have to be an added bonus till he's finished and can have some time off, so expensive to stay in Tunis. x
Is he educated then? what is his job? I am nosy you dont have to reply lol x

Lizj

Hi, not nosy, inquisitive I call it, at least thats the excuse I use,LOL, he went to college and has a diploma not that he's done much with it up to now, he was working in his uncles gift shop when I met him 5 yrs ago, so I don't love him for his brains, Ha ha. His new job is for a shipping company, exports and imports, hoping this will help next time we apply for a visitors visa, think he finally decided he had to grow up!!!!!!!!!! (as if men ever do!).

My turn to be 'inquisitive', whats your story?

FoxyRoxie89

Hi, not nosy, inquisitive I call it, at least thats the excuse I use,LOL, he went to college and has a diploma not that he's done much with it up to now, he was working in his uncles gift shop when I met him 5 yrs ago, so I don't love him for his brains, Ha ha. His new job is for a shipping company, exports and imports, hoping this will help next time we apply for a visitors visa, think he finally decided he had to grow up!!!!!!!!!! (as if men ever do!).

My turn to be 'inquisitive', whats your story?
Aw bless him so you have been together a good while?!

At least with the kind of job he has its less likely for him to be wanting you for money or visa, like we all worry about.

I havent been with mine very long at all, but I am engaged to him.. there is alot to tell but I am quite open and as you read the threads you will see my story, from my inputs :)
Though if there are any specific questions you want to ask I will answer, to be honest I just cba writing a whole story LOL x

Lizj

Hi again, lost my internet due to weather.
Not been on here for ages but I'm sure I'll soon catch up with the goings on. LOL

Jenny

Hi
Has anyone got any info on this hotel? Just booked a really good deal for Feb but have seen some mixed reviews. Been to Sousse loads of times but not stayed in Hammamet before so this is an unknown quantity.
Hi Liz,
I've never stayed at the hotel but we used to rent an appartment close to this hotel so I'm familiar to the area. It's situated right at the beach. It's a very calm area with a few restaurants and cafés but not many. It's sort of placed in the middle between the center of Hammamet and Yasemin Hammamet and it will only take you 10 min by taxi to get to either place.

Jenny

Why don't you go to Tunis instead? If you rent an appartment it won't be that expensive. It's much more interesting places to see in Tunis than in Hammamet.

Lizj

Hi Jenny
Thanks, the area sounds just what I'm looking for to chill out and couldn't find any reasonably priced apartments in Tunis but if he's working then I'd rather just be by the coast and relax with a good book and a bit of retail therapy, also his new boss wants him to go to work from one of the branches in Libya and knowing my luck it'll be when I've booked LOL as been asking him to go since Christmas, hence going with my friend. x

ROULLA

Hi Jenny
Thanks, the area sounds just what I'm looking for to chill out and couldn't find any reasonably priced apartments in Tunis but if he's working then I'd rather just be by the coast and relax with a good book and a bit of retail therapy, also his new boss wants him to go to work from one of the branches in Libya and knowing my luck it'll be when I've booked LOL as been asking him to go since Christmas, hence going with my friend. x
Hiya hope that you are in good health! Sorry i am abit confused, did you say that you have been asking your partner if you can go to Tunisia and he keeps putting it off, is that what you are saying..????

Lizj

Hi Roulla,
I can see why you got this impression!!! LOL But it was me that cancelled in December as I was going for 2 weeks and to Sousse while hes in Tunis and I was going on my own so would have been tearing my hair out after a week, not to mention that he would have been worrying about me and I didn't want him to risk his job by coming to Sousse and missing work, its too much of a good thing as the only thing we were refused visitors visa on was his lack of employment to prove his intention to return. He is desparate not to go to Libya or anywhere else but won't really have much of a choice at this early stage, hes told his boss the dates I'm going so fingers crossed!
Thankfully in 5 years hes never given me any reason to doubt him, upto now hes one of the good ones.

ROULLA

Hi Roulla,
I can see why you got this impression!!! LOL But it was me that cancelled in December as I was going for 2 weeks and to Sousse while hes in Tunis and I was going on my own so would have been tearing my hair out after a week, not to mention that he would have been worrying about me and I didn't want him to risk his job by coming to Sousse and missing work, its too much of a good thing as the only thing we were refused visitors visa on was his lack of employment to prove his intention to return. He is desparate not to go to Libya or anywhere else but won't really have much of a choice at this early stage, hes told his boss the dates I'm going so fingers crossed!
Thankfully in 5 years hes never given me any reason to doubt him, upto now hes one of the good ones.
Good i am glad to hear that..:)

littlemissnutty

hey

thought you guys might like to know that my friend called up el mouradi hammamet resort today to see if it would be ok for her to book one room for her and her boyf and el mouradi said she couldnt book just one room, she had to book 2 single rooms because it was against the law for non-married couples to stay together....

has anyone else had this problem there??

thanks!

xx

velja

C'mon I can't believe that!

sianperkins89

perhaps she should get her boyfriend to call up instead. i always make my boyfriend call up hotels to check and they always say its fine for unmarried couples and make him seem like a moron for even asking.

sweetiedarling

I'm sure some people on here have stayed there with their tunisian boyfriends with no problem.

Rainbowchild

C'mon I can't believe that!
It is the law, although many people have different experiences in hotels they can refuse you a double room if you can't produce a marriage certificate. There is no problem if you book two rooms

littlemissnutty

thanks guys! i told her and her boyfriend got the same response?!

im sure ive read posts where people havent had problems? its going to cost her like £70 more to book the seperate rooms, which she doesnt want to spend obviously.

ive got her literally crying on the phone to me saying what am i going to do...and i cant help her...

all this planning to go for her is ironically working out ok for me....helping me through in a weird way...hey whatever works eh!?

ive started another thread asking if someone doesnt mind calling yasmine beach hotel (0021672249500) and see if they can translate the arabic / french thats being spoken but other than that....i dont know what to say!!

eurgh eurgh eurgh!

pbf

When is she going? Does it need to be the El Mouradi that she stays in.

sianperkins89

if i have stayed there with my boyfriend why can't she? did you get the boyfriend to phone up too? do that!!! at least then you have exhausted all your options. other than get her to phone up again and maybe speak to another member or staff.