Hammamet Hotels

littlemissnutty

hey guys

welllll - she had her heart set on el mouradi, but they said no. her boyf called up, and they said no to him too. even i called up and got a no!!!

apparantly theres a new reservation manager and hes not having any of it! its against the law and he will not be moved.

BUT - with the help of everyone, i think shes going to book yasmine beach now - i spoke to the manager and he said as long as it was booked, anyone could stay!

ive stayed at the el mouradi with my ex - just in jan....and we were ok so i dont know why there are so many problems now.....

BUT - its ok because sian/sweetiedarling have said that yasmine beach is ok so its ok - AND she'll save about £100 so even if the food etc is rubbish, she'll have money to eat out!!!

ive been a woman on a mission today....mission accomplished....now im back to being [light] blue (less dark than ive been for a while)....

anyone need me to research anything for them!??!?!

suppose i could always work! lol.x

sianperkins89

yasmine beach is actually a fantastic hotel it's the best one i ever stayed at in tunisia. the best view of the beach and the sea. fair enough it's the law but how many hotels allow their staff to sleep with the guests let alone just a random tunisian man who is paying and staying as a normal guest... they need to sort it out - is it ok or not!

littlemissnutty

yasmine beach is actually a fantastic hotel it's the best one i ever stayed at in tunisia. the best view of the beach and the sea. fair enough it's the law but how many hotels allow their staff to sleep with the guests let alone just a random tunisian man who is paying and staying as a normal guest... they need to sort it out - is it ok or not!
YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

Why are there so many double standards???

And also why is it so difficult to have one rule - some HAVE stayed at the el mouradi with no problems, and some havent.....if there was one rule for all it'd be different!

but nooooo.......that'd be too easy wouldnt it?!?!

sweetiedarling

Yes Yasmine Beach is great and the food is nice too. The staff are really helpful too, there was a problem with the phone in our room and someone came to fix it within 5 minutes.

Your friend won't be disappointed if she stays there xx

velja

Maybe it's because I go thru the travel agency not booking myself and the rules for "mass tourism" are a bit loose ;(

pbf

Yasmine Beach was the first hotel I stayed in when I went to Tunisia . That is where I met my BF. I have since been back to Tunisia 5 times since then but can't stay at this hotel because he works there. We have had no probs booking into other hotels as long as I make the booking here in the UK and his name is on the booking reservation.

FoxyRoxie89

I might just have a look in this hotel next time I am there if I get there haha

hello

who knows/have been in the hotel Salambo Club Hammamet? any comments about it?

Essem

Staff member
Hi TOS

Sorry I'm not familiar with that one but I'm sure some of the others will be.

sarahbelle

Does anyone know of any cheep but nice hotels in Hammermet for 2 or 3 nights

Fola

Emira Hotel is very cheap, the rooms are clean and nice enough, but it is more in 'downtown' Hammamet as i like to call it lool.

Hope that helps!
x

sarahbelle

Emira Hotel is very cheap, the rooms are clean and nice enough, but it is more in 'downtown' Hammamet as i like to call it lool.

Hope that helps!
x
thankyou i will take a look at it

MellieC

"downtown" ?? is that as opposed to hammamet south or north?

the Emira is a couple of hundred yards from me.

try "lowcostbeds" if you book from the UK, you get some really good ~ really SILLY LOW prices!!

depending on where you want to be ~ by the beach ~ by the shops ~ out of town depends on which hotels are better for you

Soltef

"downtown" ?? is that as opposed to hammamet south or north?

the Emira is a couple of hundred yards from me.

try "lowcostbeds" if you book from the UK, you get some really good ~ really SILLY LOW prices!!

depending on where you want to be ~ by the beach ~ by the shops ~ out of town depends on which hotels are better for you
Emira is OK/basic and you need a car to take u to town/the beach!Lowcostbeds are not so low cost,lol!

MellieC

last time i looked on low cost the hamilton was 3 quid in winter 10 in spring and thats cheaper than it is if you are here lol not that i recommend the hamilton lol

Soltef

last time i looked on low cost the hamilton was 3 quid in winter 10 in spring and thats cheaper than it is if you are here lol not that i recommend the hamilton lol
Try looking now for this summer..prices are high despite the recession!

munki

Hi Guys,

Another question - sorry!!

I am going over to hammamet in feb, flight is booked, but as yet i havent booked hotel.

Is it ok for M to stay with me in hotel? I wasnt concerned about this and was just going to book for the 2 of us, but he then asked the question was it ok to do this as we are not married.. i just assumed it would be, but now i aint so sure.... Does anyone know if this is ok?

Also, if it is ok, can anyone recommend any hotels in the hammamet area?

Thanks in advance :)

FoxyRoxie89

Erm it is against the law but some hotels allow it..

I think there is already a thread about it, so you could search in the search option.

I think Emira and African Queen is ok, Emira is cheap but basic, and African Queen still not expensive but more expensive and nicer :D

munki

Erm it is against the law but some hotels allow it..

I think there is already a thread about it, so you could search in the search option.

I think Emira and African Queen is ok, Emira is cheap but basic, and African Queen still not expensive but more expensive and nicer :D
Ahh i spoke with the hotel i normally stay in and they say its ok, and ive spoke with a friend who works there who also says its ok - but its pretty expensive :(

Yeah i thought i had seen a thread but couldnt find it just now??..

Thanks Roxy