Harissa

Sana

Tunisian cuisine revolves around Harissa , a fire-red chilli concoction made from crushed dried red peppers , garlic , salt and caraway seeds . tunisians associate its heat with passion , and an old tale says that a man can judge his wife's love by the amount of spice in his food lol :D
Harissa is used in most of tunisian dishes , it gives a spicy and special taste to food :) ;)

Mezoo

VIP Member
even paste it on your breakfast cereal, love it ! ! ! :D :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Sousseannika

I looove the spicy one, belive it or not - with popcorn!

Mezoo

VIP Member
pizza !!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the Great Beauties of Cap Bon !!

lynsey:o)

Hi,

I havent been on the forun long, so just want to say HELLO to everyone :)

My fiancee eats Harissa all the time - he LOVES it and i would love to make it for him, does anyone know how to make it :)

Thanks

J

johnandclare

Hi all, first post and it had to on Harissa.
We got hooked a few years ago
but only on the Harissa Arbi (complete with seeds) and could only find it in PEK and sometimes Skanes. We use in nearly everything, sauces, stewsetc my favourite sandwich is Primula cheese, ham and Harissa - fantastic. Everytime we go we bring some back and we have 6 large jars in the cupboard at the moment.

feefad

but only on the Harissa Arbi (complete with seeds) and could only find it in PEK and sometimes Skanes. We use in nearly everything, sauces, stewsetc my favourite sandwich is Primula cheese, ham and Harissa - fantastic. Everytime we go we bring some back and we have 6 large jars in the cupboard at the moment.
harissa arbi is not that difficult to make. I've made it a few times for my hubby. Although the last time I could only get small dried chillis which were far too hot! I'll try dig out my recipe and get you it when im at home.

Hi Feefad

thank you very much :)

SilverMoonlight

Welcome to the forum Johnandclare!!!

Hbrown1

Banned
Tunisian cuisine revolves around Harissa , a fire-red chilli concoction made from crushed dried red peppers , garlic , salt and caraway seeds . tunisians associate its heat with passion , and an old tale says that a man can judge his wife's love by the amount of spice in his food lol :D
Harissa is used in most of tunisian dishes , it gives a spicy and special taste to food :) ;)
My hubby eats this all the time, Ive started to stock up lol

Helen x x

Mezoo

VIP Member
boil up a pot of chicken and potatoes and dump spoonfuls of Harissa 'til taste :) :) :) :)!

Hbrown1

Banned
I find it to hot, it makes my eye's water lol.

Sofiane... he has it with everything, I think I need to start buying in bulk....

Helen xx

Mezoo

VIP Member
I find it to hot, it makes my eye's water lol.

Sofiane... he has it with everything, I think I need to start buying in bulk....

Helen xx
i know a guy 'oull sell ya a 20' container full ! :D

Hbrown1

Banned
Deal lol what's delivery date

Hi

I made Harrissa for the first time last week and even though its only from dried chilli's and spices i couldnt believe how easy it was as im not thew best cook in the world lol.

Harrissa is too hot for me so i got my friend to try and she loved it - must have done something right lol

My fiancee loves Harrissa - cant get enough of it, i told him i made it last week and he was soooooo happy, i just cant waitr to go back to Tunisia and make it for him - really hot though :)

Hbrown1

Banned
Hi

I made Harrissa for the first time last week and even though its only from dried chilli's and spices i couldnt believe how easy it was as im not thew best cook in the world lol.

Harrissa is too hot for me so i got my friend to try and she loved it - must have done something right lol

My fiancee loves Harrissa - cant get enough of it, i told him i made it last week and he was soooooo happy, i just cant waitr to go back to Tunisia and make it for him - really hot though :)
Hi lynsey,

Could you please send me details of how you made this please, step by step.

I'm not a very good cook lol.

Thanx
Helen x x

catwoman1

Does anyone know if you can buy Harissa up here in Scotland? He can't eat anything without it!!!!! x

Hbrown1

Banned
Does anyone know if you can buy Harissa up here in Scotland? He can't eat anything without it!!!!! x
Hi,

Yeah you can Tesoc's, they have it in little jars £1.45.

You can tell Ive been stocking up lol.

Take care
Helen xx

catwoman1

Thanks for that! Had visions of him opening up a suitcase full! He will be able to eat here after all!!!! Better get down to Tescos and get stocked up ha ha !!! xxx