Harissa

stephstanley

Really! There are lots of arab shops in Liverpool, and they all sell Harissa from Tunisia, I thought it must be the only country that tins it? Do you have any local arab shops; spices, pasta etc cost a fraction of supermarket prices there and you can buy most things Tunisian. I could post you some if you're desperate?
Hi Debbie, Whereabouts in Liverpool are the arab shops,I have been looking around to see if any near my home (St helens) but havent found any. Liverpool is really easy to get to so might take a look. Thanks

tracylouise

Ill ask mum Tracy, but my guessing it depends on how dry the peppers are
thank hun im nearly there mine looks as good as this one but want it to be more of a dark red colour as mine always seems to be light? wanting to know how to get the dark redness? cheers bm.xx:p

tracylouise

Ill ask mum Tracy, but my guessing it depends on how dry the peppers are
I buy mine at the market.
in england you cant buy it looking that good or taste as good as fresh home made! i need to make lots as we use it in all our cooking so would want to make it in large bulk, xx hubby buys me the biggest tub we can find but its always hard carrying back home!:rolleyes:

Tunisianbelle

Tunisianbelle could you please tell your website for tunisian cooking please
It's on my Multiply site. I haven't added to it (cooking part) in over a year because of being pregnant and then having a baby to contend to. But I will be adding some more in the coming weeks, insha'allah.

Janan

Banned
can harissa be made also from fresh green pepper?

thanks

mogharib

Banned
Hi
send me your adress and i will post some i got too many at home here

thanks

Janan

Banned
some recipes?

Janan

Banned
Thanks Mezoo, I asked because we have been eating outside and I was told it is with harissa and it was greenish. Today I searched on internet and found one lady making also from green chilli.

kaloui

OMG with tuna and some baguette!
I miss this too.... also we would add sometimes a little President cheese... YUMMY.

I make my own harissa since there are no places here to buy it... I do add some tomato paste... but it still has the deep red color like the homemade in the picture TB listed.

Janan

Banned
ye I have to try it at home too

kaloui

thank hun im nearly there mine looks as good as this one but want it to be more of a dark red colour as mine always seems to be light? wanting to know how to get the dark redness? cheers bm.xx:p
We have a large hispanic market here so it's easy to find dried peppers... I usually buy mine this way to make my harissa. I think this is why the color is darker. I use my magic bullet to grind them (even though i got a very nice wood pestal for my wedding).

lozz

can u tell me how to make harissa please...........xx
Hi hon just bring some home with you like I always do. If we meet up this week I will bring you some. Christine wants us all to meet up xxxx

maynardlynne

Hi hon just bring some home with you like I always do. If we meet up this week I will bring you some. Christine wants us all to meet up xxxx
can meet up thursday or friday if u want.......was just debating whether to go to galleries or town today...........xxxx

Janan

Banned
loosing colour when stored?