Has anyone had a successful visitor visa??

Njt11

Hi,
Have any members had a successful visitor visa and if so how did you do it??surely it's not completely impossible...I realise that the main issue is intent to return, so how did you get round that??
Is there a higher success rate with settlement visa (I meet all of the criteria)
Thanks

gem15

We did at Christmas 2012 but my husband has his own business and we both live here so he didn't need an invitation and had good intent to return.

It took 3 weeks exactly from start to finish.

Njt11

Ahh yeah different situation to me unfortunately...he has a small amount of savings that he will leave in his account so I suppose that is an intent to return??even if it's a small one xx

gem15

That wouldnt be intent as he could withdraw that money before leaving for the UK. A work contract, land or buildings in his name and believe it or not bank loans are a good candidate for return.

Njt11

Yeah I suppose there is no way of proving that he wouldn't. He has a contract and a job and his dad is going to give him land but not sure when that will be. Will mention bank loan to him..don't suppose it will be easy to get though?!xx

GoodOldDays

Hi Everyone :) i'm new here and im looking for information about the visitor Visa , im planning to bring my BF to England from Tunisia and i have searched in the forum but i lost ..we know all the documents that the UKBA requested but is any more to make the chance higher? he is having a cook diploma in a private school til Feb 2017 and they gonna write him that he is gonna be off n August ...we are together since Oct 2014 and I went to Tunisia so many times to visit him... so any advise please?? Thanks in advance xxx

Jasmine

Hi Everyone :) i'm new here and im looking for information about the visitor Visa , im planning to bring my BF to England from Tunisia and i have searched in the forum but i lost ..we know all the documents that the UKBA requested but is any more to make the chance higher? he is having a cook diploma in a private school til Feb 2017 and they gonna write him that he is gonna be off n August ...we are together since Oct 2014 and I went to Tunisia so many times to visit him... so any advise please?? Thanks in advance xxx
The strongest thing for the application would be his intent to return.
Are you saying you'd like him to visit whilst 'schools out' in August? A letter confirming his placement at school and that hes expected back for X date to continue his studies.
Best thing would be UKBA guidance and then come back with specific questions relating to these.
How will the trip be funded? By you? Him? Split? Has he financial means to support his trip? Where will he be staying? etc

Jane BM

Does he have any tangible assets in Tunisia? Savings? Bank account? Property in his name? These are all ways of proving his 'intent to return', which is the biggest stumbling block and more often than not the reason given for a refusal.

GoodOldDays

The strongest thing for the application would be his intent to return.
Are you saying you'd like him to visit whilst 'schools out' in August? A letter confirming his placement at school and that hes expected back for X date to continue his studies.
Best thing would be UKBA guidance and then come back with specific questions relating to these.
How will the trip be funded? By you? Him? Split? Has he financial means to support his trip? Where will he be staying? etc
Hi Jasmine thanks for ur reply xx Yes while "schools out" and the school are okay with the letter and all the details u mentioned above!! and im fully funding his trip and he doesn't have any financial and he is staying in my house ( how can i prove that btw? ) Thaks

Last edited:

GoodOldDays

Does he have any tangible assets in Tunisia? Savings? Bank account? Property in his name? These are all ways of proving his 'intent to return', which is the biggest stumbling block and more often than not the reason given for a refusal.
Hi Jane :) Thanks for your reply xx No he doesn't cause he is doing the Cooking school for his diploma ...but he is living with his mom so can he prove that he can't let her alone and she needs him and that he is taking care of her so he needs to go back? Does that work as a proof?? if yes how? Thank you

Last edited:

GoodOldDays

Also would it help to prove he will return if he has a receipt to show he has paid his school fees up until the end of his course date in Feb 2017 and a contract confirmation for an internship when he returns in Sept 2016?? Thanks in Advance

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
I have had no problems with visitors visas and done them for relatives and my wife before we were married.

The thing they all had in common was that they all had intent to return either family, work or study.

It may have been another story if they had not.

GoodOldDays

I have had no problems with visitors visas and done them for relatives and my wife before we were married.

The thing they all had in common was that they all had intent to return either family, work or study.

It may have been another story if they had not.
Thanks Kris :)

Jane BM

Also would it help to prove he will return if he has a receipt to show he has paid his school fees up until the end of his course date in Feb 2017 and a contract confirmation for an internship when he returns in Sept 2016?? Thanks in Advance
I wouldn't bother with him stating he needs to return to his mother...don't think they'd really consider that as enough proof...however yes things like you've stated here give him a chance for sure.

Don't hold your breath though, getting visitors visas for boyfriends/husbands doesn't happen anywhere near as much as for family members. X

Jasmine

This would be more weighty than just stating he needs to return to his mother. Get him to get as much info to back up his studies, when hes expected to return to study etc.

As far as how you show hes staying with you - I would write a letter inviting him over, that you have a X accommodation and its big enough for him to stay for a short holiday of X weeks. You are also going to be financially supporting his trip - so you have to show that you are financially able to, by bank statements etc.

Its been a while since I have looked at the visit visa requirements to be honest, they're difficult yes, but not always impossible.

GoodOldDays

Thanks everyone for your replies and im sorry for more questions but your answers been really helpful. Do you know what the effect of a declined visitor visa will have on a future spouse visa? as this is our plan for the future (next year).

Jasmine

Thanks everyone for your replies and im sorry for more questions but your answers been really helpful. Do you know what the effect of a declined visitor visa will have on a future spouse visa? as this is our plan for the future (next year).
Depends on the reasons for refusal.

If nothing major (like attempting to deceive) and there is no ban attached to the refusal then it shouldnt affect the spouse visa. But you will have to declare the refusal on the spouse application.

Jasmine

In my opinion, the main things you need to prove is that they are a genuine visitor, they will leave at the end of their stay and they can fund themselves (or be funded by a sponsor) for the duration of their stay. Think about it from the Home Offices perspective; they are worried about people entering the country legally, on a visitor visa, then ‘disappearing’ and not going home.

Mandatory forms
application form – fill on on-line then print out and sign
Proof of payment – print out e-mail confirmation
appointment booking – print out e-mail confirmation with details of time & address of meeting at the embassy Applicants passport
Applicant 2 x passport photo's
Form SU07/12 Sponsorship form – print out and filled in by the sponsor
Supporting sponsorship letter – official – letter addressed to ‘whom it may concern’ stating you (the sponsor) are happy for the applicant to stay with you for the visit
Invitation letter – to the applicant – Letter from sponsor to applicant (less formal) inviting them to stay with you

Genuine visitor – proof
Itinerary of plans for the stay
Tickets/details for events during stay (cricket match, birthday party invite, concert)
Return flight details
Letter from employer at home – stating applicant has annual leave granted and is fully expected to return to work - or in your case @GoodOldDays study confirmation.
6 months bank statements( not necessarily showing funding if the sponsor is paying for visit)

Funding – proof
If the sponsor (like in your case) all evidence is provided by the sponsor
6 months’ payslips
6 months bank statements
Land registry (proof of home ownership) or tenancy agreement
Council tax bill
Utility bill (water, gas, electricity)

GoodOldDays

Hi everyone, and thank you for your help x
Regarding the documents I have to prove my situation as a sponsor
They're not all in the same name since I have been married and am currently going through a divorce
Do you know if I would need to provide a copy of my marriage certificate to explain why some documents are in my married name and why some are in my maiden name?
Also do I need to provide proof of my divorce proceedings so they don't question any documents that have my ex husbands name on them (like council tax and land registry?)
The reason i am asking is because I don't want them making my ex part of the process for the invitation letter as he is no longer part of my life!

Jasmine

Hi everyone, and thank you for your help x
Regarding the documents I have to prove my situation as a sponsor
They're not all in the same name since I have been married and am currently going through a divorce
Do you know if I would need to provide a copy of my marriage certificate to explain why some documents are in my married name and why some are in my maiden name?
Also do I need to provide proof of my divorce proceedings so they don't question any documents that have my ex husbands name on them (like council tax and land registry?)
The reason i am asking is because I don't want them making my ex part of the process for the invitation letter as he is no longer part of my life!
I dont think the nature of your relationship with your ex has anything to do with a visitor visa. Its not that you are intending to marry your BF if he comes over for a visit (and I'd advise against even considering this option as its part of HIS visa conditions) so I dont even know why your "relationship status" even comes into it. I think you are over-thinking this