Has anyone had a successful visitor visa??

GoodOldDays

I dont think the nature of your relationship with your ex has anything to do with a visitor visa. Its not that you are intending to marry your BF if he comes over for a visit (and I'd advise against even considering this option as its part of HIS visa conditions) so I dont even know why your "relationship status" even comes into it. I think you are over-thinking this
Thank you x
But how to explain why some documents are in my married name and why some are in my maiden name?
i mean the required documents he will need to provide e.g bank statement , passport ,house contract...?

Jane BM

Thank you x
But how to explain why some documents are in my married name and why some are in my maiden name?
i mean the required documents he will need to provide e.g bank statement , passport ,house contract...?
Just a covering note saying how some things are still in your old name should be enough, just don't go into too much detail about your marital history.

GoodOldDays

Just a covering note saying how some things are still in your old name should be enough, just don't go into too much detail about your marital history.
Thanks a lot for your help :)

GoodOldDays

In my opinion, the main things you need to prove is that they are a genuine visitor, they will leave at the end of their stay and they can fund themselves (or be funded by a sponsor) for the duration of their stay. Think about it from the Home Offices perspective; they are worried about people entering the country legally, on a visitor visa, then ‘disappearing’ and not going home.

Mandatory forms
application form – fill on on-line then print out and sign
Proof of payment – print out e-mail confirmation
appointment booking – print out e-mail confirmation with details of time & address of meeting at the embassy Applicants passport
Applicant 2 x passport photo's
Form SU07/12 Sponsorship form – print out and filled in by the sponsor
Supporting sponsorship letter – official – letter addressed to ‘whom it may concern’ stating you (the sponsor) are happy for the applicant to stay with you for the visit
Invitation letter – to the applicant – Letter from sponsor to applicant (less formal) inviting them to stay with you

Genuine visitor – proof
Itinerary of plans for the stay
Tickets/details for events during stay (cricket match, birthday party invite, concert)
Return flight details
Letter from employer at home – stating applicant has annual leave granted and is fully expected to return to work - or in your case @GoodOldDays study confirmation.
6 months bank statements( not necessarily showing funding if the sponsor is paying for visit)

Funding – proof
If the sponsor (like in your case) all evidence is provided by the sponsor
6 months’ payslips
6 months bank statements
Land registry (proof of home ownership) or tenancy agreement
Council tax bill
Utility bill (water, gas, electricity)
Hi there :)
Do i need to send copies or original documents?

GoodOldDays

about the Form SU07/12 (SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING) do i need to write it and sign it and send it simply like the other documents?
also there is a part where it says (FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY
CERTIFICATE
I certify that this document, apart from this certificate, is an undertaking given in pursuance of the lmmigration Rules within the meaning of the lmmigration Act 1971 as amended by the lmmigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Signed by , being a person authorised to make this certificate on behalf of the Secretary of State.
) do i need to fill it?

GoodOldDays

+ i have done the official invitation letter (formal), do i need unofficial letter as well??

Jasmine

about the Form SU07/12 (SPONSORSHIP UNDERTAKING) do i need to write it and sign it and send it simply like the other documents?
also there is a part where it says (FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY
CERTIFICATE
I certify that this document, apart from this certificate, is an undertaking given in pursuance of the lmmigration Rules within the meaning of the lmmigration Act 1971 as amended by the lmmigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Signed by , being a person authorised to make this certificate on behalf of the Secretary of State.
) do i need to fill it?
You'd need to complete it yes, but the "For Official Use only" I wouldnt have thought you'd complete that section.