Help! Land Registry Advice!

LibbyT

Hi. Can anyone give me some advice please?
I am British living in England. I built a villa in a little village just outside Enfidha with my ex-husband! I know need to find out whose name the villa is registered in!!
Can anyone tell me how... I cannot afford to come to Tunisia personally!
Thank you in advance!

Scottochott

Hi. Can anyone give me some advice please?
I am British living in England. I built a villa in a little village just outside Enfidha with my ex-husband! I know need to find out whose name the villa is registered in!!
Can anyone tell me how... I cannot afford to come to Tunisia personally!
Thank you in advance!
Did you buy the land, or was it your ex husband's? If the latter I fear you will not be on the title, however if you have any contract of sale for the land in your name then whatever is built on it will be yours.

LibbyT

Hi, thanks for your reply!

We built the villa on the back of my ex-husband's brother's land.

The villa was given a number when the government were thinking of building a port in Enfidha.

I just need proof that it exists and that it is owned by my ex-husband.

Or a copy of a utility bill (water/electricity) in his name...

Any advice??

Scottochott

Do you have a lawyer or even a friend there who could check with the land registry?

LibbyT

Hi. Thanks for your reply!

Sadly, I don't have a lawyer in Tunisia! I contacted several lawyer firms asking for help about a year ago but none of them wanted to get involved!

It's so sad as I have two children from this man and if I can't find evidence, he's going to get 40% of my little bungalow in England... He hasn't seen the children in almost two years. He just doesn't care. All he wants is yet more money from me! I really need that evidence.

Can you recommend a lawyer that would help or a private investigator??

Thank you.

Scottochott

You have my sympathy, unfortunately that's an all too familiar story.

Maybe a member currently in Tunisia could help? Anyone?

Essem

Staff member
It used to be the case that Private Investigator businesses were not allowed (I wonder why??:rolleyes:) - that may have changed now.

That's one business that really would do well there, for obvious reasons;)

LibbyT

Essam, I have only just seen this message. Thank you so much for your advice. I will send an e-mail today!
Thank you so much

LibbyT

Dear Kris and Essam,
Thank you so much for your help. My situation has been quite desperate and incredibly painful, especially as my beautiful children have been abandoned by their father, but I have contacted both Malek and Ramzi and am hoping they can help me protect my children.
Thank you so much!

Essem

Staff member
Hi Libby,

You are welcome, we are all here to help and support in any which way we can so don't hesitate to ask anytime. So very sorry to hear that your children have been abandoned by their father. It's becoming all too common.

Hopefully you'll receive some help as soon as is possible.

Jane BM

Hi. Thanks for your reply!

Sadly, I don't have a lawyer in Tunisia! I contacted several lawyer firms asking for help about a year ago but none of them wanted to get involved!

It's so sad as I have two children from this man and if I can't find evidence, he's going to get 40% of my little bungalow in England... He hasn't seen the children in almost two years. He just doesn't care. All he wants is yet more money from me! I really need that evidence.

Can you recommend a lawyer that would help or a private investigator??

Thank you.
Why is he going to get 40% of your home in England?