help me guys..

Trulymadlydeeply

Hi Jane M and welcome to the forum. One thing I must ask is, did you not try and find these things out before you both got married? What will you do if you don't meet the criteria either of you? You will find you are both married with hubby's that cannot come here!

If you do meet the earnings criteria then as Jane says UKBA website lists everything for you. Good luck.

J

jane makhloufi

There are plenty of threads on here Jane re settlement visa requirements, also tell your sister to check out the UKBA website which lists all the criteria....then if she's any more questions she can always ask on here...

For example, does your sister earn over £18,600? If so then they are eligible to apply as long as they fulfil the rest of the criteria, however if she doesn't earn that much then they cannot apply. Also the fee has to be paid when he submits his supporting documents regardless of whether its a successful application.
hi the £18,600 you dnt need if you cnt work with ill health that i know if you have 2 benifits you go under the old rules that i know but the others i dnt so i will say thanks for that any way

Jane BM

hi the £18,600 you dnt need if you cnt work with ill health that i know if you have 2 benifits you go under the old rules that i know but the others i dnt so i will say thanks for that any way
It all depends on what benefit you receive....so is that the case for both you and your sister?....going under the old regulations doesn't necessarily make it easier though believe me...you then have to show all your income/expenditure making sure that there is enough money left over to support your husbands..as they are not entitled to any recourse to public funds....and the UKBA won't take promises that they won't, they need to see proof....lots of paperwork..

Check out the UKBA website anyway....

Trulymadlydeeply

I thought its the high rate of disability allowance only that made you exempt from the earnings?! Won't they wonder how you can afford to keep going to Tunisia if you are on benefits? :(

Jane BM

And certain carers allowances....but again even under the old regs, you need to be able to prove categorically that you have surplus funds to support them...

ROULLA

I thought its the high rate of disability allowance only that made you exempt from the earnings?! Won't they wonder how you can afford to keep going to Tunisia if you are on benefits? :(
Truly mou high rate dissability allowance can be as high as £350 per week, that's how they can afford it:)some people get even more.

annibee

Truly mou high rate dissability allowance can be as high as £350 per week, that's how they can afford it:)some people get even more.
:eek:

J

jane makhloufi

yes cares allance is part of the way you get your husband over to the uk just been told of my sisters solicator and yes high disability allances is the same i am only replying to the message on here sorry it has been late to reply been so sick and also ppl do pay for going to tunisia out there dla but i have high dla and i save to see my husband it all comes down too money some ppl marry and dnt have money but most of tunisian men are still with them and some are not my husband has not passed his test yet but we are working hard to get him to pass with him going back to school again and how do i go about in to living there does my money stop or do i still get it for so many months can someone help me plz

salim

yes cares allance is part of the way you get your husband over to the uk just been told of my sisters solicator and yes high disability allances is the same i am only replying to the message on here sorry it has been late to reply been so sick and also ppl do pay for going to tunisia out there dla but i have high dla and i save to see my husband it all comes down too money some ppl marry and dnt have money but most of tunisian men are still with them and some are not my husband has not passed his test yet but we are working hard to get him to pass with him going back to school again and how do i go about in to living there does my money stop or do i still get it for so many months can someone help me plz
Sorry to hear that you got some financial problems , but did you have any ideas about the new immigrations rules in the uk before you got married ?

Jane BM

Hi Jane...I'm trying to understand your post...are you saying that you are now thinking of going over to live in Tunisia with your husband? If so, why is he trying to pass the English test? Is your sister also on disability allowance as well as yourself? Your sister is very lucky she can afford to go to a solicitor...

Have you contacted your local benefits office to find out if you'd still receive benefits if you went over there? Should really be your first port of call, although I'd imagine you wouldn't but I don't know myself as I don't receive benefits, someone else may know...

If you are still intent on applying for a settlement visa though for the UK after your husband passes his test and you are exempt from the new regulations just remember that you still have to PROVE that you can afford to keep him...so I'd start trying to work that out if I was you Jane.

J

jane makhloufi

no i am not going to live in tunisia just asking thats all sorry we are try for my husband to pass his test and my sisters husband has he can speak very good english i was just wondering thats all

Jane BM

no i am not going to live in tunisia just asking thats all sorry we are try for my husband to pass his test and my sisters husband has he can speak very good english i was just wondering thats all
So your sisters husband has passed his English test...are they in a position to apply for a settlement visa? Do they meet the criteria or is she exempt?

J

jane makhloufi

he s his test and yes she meets the criteria to go for the settlement visa

lynn

I think you can only get benefits if your in Europe, which doesn't class Tunisia.

smiley_jo

Jane M, surely if you are on Disability Living Allowance and the allowance given to you is very high, do you not need the money to live??????? :confused: Seems like a HUGE commitment to financially support a husband who may not have a job for some time, on DLA with no ability to bring in further money if necessary .... seems a bit mad to me if I'm being honest.

Sorry to be a wet blanket,

Smiley