Help with divorce papers

ElleB

Hi All,

I was married in Maamoura, Nabeul in 2014. On December 26th my husband told me he wanted to divorce me. I was in shock. Is there anyone who can go to the municipal building to get a copy of his birth certificate so I can see if he has divorced me? Is it possible to find out if divorce papers have been filed? Either by phone or in person or on the web? I have an attorney but she doesn't seem to be in any hurry to find out if he has filed already. I'll pay for your services. I want my day in court and I've heard that this happens behind the wife's back often. WE own a business together and I want to make sure I get what I'm due. I didn't want the divorce, but he met another woman and just told me by text the day after Christmas that it's over and he has someone else.

Thank you.
Beth

scotty_bambam

Hi All,

I was married in Maamoura, Nabeul in 2014. On December 26th my husband told me he wanted to divorce me. I was in shock. Is there anyone who can go to the municipal building to get a copy of his birth certificate so I can see if he has divorced me? Is it possible to find out if divorce papers have been filed? Either by phone or in person or on the web? I have an attorney but she doesn't seem to be in any hurry to find out if he has filed already. I'll pay for your services. I want my day in court and I've heard that this happens behind the wife's back often. WE own a business together and I want to make sure I get what I'm due. I didn't want the divorce, but he met another woman and just told me by text the day after Christmas that it's over and he has someone else.

Thank you.
Beth
Hi beth,
Sorry to hear that.what a shock! My friends chap live in nabeul.she could ask him.plus she is going over in march,or is that not soon enough.?

Scottochott

Given that you own a business together I would recommend going yourself asap, you need to safeguard your financial interest. This is an all too common ploy, using a foreign spouse's money to set up a business and then get divorced. If your lawyer doesn't see the urgency then just get another! Good luck but it won't be easy to get your money back, and depends on how well any legal agreements have been drafted.

gem15

When you married did you sign the contract with joint assests or single assests? It will be very difficult to get half of anything without a good lawyer if at all....but not impossible.

Trulymadlydeeply

Is the business in both names, who funded the business? You will need a very good lawyer or you may find yourself just cutting your losses!!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

Thank you.
Beth
This seems like one for Ramzi (certified legal translator) he does this kind of thing all the time.

His details are ....

He works closely with a lawyer or indeed another lawyer if you require.

I would strike while the iron is hot, for you its a sudden shock but for some of these guys its a long term plan clicking into action.

In the meantime I would be getting your marriage certificate and copies of bank transfers etc.

http://www.tunisia.com/translation

Office details

55 rue D’Algérie
Bizerte, Tunisia

Telephone number

+216 97 354 338

abenharb

greetings.
I am relay sorry to hear your story and I'll be glad to help you. For the birth certificate you only need a copy of your hasband's ID or if you dont have it you need these informations: date and place of birth and his full name. Go to the nearest city hall and get his birth certificate it's called ' mathmoun' in tunisian or ' certificat de naissance' in french. If you are already divorced you'll see it in his birth certificate. If you are not happy with your lawyer just change it. In order for you to know if there is a case filed against you, you'll need a lawyer. If you need any help please let me know.. Dont worry I'll help you the best I can and I am not asking for anything.. I just want justice to be made. Good luck

Monyk

This seems like one for Ramzi (certified legal translator) he does this kind of thing all the time.

His details are ....

He works closely with a lawyer or indeed another lawyer if you require.

I would strike while the iron is hot, for you its a sudden shock but for some of these guys its a long term plan clicking into action.

In the meantime I would be getting your marriage certificate and copies of bank transfers etc.

http://www.tunisia.com/translation

Office details

55 rue D’Algérie
Bizerte, Tunisia

Telephone number

+216 97 354 338
Is this contact number for Ramzi ?I need his service as well