Holiday visa

Karine

I have been happily married to my Tunisian husband for about 18 months, and have been trying to get him over to the u.k for a 6week holiday, his first visa was turned down, they think we will not return back to Tunisia, I have explained to them that all my furniture and car was shipped over last year ( cost about £10k) and that we are doing extension work on our property, and have just bought another car ( another £15k) and that money is no problem for the trip, I have now had to fill out 152 page questionnaire , as well as gathering documents together to prove our status etc. which I am now in the process of posting back to the u.k. Why is it such a problem and hassle for just a holiday, we have no intentions of remaining in the u.k, but they want us to prove that we will return home, how am I supposed to do that. If his second visa is refused I'm not sure as what to do next, I feel like just booking a flight and sorting it out when we get to the u.k. Anybody else had problems with holiday visas, .?

Jane BM

I have been happily married to my Tunisian husband for about 18 months, and have been trying to get him over to the u.k for a 6week holiday, his first visa was turned down, they think we will not return back to Tunisia, I have explained to them that all my furniture and car was shipped over last year ( cost about £10k) and that we are doing extension work on our property, and have just bought another car ( another £15k) and that money is no problem for the trip, I have now had to fill out 152 page questionnaire , as well as gathering documents together to prove our status etc. which I am now in the process of posting back to the u.k. Why is it such a problem and hassle for just a holiday, we have no intentions of remaining in the u.k, but they want us to prove that we will return home, how am I supposed to do that. If his second visa is refused I'm not sure as what to do next, I feel like just booking a flight and sorting it out when we get to the u.k. Anybody else had problems with holiday visas, .?
Ooh don't book a flight and then think you can sort it out this end!! He'll be turned away at immigration. Lol...

It seems a huge sticking point, this intent to return, by the sounds of it you've given them plenty of reasons why he intends to return to Tunisia. Do either of you work over there? Does he have a work contract? Is property in his name?

DARK ANGEL

If he has an old parent lived with him and he must turn to take care of him

Karine

Ooh don't book a flight and then think you can sort it out this end!! He'll be turned away at immigration. Lol...

It seems a huge sticking point, this intent to return, by the sounds of it you've given them plenty of reasons why he intends to return to Tunisia. Do either of you work over there? Does he have a work contract? Is property in his name?
We have just started up a business, but don't have the required paperwork as such ,ie tax documents, it's a small village we live in, so money is just paid over, the property is in his parents name, who are both deceased, and his sisters names,

Jane BM

We have just started up a business, but don't have the required paperwork as such ,ie tax documents, it's a small village we live in, so money is just paid over, the property is in his parents name, who are both deceased, and his sisters names,
Then I don't see what more you can do that you haven't already done. Did you include an invitation letter from whoever you were going to stay with? Or were you doing a proper holiday here? Did you show your financial records, bank statements that you've got in Tunisia?

If you have already done that and it was still refused, then I can't see you getting a positive outcome until maybe your business is perhaps up and running and you've got bookwork to show etc....

I'm surprised though that his late parents home is now in his sisters names? As normally it'd be passed to the son and put in his name,

Karine

Then I don't see what more you can do that you haven't already done. Did you include an invitation letter from whoever you were going to stay with? Or were you doing a proper holiday here? Did you show your financial records, bank statements that you've got in Tunisia?

If you have already done that and it was still refused, then I can't see you getting a positive outcome until maybe your business is perhaps up and running and you've got bookwork to show etc....

I'm surprised though that his late parents home is now in his sisters names? As normally it'd be passed to the son and put in his name,
We would be staying at my mums place, so yes have letter of invite from her, all the land deeds, bank statements from us all, every thing I can think of, the only thing I haven't sent is the colour of my knickers !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Surprised they haven't asked for that )