Hotel advice

Hi guys

I'm aware a lot of hotels don't like tunisians to be booked from the uk however I have done this before which was for hotel kaiser.... I am wondering if I book again from the uk for my partner and my son what will the likelihood of the outcome be?
I don't want to book and it be a problem! I'm looking for all inclusive as I will have my son and I will need a pool. Any advice would be highly appreciated thanks. :)

bascar

I have stayed at the Marco Polo in Yasmine Hammamet with my husband....and I know of another lady who stayed with her tunisian partner ?

Ok thank you I stayed at kaiser before and they didn't say anything and I booked from the uk
But I tried one and I was told I have to book my partner in when I get there :/ I think I will just book and see what happens thanks for that

mrsmannai

Ok thank you I stayed at kaiser before and they didn't say anything and I booked from the uk
But I tried one and I was told I have to book my partner in when I get there :/ I think I will just book and see what happens thanks for that
some years ago i booked online for us both, this was helya beach in monastir, no problem

Jane BM

Is your partner actually living in Tunisia?

Before my husband moved to the UK both before and after we married I always booked him on the reservation from the UK and never once had an issue with it when we were there.

I think nowadays it's more whether you're sharing a room and being unmarried and him being Tunisian that could be the issue. Some will refuse now or require a marriage certificate. Again not something ever happened to me before we married but it has happened to a few people, so I'd check that out before you book anywhere.

Burton

I've noticed that on Travel Republic bookings, there is a warning for some but not all hotels, that Tunisian and or 'Arab' couples must produce a marriage certificate if they wish to share a room in a hotel.

Burton

Plus this information again, I must stress only on some hotels: "Please note rates and conditions are not available to residents of the following countries – Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Iran, Iraq, U.A.E, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Yemen, Israel and Algeria".

Ok guys thank you so much

Yes my partner lives in tunisia thanks for all your replies :)

Burton

Just wanted to add Lindsey**c** that it varies quite considerably in Tunisia. If your partner lives in Tunisia, no doubt he/she will know the 'local laws/customs'.

YouOnlyLive Once!

I have seen that as well, but only since last year. It seems to be they can decide to ask you to pay for a separate room if you are unmarried. But this is decided on the day, as opposed to any straight rule! I also noticed that some of the hotels that are on both travel republic and booking.com, don't have that notice on booking.com. We stayed in Villamar Residence de Charme, without any issue

Thanks guys apprdciate the replies have a great day everyone :)

missmetal

Just to give you some additional info, we stayed at the El Mouradi in PEK and had not problems there before and after marriage. We stayed in some horrible one that the name escapes me but also had no issues as long as his name was on the booking. We also stayed at the Bruge du lac in Tunis and they never asked either. There was one hotel that asked us, and luckily we were married at the time. But i always thought it was an issue mostly for tunisians with tunisians, but friends of mine were kicked out of one because they were not married despite the reservation.

I bet they would not ask my parents or her parents who are palestinian...

I think the one time my hubby called in advance when we were engaged and he said my fiance and I have a reservation is it going to be ok to stay, we are planning to get married and we had no issues. So maybe once they see he has a reservation get him to call and confirm that his fiance and baby will be joining him, will it be an issue

Burton

Just to give you some additional info, we stayed at the El Mouradi in PEK and had not problems there before and after marriage. We stayed in some horrible one that the name escapes me but also had no issues as long as his name was on the booking. We also stayed at the Bruge du lac in Tunis and they never asked either. There was one hotel that asked us, and luckily we were married at the time. But i always thought it was an issue mostly for tunisians with tunisians, but friends of mine were kicked out of one because they were not married despite the reservation.

I bet they would not ask my parents or her parents who are palestinian...

I think the one time my hubby called in advance when we were engaged and he said my fiance and I have a reservation is it going to be ok to stay, we are planning to get married and we had no issues. So maybe once they see he has a reservation get him to call and confirm that his fiance and baby will be joining him, will it be an issue
Lol how true!! brilliant post

Thanks for all your feedback and just to let you all know we stayed no problem! Has a brilliant time and I'm in depressed mode not to of left him :(