Hotel Bel Air, Hammamet

ozzyjames

Hi
I'm staying at the Hotel Bel Air in Hammamet June 9th-23rd, there will be 6 of us. Anyone got any good places to visit inc markets, food, quad biking etc.

Thanks All

bobby g

Nabuel market is good. think it's on fridays as at the hotel desk they'll know. We stayed at the bel air, a good day out we went to Sidi bou Said, Tunis and La marsa on the louage. very cheap travelling but not the most comfy, good fun tho. Don't know about quad bikes. We did a desert trip from there one year. Two days tiring but we thought worth it at the time.

Enjoy your time. We went in June and the weather is great then.:D

FoxyRoxie89

I stayed there in october, but to be honest I didnt do many trips wish I had but as my friends had been before they werent into much :(

What age group are you?

stephstanley

Nabuel market is good. think it's on fridays as at the hotel desk they'll know. We stayed at the bel air, a good day out we went to Sidi bou Said, Tunis and La marsa on the louage. very cheap travelling but not the most comfy, good fun tho. Don't know about quad bikes. We did a desert trip from there one year. Two days tiring but we thought worth it at the time.

Enjoy your time. We went in June and the weather is great then.:D
The market is usually everyday, its just that they keep fridays for getting all the tour operators to bring the groups of tourists-prob best to just jump a taxi and go yourself on a different day-more quiet and not half as stressful!!!

FoxyRoxie89

The market is usually everyday, its just that they keep fridays for getting all the tour operators to bring the groups of tourists-prob best to just jump a taxi and go yourself on a different day-more quiet and not half as stressful!!!
and you can prrobably get better deals x

aljaye

If you like History you have to go to El Jem and or Carthage. Sidi Bou Said is a lovely day out as well. I dont know about quad biking but Im sure you'll get offered all sorts of camel varietys!

A

Amira

There is a quad rental place just opposite the 'Salon du The' a lush tea/coffee lounge on Avenue Moncef Bey in Hammamet..if u ask in the salon they will point u in the right direction..at least it was doing good business two years ago when I last stayed..

FoxyRoxie89

There is a quad rental place just opposite the Salon du The on Avenue Moncef Bey in Hammamet..if u ask in the salon they will point u in the right direction..at least it was doing good business two years ago when I last stayed..
Ooooh where abouts is that?? I want to know for next time?

I did quadbikes in Malia, I am abit dangerous on them though hehe x

stephstanley

Ooooh where abouts is that?? I want to know for next time?

I did quadbikes in Malia, I am abit dangerous on them though hehe x
If you turn left out of the bel air, get to the main road and turn right. You have to follow the round up past the round about and its a bit further up on the corner x

FoxyRoxie89

If you turn left out of the bel air, get to the main road and turn right. You have to follow the round up past the round about and its a bit further up on the corner x
Do you know where I like to go, LEFT to S apartment :p

stephstanley

So left out of Bel Air and then right? Yeah, go straight on past the roundabout where the police station is and its just further up the road on your left

does your fiance have an apartment?x
Lives at home, we just rent somewhere each time im there

bobby g

Thats what we did, easier and cheaper than any trip on offer. The guy at reception told us Friday was the better day to go. It was busy but ok. The beach at Nabuel was lovely and hardly a soul to be seen. Just one old guy following us around we kept smiling and saying hello but he never said a word.:D Stopped for a coffee at a place, can't remember name, but near the place on the corner with the lovely tiles on the front of the building. We were the only women there my friend said she was a bit uncomfortable being stared at...I had'nt even noticed!!!:D Also went ot the Zoo place "Frigila" or something like that. Went on one of those tuktuk thingies:eek: Not sure now the reason behind that decision but it was fun. Animals at said zoo were a bit sad tho.

Trulymadlydeeply

Has anyone got any update on this Hotel, I hear Thomas Cook are using it again as long as the standards are improved?! Also what is the beach bar like? Thanks.

Essem

Staff member
Was there today Truly. It's not on the beach, it's on the opposite side of the street from the Regency Hotel (right hand as you look down to YH), just down a bit and it's located on the l/h side of that street.

Very tired looking IMO.

100_4597.JPG100_4575.JPG100_4576.JPG100_4577.JPG

salim