Hotel Jinene and the Marhaba royal salem.

marhaba

Hey everyone, so i have taken a gamble for my 17 days stay in tunisia in 3 weeks time, Ive booke 2 hotels which ive never stayed at before and was wondering some things.

What are they both like for all inclusive?

Whats the entertainment like for end od april early may time?

Ive read on trip advisor that the jinene has many bad reviews, i dont care how it looks as long as it is clean.

What would you say about these hotels?

neat

I stayed at the hotel jinine last september. The rooms were clean, staff very helpful. the food is buffet style so you will always find something to eat and all inclusive they serve pizza and sandwiches by the pool every afternoon. I must admit animation was rubbish unless you are 7 yrs old lol but plenty of entertainment down the road. Oh and a Irish pub around the corner 5 mins walk if you miss English food and drink.

marhaba

thankyou for your reply x

nyannala

Personally I wouldn't go there again , the fco have recommended tourist to avoid going there, just because of the attacks it seems like you have young women brain washed by the tunisa men for promise of marriage and will put there life in danger because a Tunisian male say it's safe in certain areas, and then when the women get abducted/kidnapped for ransomed, the family have to go throu the stress of having to payout wondering if there child is alive and safe, and the government having to plead for there safe return, wise up think twice, think of your family, yes there's danger where ever you may go in life, even in your own back garden but to put yourself in a position of danger for a bit of fun, not work a dime, sorry personal wise opinion,,

cherie63

Personally I wouldn't go there again , the fco have recommended tourist to avoid going there, just because of the attacks it seems like you have young women brain washed by the tunisa men for promise of marriage and will put there life in danger because a Tunisian male say it's safe in certain areas, and then when the women get abducted/kidnapped for ransomed, the family have to go throu the stress of having to payout wondering if there child is alive and safe, and the government having to plead for there safe return, wise up think twice, think of your family, yes there's danger where ever you may go in life, even in your own back garden but to put yourself in a position of danger for a bit of fun, not work a dime, sorry personal wise opinion,,
Incorrect! The FCO have not advised tourists to avoid going to Sousse, where the Hotel Jinene and Marhaba Royal Salem are located.
Here is the link https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/tunisia.

No tourist has yet been kidnapped or held for ransom :mad: Yes, terrorist activity exists in Tunisia, as it does in France, the UK, Australia, USA, Spain and dozens of other countries, maybe we shouldn't travel there either? :confused:

"Think of your family", well I am thinking of my family and have just booked to go and see them in Tunisia next month :) I will not change my plans for anyone, least of all terrorists, which is precisely what they want :rolleyes: If you are safety conscious, don't go off the beaten track, be situationally aware, don't go near political demonstrations etc and use good sun screen ;) tourists should come home unscathed. 424,707 British nationals visited Tunisia in 2014. Most British tourists stay in the coastal resorts and most visits are trouble free. FCO see above link.

"put yourself in a position of danger for a bit of fun" Why do you assume people only go there for a bit of fun? I go for lots of fun :p

There is probably more danger on any British High Street on a Saturday night :eek:

Have you ever thought about a life in politics? Ennahda would snap you up :D;)

That is my personal opinion, just saying ;)

Last edited:

cherie63

Playing it safe doesn’t serve you or anyone else. Someone who has lived a risk free life certainly ends up with fewer scars and bruises. But there’s something quite lacking about a risk free existence. It lacks sparkle and passion. So it can be said that the person who risks nothing ultimately risks everything.fear-prevents-life1-300x194.jpg

nyannala

Incorrect! The FCO have not advised tourists to avoid going to Sousse, where the Hotel Jinene and Marhaba Royal Salem are located.
Here is the link https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/tunisia.

No tourist has yet been kidnapped or held for ransom :mad: Yes, terrorist activity exists in Tunisia, as it does in France, the UK, Australia, USA, Spain and dozens of other countries, maybe we shouldn't travel there either? :confused:

"Think of your family", well I am thinking of my family and have just booked to go and see them in Tunisia next month :) I will not change my plans for anyone, least of all terrorists, which is precisely what they want :rolleyes: If you are safety conscious, don't go off the beaten track, be situationally aware, don't go near political demonstrations etc and use good sun screen ;) tourists should come home unscathed. 424,707 British nationals visited Tunisia in 2014. Most British tourists stay in the coastal resorts and most visits are trouble free. FCO see above link.

"put yourself in a position of danger for a bit of fun" Why do you assume people only go there for a bit of fun? I go for lots of fun :p

There is probably more danger on any British High Street on a Saturday night :eek:

Have you ever thought about a life in politics? Ennahda would snap you up :D;)

That is my personal opinion, just saying ;)
Ersonel opinion and free dom of speach, yes true saying g danger is all around us every day, but people don't put themselves in situation of the danger, the terrorist do travel lol tunis is a big place and yes they do have transport, I'm not saying to anyone to cancel there flight but be careful of the Besnes Men and women that are saying that it's safe in certain areas, hammamet they are saying are is safe, and not to take coach trips to tunis, fco undated there site all the time, each to there own, it's like Africa people have family there so would you go to Africa and risk the chance to catch embola just saying, ...

cherie63

nyannala

Playing it safe doesn’t serve you or anyone else. Someone who has lived a risk free life certainly ends up with fewer scars and bruises. But there’s something quite lacking about a risk free existence. It lacks sparkle and passion. So it can be said that the person who risks nothing ultimately risks everything.View attachment 7816
True fear does not prevent death but preserves life...this HTML class. Value is http://www.ebusiness
Ignorance is bliss...Have a safe journey holiday and return saftey...

cherie63

Ersonel opinion and free dom of speach, yes true saying g danger is all around us every day, but people don't put themselves in situation of the danger, the terrorist do travel lol tunis is a big place and yes they do have transport, I'm not saying to anyone to cancel there flight but be careful of the Besnes Men and women that are saying that it's safe in certain areas, hammamet they are saying are is safe, and not to take coach trips to tunis, fco undated there site all the time, each to there own, it's like Africa people have family there so would you go to Africa and risk the chance to catch embola just saying, ...
Tunisia is in Africa ;)

Personally I will be going to Tunis, I love Carthage, Bardo, Sidi Bou Said etc, I don't go by coach, prefer going by car. Yes it is always good to be careful, but also it is good not to scare people when the chance of being caught in a terror attack is very small. Tourists who go on package holidays will be advised by their holiday rep which trips are suitable and independent travellers are usually very aware of the do's and don'ts and unlikely to pay attention to bezness men.

cherie63

True fear does not prevent death but preserves life...this HTML class. Value is http://www.ebusiness
Ignorance is bliss...Have a safe journey holiday and return saftey...
I am not ignorant of the situation in Tunisia, I am very aware of the current situation, as are most members here. I have also lived through more than 30 years of terrorism in Northern Ireland which killed more than 3600 people. Optimistic I may be, ignorant I am not.

Thanks for the kind wishes, I hope I will return safe and return again to Tunisia :)

Jane BM

I think it's all about each individual's perception of how secure they feel.

For example, I wouldn't go to my husbands home town right now because in my mind, I wouldn't feel safe there (aside from the fact that only last week it was found that IS recruits lived not 3 doors away)...whereas I would probably go to a tourist destination. Now if I had my rational head on, really one is no more safer than the other, and you could put up an argument for either staying or NOT staying in either....it's all down to your own perception .

I don't blame people at all right now for feeling fearful of going, and holidaying elsewhere....if I had no connections I wouldn't go to Tunisia right now either.

cherie63

....if I had no connections I wouldn't go to Tunisia right now either.
That is how the terrorists win, by instilling fear and making us change our behaviour. Tunisia needs support from people with connections there, and from those who don't. If the tourist industry fails it will cause immense hardship and compound the situation. What hope for a fledgling democracy? if Europeans abandon Tunisia at the first sign of trouble.

feefad

be careful of the Besnes Men and women that are saying that it's safe in certain areas, hammamet they are saying are is safe, and not to take coach trips to tunis, fco undated there site all the time ...
Is hammamet not safe? I went today and didn't get that impression. Also we were thinking of going again another day so I'd love to make an informed decision if it's thought not to be. As I'm here at the moment, I've regularly been checking the fco updates. At no point have I seen them advising against tourist areas or trips to Tunis, even after Bardo, it of course says be vigilant and there is always a threat but the warnings against travel have consistently been in the border & mountain areas as well as the south. If there were warnings I defo wouldn't be out and about.

gem15

People do tend to over react and make a mountain out of a molehill.

People in Tunisia are going about their everyday business with no fear and there's enough tourists here at the moment who aren't worried about being "kidnapped". I wonder if those that say they won't be coming or affraid to come had the same thoughts if they were going to France after the terrorist attack there.

Jane BM

That is how the terrorists win, by instilling fear and making us change our behaviour. Tunisia needs support from people with connections there, and from those who don't. If the tourist industry fails it will cause immense hardship and compound the situation. What hope for a fledgling democracy? if Europeans abandon Tunisia at the first sign of trouble.
And people who choose NOT to go there don't need lectures from people who do choose to go there.

Jane BM

People do tend to over react and make a mountain out of a molehill.

People in Tunisia are going about their everyday business with no fear and there's enough tourists here at the moment who aren't worried about being "kidnapped". I wonder if those that say they won't be coming or affraid to come had the same thoughts if they were going to France after the terrorist attack there.
No, not at all.......primarily because it isn't a Muslim country and also doesn't have the largest ratio of IS recruits...

Oh yeah, and it doesn't border either Libya or Algeria.

May be wrong, but I'm not aware of there being terrorist camps in France either, in the mountains.....

cherie63

And people who choose NOT to go there don't need lectures from people who do choose to go there.
Lecture? That isn't a lecture, that is a well informed point of view ;)

Last edited:

luna06

I was in Tunisia last week till this Tuesday and I had to say that I didn't feel any fear of being kidnapped, or being attacked , lots of tourists at the airport and my plane from London to Tunis was full, we stayed at hammameth and everything was fine with tourist around nothing to be scared of, we could see that there is more police around controlling and making sure tourist places are safe. I think people should stop putting fear on other people to stop them to come to a beautiful country, for me I know I will be going back again, so if anyone is planing to go but is hesitating don't think twice. ;)