Hotel Jinene and the Marhaba royal salem.

feefad

No, not at all.......primarily because it isn't a Muslim country and also doesn't have the largest ratio of IS recruits...

Oh yeah, and it doesn't border either Libya or Algeria.

May be wrong, but I'm not aware of there being terrorist camps in France either, in the mountains.....
i agree that these are the factors that will put people off. If it comes to spending your money for a hard earned, much needed holiday I can totally see why people would not.choose to go here. In the past people avoided Ireland despite the fact that much of the country was safe due to the troubles in specific areas.
Tunisia hasn't helped itself since the revolution, if it weren't for family visits I know I'd happily take my sun holiday elsewhere. A lot of people here want life handed to them on a plate without having to work hard for it (I know that's a sweeping statement and doesn't cover everyone), it's one of the reasons people are open to radicalisation, what else have they got? It's a shame as the country depends on tourism income, but they need to evaluate themselves to see how they can compete better in the market under such circumstances.

Jane BM

i agree that these are the factors that will put people off. If it comes to spending your money for a hard earned, much needed holiday I can totally see why people would not.choose to go here. In the past people avoided Ireland despite the fact that much of the country was safe due to the troubles in specific areas.
Tunisia hasn't helped itself since the revolution, if it weren't for family visits I know I'd happily take my sun holiday elsewhere. A lot of people here want life handed to them on a plate without having to work hard for it (I know that's a sweeping statement and doesn't cover everyone), it's one of the reasons people are open to radicalisation, what else have they got? It's a shame as the country depends on tourism income, but they need to evaluate themselves to see how they can compete better in the market under such circumstances.
Absolutely....I personally know of quite a few 'men' (and I use the term loosely), from my husbands home town who have become radicalised and gone off to join the 'fight'.....and not because they have a firm belief, but because they'd got nothing else to do!! It's that mentality that needs to change.

Jane BM

And I wouldn't proclaim that over 20 innocent people just going to a museum and being cold bloodedly murdered, and peoples reaction to that as 'making a mountain out of a molehill'.....

feefad

I think what makes it worse is that it was a stop off on a cruise for most who died. Terrible either way but for the length of time they were actually in the country for this to happen to them

gem15

And I wouldn't proclaim that over 20 innocent people just going to a museum and being cold bloodedly murdered, and peoples reaction to that as 'making a mountain out of a molehill'.....
I've said my opinion I don't need to keep banging on about it and peoples reaction that live abroad are far worse than those living here.

Tunisia.com used to be a positive place to support the country but now it seems there are some members who are trying to scare people further. We can all have our thoughts it just doesn't need to be repeated every other day. Everyone is free to come and go if they want.

cherie63

No....it's a lecture....
No it is not. My view point is based on talking to political figures, bloggers, activists, and those in the security industry ;)

Last edited:

Jane BM

I've said my opinion I don't need to keep banging on about it and peoples reaction that live abroad are far worse than those living here.

Tunisia.com used to be a positive place to support the country but now it seems there are some members who are trying to scare people further. We can all have our thoughts it just doesn't need to be repeated every other day. Everyone is free to come and go if they want.
So basically those that have a different viewpoint to yours are irrelevant to the group...

Didn't realise this forum was only to mention positive things, which I find quite ironic coming from certain people.

If you don't need to keep banging on about it......don't keep banging on about it.

Jane BM

No it is not. My view point is based on talking to political figures, bloggers, activists, and those in the security industry ;)
Your viewpoint is exactly that.....your viewpoint..whilst castigating those of us who don't particularly want to go there right now....that's a lecture!

But I'd expect nothing less......

gem15

It is what it is I'm maybe more positive and my glass is half full.

Jane BM

It is what it is I'm maybe more positive and my glass is half full.
I guess as you live there so have fewer choices, it's a good job.

gem15

I guess as you live there so have fewer choices, it's a good job.
Who says we don't have a choice? We choose to live here and not elsewhere at the moment.

Essem

Staff member
IMO Tunisia.com remains a positive, well balanced forum/site promoting Tunisia - and that means all aspects of it, not just 'the good'. There are always going to be differences of opinions and views and we can see how different people see the same situation in different ways.

Everyone has a choice although for those of us who have invested there, it's a concern as we just can't up and go/ walk away from it if things get worse without incurring heavy financial losses.:banghead:

I'm really disappointed because this year, I'd planned to bring all my family over and treat them to a wonderful 5* holiday but after what has happened, there is no way I'd take the risk of anything happening to any of them. I know catastrophes can happen anywhere, God forbid, but I wouldn't be able to live with or forgive myself if anything did happen and it could have been avoided. And my glass is generally full to the brim;):D

colourmered

Nothing will stop me going i am not scared. Terrorists everywhere in UK and anything can happen anytime any place on this earth, so i have to live my life in fear and not travel the world because of these terrorists? Oh please! PW sorry but ive never stayed there so i wouldn't know x