Hotels for unmarried Tunisian couples

annibee

Hi can anyone help me with any hotels that have no problem checking english women and tunisian boyfriends in the same room. My friend and i had no problem with El Mouradi Club Salima (PEK) but had trouble at Dreams Beach in June. We go 4 or 5 times a year for holiday with them and it is getting to be a problem so any advice would be much appreciated.Maybe we could draw up a list because know others in same situation.Thanks

1- just book 2 rooms if ever faced with this prob.
2- as iam from tunis i never faced this prob, but exist the most in sousse , hammamet and djerba
3- go self catering
4- rent private acc.

sianperkins89

i was in houria palace PEK in june and we had no problem there, my boyfriend even rang to check and the guy on the phone was like WHY DID YOU ASK THAT? lol as if he was stupid to even think it.

we had a small problem in amilcar tunis last year but it was sort of a warning, but we were allowed to stay together.

no problem in yasmine beach hammamet.

again no problem in vincci lella baya hammamet. :)

i think it depends on the place, the couple checking in and the person on the reception desk to be honest!

sparkle

I also beleive it is to do with who is checking you in that day it might be someone that does nto agree with it and therefore refuses to book you in and you could get someone else that just does not care, we tried for a whole day to try and get a hotel in tunis once and failed we ended up driving to sidi bou said

lynsey:o)

When i have been over to Tunisia and stayed in hotels i have always stayed at the Royal Jinene in Sousse and they didnt mind at all, i booked a double room here for one person and then called up the hotel and told them my situation and i just paid for him when i got there - no probs at all :)

good luck :)

Kaiser, Soussanna and Essada is ok but they do charge some extras..

annibee

Thanks everyone, especially sian because we have been looking at houria palace on travel republic for september for eid,it looks ok and inexpensive and right in the port

SEANITA

Hi Annibee - if you are going in September for the eid I will be there then staying in Tunis but hoping that me and hubby may be able to escape for a few nights somewhere else. Depends how guilty I feel dragging Mo away from his family when he only home for 2 weeks.

my friend satyed at the Soussanna a few months ago when she went to see her fiancee and they was ok with her staying there with him but they did charge her quite a bit for it, was quite a lot more than i paid when my fiancee stayed with me at the Royal Jinene :) x

Hey annibee, my hubby and I are staying at the Houria Palace for eid. Will see you there lol!

We stayed there a few weeks ago - good value for money.

Sindbad Center, Sousse Palace, Palm Inn, Liberty all accept you if you are not married aswell xx

Jasmine

Annibee..

I would get confirmation from the hotel you are wanting to book by emailing them. Avoids any unpleasant surprises on arrival when they request 25 dinar per night for your fella to be in the same room.

Golf Residence in PEK allows you to stay no hidden charge, as does the Ramada Liberty in Skanes. xxxx

annibee

Hey annibee, my hubby and I are staying at the Houria Palace for eid. Will see you there lol!

We stayed there a few weeks ago - good value for money.

Sindbad Center, Sousse Palace, Palm Inn, Liberty all accept you if you are not married aswell xx
Hi we are staying at Houria Palace from 20th to 27th september with my friend and our guys,we will have to meet up for a drink or two.Hope to see you there x

sianperkins89

does anyone know about la residence hammamet hotel? i booked it now so hopefully wont have any problems!
also do you ladies put ur boyfriends name on the booking or what? or he just turns up there every night? maybe thats why you have a problem, if your trying to get him in there without including his name in the booking? ....

I always book my accomodation through Sunshine.co.uk and never had any problems and before we were married we never had any problems.

Annibee - sounds fab - we will be there at the same time xx

MellieC

does anyone know about la residence hammamet hotel? i booked it now so hopefully wont have any problems!
also do you ladies put ur boyfriends name on the booking or what? or he just turns up there every night? maybe thats why you have a problem, if your trying to get him in there without including his name in the booking? ....
just in the centre of hammamet or in hammamet south? I wouldn't expect you to have a problem in either. I love the terrace at Hammamet south, a fave escaping place for me lol and the staff in the victoria are really good with brits, very used to having them as visitors so quite likey to be used to having Tunisian guys around too lol

sianperkins89

lol well yes thats good in a way that they are used to it and bad in another as they may assume im one of those girls that allows a different guy in their room everynight! i saw plently of them this summer already......
i certainly am not one of them :)
i put my boyfriends name on the booking for the hotel when i make the booking, and he puts my name when he makes the booking, so i dont see why they have any right to refuse us staying together, im not inviting him in after meeting him for 5 mins...though even if i was they still dont have a right to turn him away if hes gonna pay to stay there, do they?

MellieC

nope, money is money at the end of the day, and thier own personal feelings don't come into it, if the hotel has an explicit policy, that is different but other than that its no-ones business lol

enjoy your time lol

As some of you know i am unable to see my fiancee at the moment as he is doing his army.
As far as we know he is due to finish in February, this means by then i wont have seen him for a year and am trying to find a really nice hotel in sousse (possibly PEK) where we can stay, just want to make it special for us both after being apart for soooo long.

If anyone can think of any hotels that they have stayed in either on HB or AI that they loved and was really nice it would be very much appreciated if you could let me know what they are called.

Mezoo

VIP Member
Abou Nawas Nejma-Sousse

trying to find a really nice hotel in sousse :)
me n maher spent a couple of fun nights here week before last. reasonable price, very clean, right there in the sousse mix at the "corner" going down the corniche. 24/7 kess-crute right outside. up and down and all around, i'd give this consideration..food fun and frivioulty in the heart of sousse..."The HOTEL is situated on the promenade Boujaafar bordering a beautiful sandy beach"