Hotels for unmarried Tunisian couples

marhaba

Hotel Marhaba And Marhaba Club are the best hotels By Far :) As i met my bf there x

FoxyRoxie89

this is interesting :p
i want to maybe stay there (hammamet south) for da hole of next summer and was thinking of maybe getting an apartment but then thought hotel could work out a better deal... wonder if they would do a deal with me a where i am staying there and paying for a good few months, if i could treat it like my home and have him back sometimes at night.
Thing is he said I can stay with him, but at the moment he is in an apartment share, fair enough he has his own room but i don't know whether i would be happy living with them all.. they always seem to be hyper and sometimes I am probably going to be thinking... DO 1!! haha
Not just that but if we did argue or something or even fall out then i wouldnt have to go around searching for accomodation on my own upset... know what i mean (though he said to me on the phone earlier.. " i not fight wih you, you are my habibi")
it would definately be better for the first month anyway fo me not to live wih him i think.. though i don't know whether he will allow this :O he's going to have to!!
Anyway any idea's on what you think could be best for me would be GGGGGRRRRRRRREAT!!! :D
Roxie xxx

Yasmine

A whole summer in a hotel sounds like a lot of money, to be honest!

Maybe you could book an appartment for both of you? You will have privacy and in the end, if anything goes wrong, you can still go to some hotel.

FoxyRoxie89

A whole summer in a hotel sounds like a lot of money, to be honest!

Maybe you could book an appartment for both of you? You will have privacy and in the end, if anything goes wrong, you can still go to some hotel.
depends doesn't it cos you can get hotels for about a hundred a week h/b and apartments are looking at 130 a wk and thats not in the height of season... so would have to look into it further just thought i would ask advice.
I know his current place is 500dinars a month so this is cheap but he said its alot more expensive in summer!! x

abi7627

Good lord! You have to be kidding? I stayed in Riu Bellevue Park and had no trouble. Reception staff's personal opinions surely shouldn't influence your ability to book a room? Did you complain to management about it? I'm pretty sure the colour of your money matters more to the management than whether or not they think it is moral! I understand the religious aspect of it, but in a multicultural tourist area they will find themselves void of bookings if they have to pass each booking through a moral ethic check before hand! I would recommend the riu bellevue park, it was a lovely hotel and accustomed to the less conventional couplings, i.e. myself and my Tunisian partner :) I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the list!

loveconquersall

me and Rad stayed at the Marhaba and Kanta had no problem

MM4AS

I can't imagine any hotel being happy for a guest to book in as single for a period and then to sometimes have somebody stay the night, no matter what nationality. It would be different if you book and pay for a double room.

When we checked into a hotel for 1 night in tunis the receptionist asked to see our marriage certificate. I was rooting about in my bag which was crammed with a huge number of documents when he said don't worry, so long as he knew I had it with me he didn't need to see it after all. Mind you, I'm told the way my hands were henna'd was a dead giveaway to any tunisian that we'd just got married, special marriage pattern. maybe he saw my hands as I was looking in my bag. when we checked into the hotel at gammarth we weren't asked for the certificate, but that was a tourist hotel rather than a business hotel like the first one

FoxyRoxie89

Or do you know any good sites for apartments, i keep searching but can't really find anything... I coud let soufian find somewhere but i like to feel in control and know its all definate lol

marhaba

I wish riadh could stay in marhaba :( lol x

stephstanley

i want to maybe stay there (hammamet south) for da hole of next summer and was thinking of maybe getting an apartment but then thought hotel could work out a better deal... wonder if they would do a deal with me a where i am staying there and paying for a good few months, if i could treat it like my home and have him back sometimes at night.
Thing is he said I can stay with him, but at the moment he is in an apartment share, fair enough he has his own room but i don't know whether i would be happy living with them all.. they always seem to be hyper and sometimes I am probably going to be thinking... DO 1!! haha
Not just that but if we did argue or something or even fall out then i wouldnt have to go around searching for accomodation on my own upset... know what i mean (though he said to me on the phone earlier.. " i not fight wih you, you are my habibi")
it would definately be better for the first month anyway fo me not to live wih him i think.. though i don't know whether he will allow this :O he's going to have to!!
Anyway any idea's on what you think could be best for me would be GGGGGRRRRRRRREAT!!! :D
Roxie xxx
Hiya,

To be honest if your staying for so long you would be better off renting a place. If your in a hotel you would be confined to one room, no kitchen etc. We always rent a place while Im there, its more relaxing and feels like a home rather than a holiday x

Jenny

Roxie xxx

Hi,
I think your boyfriend will be able to get you the best deal for renting an appartment. Since the prices has a tendency to be higher if the landlord knows an european is involved, when negotiating the price. And many landlords doesn't speak english.
Below you can find some links for renting appartments.
But if just renting an appartment during the summer the price will be much higher than if you are having a long term contract for an appartment.

http://www.homelidays.com/FR-Locations-Vacances/tn/yasmine-hammamet_r0.asp
http://www.villanao.fr/yasmine-hammamet/locations_appartements.html

Good luck!
Jennyxx

aljaye

FoxyRoxy..why the whole summer? Wouldnt it be better to go back for a week or so first and then go for a long stay..remember he'll be working and even lying on he beach can get boring on your own after a week or two?

annibee

Or do you know any good sites for apartments, i keep searching but can't really find anything... I coud let soufian find somewhere but i like to feel in control and know its all definate lol
hi foxyRoxie have uou had a look on travel republic the les maisons and also jardineres are apartments in the centre of the port and have hotel facilities and are from as little as £25each a week. might be worth a try.good luck

stephstanley

FoxyRoxy..why the whole summer? Wouldnt it be better to go back for a week or so first and then go for a long stay..remember he'll be working and even lying on he beach can get boring on your own after a week or two?
I agree, if he works in a hotel its gonna be so busy. bet to go for a longer stay over the colder months-less busy so he can get lots of time off:)

FoxyRoxie89

I want to go somewhere for a whole summer anyway so its just a bonus he is there and i will have a companion when i need him hehe... but i am also going in feb for a week and maybe over xmas... so summer obv isnt definate but i need prices to save anyway, and see if it happens xx

ROULLA

I want to go somewhere for a whole summer anyway so its just a bonus he is there and i will have a companion when i need him hehe... but i am also going in feb for a week and maybe over xmas... so summer obv isnt definate but i need prices to save anyway, and see if it happens xx
Hi FoxieRoxie, hope that you are in good health! When you go there in December try and look for a house to rent for the summer , even if you take contact details down and call when the time is nearer ..You will see a lot of signs saying ALOUER which means to rent in French..

bobby g

Hi foxyroxy, I don't think hotels would be happy you bringing him in for the odd night, I think you would have to book it with him in mind. What hotel do you usually stay in? If your boyfriend works in a hotel maybe an appartment would be better. The homeholidays site is a good one, maybe he could get a cheaper deal tho.
The whole summer....will there be enough to occupy yourself for that long.;):D

FoxyRoxie89

Hi foxyroxy, I don't think hotels would be happy you bringing him in for the odd night, I think you would have to book it with him in mind. What hotel do you usually stay in? If your boyfriend works in a hotel maybe an appartment would be better. The homeholidays site is a good one, maybe he could get a cheaper deal tho.
The whole summer....will there be enough to occupy yourself for that long.;):D
I am not sure you are all starting to worry me now!! :(
haha

and thanks roulla :)

ROULLA

Your very welcome FoxyRoxie:)

FoxyRoxie89

Your very welcome FoxyRoxie:)
though i am getting put off the idea and worrying now,, haha i am a worrier anyway to be fair!! i am suddenly really scared and thinking maybe i am being silly.. :(