Hotels for unmarried Tunisian couples

annibee

hows about updating this site? :)

marhaba

Riadh palms, Marhaba hotel/Club and Tej Marhaba you now have to be married. Me and hubby had to show our marriage Cert they took a copy of it too.

lynn

anyone not married, should try Monastir Centre hotel, cos 1 guy was taking prostitutes in every night, no problem..

Jasmine

anyone not married, should try Monastir Centre hotel, cos 1 guy was taking prostitutes in every night, no problem..
Sounds a little like the Kaiser :eek:

lynn

Sounds a little like the Kaiser :eek:
I could not belive it, this guy had a diff women everynight, and you could see what his game was, nice clean hotel could not fault that and nice people but it was an eye opener.

olliebaby

I saw an English guy try to book and room for him and his Tunisian "female friend" at the Kaiser once and all hell broke loose at reception. Hands flying around, lots of shouting lol. Lets just say they didnt end up staying there. Although thats quite rare for the Kaiser, they are usually VERY casual about who they book in.

daffodil

I have heard of this happening too....

It is very difficult by all accounts for a European man to book into a hotel with his Tunisian partner....

Most of the hotel reception staff are men after all, and they dont like Europeans having a relationship with local girls....

Hypocrites springs to mind.......unless of course that member of staff and all the others are whiter than white:rolleyes:

annibee

Bel air hammamet ok to stay if not married anyone know anything about this hotel please?

Scoobydoo

Bel air hammamet ok to stay if not married anyone know anything about this hotel please?
Its a rat-fest Annibee....i wouldnt have stayed there even if you paid me. Its straight across the street from a busy bar (british bar).....so its noisy. On the upside its got a bowling alley!?

Desi

Its a rat-fest Annibee....i wouldnt have stayed there even if you paid me. Its straight across the street from a busy bar (british bar).....so its noisy. On the upside its got a bowling alley!?
That's exactly what my fiance just said...

annibee

:eek: oh dear no wonder its only £34 a week dont mind noisy though and bowling alley ok if its clean could stick it for a week maybe do you think?

Scoobydoo

daffodil

The Bel Air has a bad reputation for "RATS" so i have been told from a very reliable source.....

I suppose it depends then if this is the main thing wrong with the place and the noise, if you are with your husband the rats will not be a problem..

Can you put up with a lot of disco noise?

These seem to be the main things wrong with the hotel......

Even the staff at this hotel are reportably sleazy?? Again this shoild not be a problem for you....Not to be recc by all accounts for any ladies wishing to stay on their own..

Scoobydoo

I think the rats and noise are just a few of its many issues.....its not got a good rep generally....

annibee

thanks for advice it dont sound good i must say but on other hand i will not be alone and we are out most of the time and just need room to sleep and would prob be in disco lol dont sleep while early hours anyway so noise not a problem if its clean might just suffice for the week but got others in mind just waiting for them to email my travel agent about unmarrieds. still waiting for emira which sounds ok (yeh tasha) and serail hammamet and la residence hammamet also villa noria in yasmine hammamet anyone stayed or know of these? thanks taking all advice on board :)

deblee71

Hi all,

I've just spoken to the receptionist at the DIAR LEMDINA hotel in Yasmine and he said it is absolutely fine for unmarried Tunisian/UK couples to stay with them. Infact he said that he would be very surprised if ANY hotels in Yasmine asked for a marriage certificate because it is a tourist resort!! :rolleyes:

Makes you wonder doesn't it!? :confused: xx

sallyann

Hi, I was hoping to get some advice as to where i can stay with my tunisian boyfriend in Sousse? I am going out in June. He isn't from the area so and i am worried by some of the things i have read about hotels taking the booking but then refusing you on arrival, asking for additional money and even the police arresting the man.

We want a central hotel; room only or B&B is fine. A friend of a friend stays with her tunisian boyfriend at Mouradi in PEK however we want to stay in Sousse. Are there an hotels that are more relaxed or is it just a game of chance?

Many thanks!

Jane BM

Hi, I was hoping to get some advice as to where i can stay with my tunisian boyfriend in Sousse? I am going out in June. He isn't from the area so and i am worried by some of the things i have read about hotels taking the booking but then refusing you on arrival, asking for additional money and even the police arresting the man.

We want a central hotel; room only or B&B is fine. A friend of a friend stays with her tunisian boyfriend at Mouradi in PEK however we want to stay in Sousse. Are there an hotels that are more relaxed or is it just a game of chance?

Many thanks!
The best thing to do is when you look at the various hotels just let them know that you are unmarried and that your boyfriend is Tunisian and they will let you know whether that is acceptable or not....or get your Tour Operator to do it...before i married my husband we stayed in both PEK and Sousse and never had a problem with any of the hotels....but i know that some people werent so lucky...as far as Sousse goes, we stayed at the Marhaba Salem a couple of times with no problems...but best to doublecheck with them wherever before you go....We also did stay at the El Mouradi in PEK...would thoroughly recommend that hotel...we stayed there before we married and also afterwards...

sallyann

Thank you for the advice, i will do that. We have friends in Sousse so won't be left on the street but i can't help feel nervous about it! Many thanks

Essem

Staff member
Hi Sallyann

I'm sure many of our members have stayed at the Kaiser in Sousse with their partners.