Hotels for unmarried Tunisian couples

lainie

Hi, I was hoping to get some advice as to where i can stay with my tunisian boyfriend in Sousse? I am going out in June. He isn't from the area so and i am worried by some of the things i have read about hotels taking the booking but then refusing you on arrival, asking for additional money and even the police arresting the man.

We want a central hotel; room only or B&B is fine. A friend of a friend stays with her tunisian boyfriend at Mouradi in PEK however we want to stay in Sousse. Are there an hotels that are more relaxed or is it just a game of chance?

Many thanks!
hi sallyann
kaiser in sousse and dreams beach in hammam sousse both fine

sallyann

thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

annibee

marhaba royal salem brilliant hotel stayed a few times with my guy have also stayed dreams beach but woild not reccomend it we all hated it my friend and i had booked 2 rooms with our guys but had a right to do with snotty receptionist about unmarrieds but we got to stay but she made new rule no more unmarrids and thats 2 years ago now

lainie

we stayed in dreams beach in november (married) but they kept referring to hubby as "your friend" and didnt care about marriage certs etc

dandeuch

The kaiser is probaly your best bet as they do not question you and they are really nice staff... stayed there so many times when we were not married x

annibee

The kaiser is probaly your best bet as they do not question you and they are really nice staff... stayed there so many times when we were not married x
i have heard they have stopped unmarrids now dont know how true this is but im sure someone will enlighten us

sallyann

You are all so helpful, thanks. The only thing that 'concerns' me about the kaiser is reviews say the pool is small and in the shade and it isn't on the beach....but if they allow us to stay together without any hassle, i don't mind!

Jasmine

I think we wont go into the legalities of whether or not its allowable to stay with an Unmarried Tunisian ;) Its not allowed, and it would be you both facing the consequences....

The Kaiser is not on the beach and the pool is small. But you get what you pay for.

Dreams Beach is on the beach :D And the same price (last time i looked) as the Kaiser. But not IN Sousse. Depends on if thats a problem or not, as its not that far.

lainie

i like both but prefer dreams beach as quieter location and near my friends

deblee71

I think we wont go into the legalities of whether or not its allowable to stay with an Unmarried Tunisian ;) Its not allowed, and it would be you both facing the consequences....

The Kaiser is not on the beach and the pool is small. But you get what you pay for.

Dreams Beach is on the beach :D And the same price (last time i looked) as the Kaiser. But not IN Sousse. Depends on if thats a problem or not, as its not that far.
That old chestnut again lol...;) It absolutely differs from hotel to hotel...I had a lengthy conversation with the reception staff at The Diar Lemdina about this, and they said that any Tunisian with a European unmarried partner was absolutely welcome to stay in their hotel at any time. They only applied the rule to unmarried Tunisian/Arabic couples.
So I think the message is to ALWAYS check with the individual hotel to be sure! :)

Jasmine

annibee

i would deff try for royal salem on the beach great food and 5 mins from sousse what more could you want lol :)

annibee

i like both but prefer dreams beach as quieter location and near my friends
lainie when did you stay at dreams beach? maybe changed since i was there last but it was more like nightmare beach when i stayed lol it was clean but food was shocking and too far out. all guests were complaining i would never stay there again :confused:

lainie

last november annibee
we have stayed there a few times but only b&b - breakfast not great but ok

Jasmine

We stayed at Dreams Beach in November. The meals were a small selection buffet style. The food was hot, and there was a lovely chef that would cook anything if you didnt like what was offered.

annibee

must have inproved over last 2 years then. maybe it seemed bad after staying in other hotels in PEK/Sousse

lainie

must have inproved over last 2 years then. maybe it seemed bad after staying in other hotels in PEK/Sousse
its not "fancy" but at a tenner a night for 2 b&b it suits us as is it just a base for sleeping.

elaine2

That old chestnut again lol...;) It absolutely differs from hotel to hotel...I had a lengthy conversation with the reception staff at The Diar Lemdina about this, and they said that any Tunisian with a European unmarried partner was absolutely welcome to stay in their hotel at any time. They only applied the rule to unmarried Tunisian/Arabic couples.
So I think the message is to ALWAYS check with the individual hotel to be sure! :)
ive stayed here no prob

HeatherC

please please help.....

Scottochott

I would have thought anywhere would let you in with a Tunisian husband. As for "boyfriends" don't know about PEK, but certainly in Sousse there are a few, I'm sure someone with experience will be on to let you know