Hotels for unmarried Tunisian couples

KheeKhee

I would have thought anywhere would let you in with a Tunisian husband. As for "boyfriends" don't know about PEK, but certainly in Sousse there are a few, I'm sure someone with experience will be on to let you know
I agree anywhere will let you in....boyfriend/husband...money talks;)

annibee

Hi Heather there is quite a few in PEK. golf residence is where we usually stay but also Hourai palace (if still open) les maisons and jardines in marina, and also quite a few in sousse. best thing to do is chose your hotel and then email them to check or get your boyfriend to check if poss, mine did this last time when we went hammamet he just phoned and asked them. you shouldnt have a problem. :)

HeatherC

Thanks for that.... trying to suprise my husband as its our anniversary on 13th and he works golf brau in PEK.... told him i cant make it,,,,,lol,,,, prices are so expensive....

Jasmine

Do you have a copy of your marriage certificate? There shouldnt be any problems booking in with your husband, and if they do say something just show them your marriage certificate and they shouldnt ask for extra money ;)

HeatherC

I do have a copy... hubby has the french version... It so expensive..... would have thought places do cheaper to get the tourists back.... thank you for that...

ROULLA

Do you have a copy of your marriage certificate? There shouldnt be any problems booking in with your husband, and if they do say something just show them your marriage certificate and they shouldnt ask for extra money ;)
Whenever we have stayed at a hotel the only thing that they have asked for is our passports:)Never taken my marriage certificate anywhere with me.

Jane BM

please please help.....
I never had any problems with hotels in PEK either before i married my Tunisian husband or since...and stayed at a fair few...did take a copy of my marriage certificate after wed married though 'just in case' but never needed to show it anywhere.

salim

I never had any problems with hotels in PEK either before i married my Tunisian husband or since...and stayed at a fair few...did take a copy of my marriage certificate after wed married though 'just in case' but never needed to show it anywhere.
i think you don't need it, your are a tourist with your boyfriend! this could cause problem if you both are tunisian, sometimes in the recption they asked for your marriage certifcate ! but i did not hear they asked in your case !

crazypink

Whenever we have stayed at a hotel the only thing that they have asked for is our passports:)Never taken my marriage certificate anywhere with me.
Me either Roulla. But then our passports are also in the same surname so its obvious we are married :)

annibee

Thanks for that.... trying to suprise my husband as its our anniversary on 13th and he works golf brau in PEK.... told him i cant make it,,,,,lol,,,, prices are so expensive....
he prob wont want to stay at golf residence right next door to where he lives then lol have you tried les maisons on travel republic you can choose any board basis and is really lovely there Good Luck :)

cherie63

I always carry my marriage certificate as have been asked for it a few times, was asked for it once in a seedy hotel in tunis, couldnt believe it xo

annibee

hi a friend of mine has booked to stay in Mirimar Golf or Wunder Golf as sometimes now known i beleive. i think they do not allow unmarrids but she didnt know about this rule and is worrid now does anyone know about this hotel please :confused:

Jane BM

hi a friend of mine has booked to stay in Mirimar Golf or Wunder Golf as sometimes now known i beleive. i think they do not allow unmarrids but she didnt know about this rule and is worrid now does anyone know about this hotel please :confused:
Yes have stayed there once.........Annibee if you can possibly persuade your friend to change...id change.....it was AWFUL!!!, food horrendous, pool area filthy, location rubbish....just tired in every way...only ok thing about it was the 'bar'..:confused:..we were married but hadnt booked it in our married names as i hadnt changed my passport so was different names and there was no problem for us checking in anyway.

annibee

Yes have stayed there once.........Annibee if you can possibly persuade your friend to change...id change.....it was AWFUL!!!, food horrendous, pool area filthy, location rubbish....just tired in every way...only ok thing about it was the 'bar'..:confused:..we were married but hadnt booked it in our married names as i hadnt changed my passport so was different names and there was no problem for us checking in anyway.
thanks jane will tell her must admit i didnt like it and ony went with friends for a drink x

Jane BM

thanks jane will tell her must admit i didnt like it and ony went with friends for a drink x
and i had the dodgiest stomach ever when i stayed there...and i never get upset tummys....constitution of an ox me!!!:eek:

alex35

can anyone help me and tell me any nice hotels in Sousse that allow myself and my tunisian fiance can stay in together please.xxx

Milk

Infact he said that he would be very surprised if ANY hotels in Yasmine asked for a marriage certificate because it is a tourist resort!! :rolleyes:

Makes you wonder doesn't it!? :confused: xx[/quote]

Do you think this is for all tourist resort? I really want to stay at the Marhaba in Sousse or the AZIZA BEACH in Hammamt. The Aziza is very expensive and don't want to pay for two rooms if I don't have to. I have reservations right now at Yadis Hammamt which sounds very nice as well. I'm really undecided of which hotel to stay at. I was thinking in Sousse so that I can tour around the area after staying in Tunis for 10 days. Seems like there are more things to do around Sousse then there are in Hammamt? Either way, would be nice not to have to pay for that extra room. In Tunis, my friend will be in an apt. I'm booked at the Le Pacha in Tunis

Jane BM

Infact he said that he would be very surprised if ANY hotels in Yasmine asked for a marriage certificate because it is a tourist resort!! :rolleyes:

Makes you wonder doesn't it!? :confused: xx
Do you think this is for all tourist resort? I really want to stay at the Marhaba in Sousse or the AZIZA BEACH in Hammamt. The Aziza is very expensive and don't want to pay for two rooms if I don't have to. I have reservations right now at Yadis Hammamt which sounds very nice as well. I'm really undecided of which hotel to stay at. I was thinking in Sousse so that I can tour around the area after staying in Tunis for 10 days. Seems like there are more things to do around Sousse then there are in Hammamt? Either way, would be nice not to have to pay for that extra room. In Tunis, my friend will be in an apt. I'm booked at the Le Pacha in Tunis[/quote]
Are you planning on booking online before you go Raindrops?...I think it's really hit and miss right now....before we married we never once had a single problem checking in together at hotels...some people did...however, it does seem that things are changing slightly...I think the biggest issue is if your partner is a Tunisian national, but from what I can gather it seems they are becoming a bit more strict, which all seems a little bizarre to me as it doesn't particularly encourage tourism...best thing I'd do is to check with whichever hotel I'm thinking of booking and getting an email confirmation if possible.

Milk

best thing I'd do is to check with whichever hotel I'm thinking of booking and getting an email confirmation if possible.[/quote]

I'm booking on line with an agent...MAGICAL ADVENTURES TRAVEL TUNISIA

Milk

I can't seem to find the hotel numbers or websites. I only find agents that reserve the hotels.