Hotels in Sousse and PEK

DiamondonaRuby

Hi Olliebaby,

I don't know whether Suidi is his firstname or surname, sorry. And as for the spelling, I didn't actually see it as written, just what he told me his name was. Someone else said he had a different name but I have no idea what it is. Do you need to know anything about him?

olliebaby

:) No its ok, its just that I know somebody who works there with that surname. I wont say anymore than that unless anybody needs to know anything they can pm me.

NOT connected to me at all in THAT way I would just like to add LOL but I do know him very well.

5misa

I know the massage- guy, as he is also our rent-a-car guy, but he's not 44 so its obviously not him.

as said in other threads, its well known that many people who work in hotels also live there. maybe he's from another city, and even have wife and kids living there! you never know!

concerning the divorce issue, personally I would ask him WHY, as divorce is an unusual thing in Tunisia.
other than that, its easy to find out if he is lying or beeing truthful. as long as you know his full name and wich city he's born in.
go to the beladia and ask for his birthcertificate!

all these things have been mentioned in other threads.

good luck. and I hope for your sake he's a good one!

DiamondonaRuby

Hi 5misa,

Thanks for your advice. Obviously, all these questions will be put to him in due course. I know that I can get his birth certificate when in Sousse and this will tell me whether he is married or divorced. This may well be something for me to do if I return to Sousse. At the moment I am just taking one day at a time while staying in contact with him. I do know his full name and I know that he was born in Sousse, so this won't be a problem.

At the moment, I am just trying to find out if anyone knows anything about him (good or bad), before my feelings grow for this person.

I am well aware that if this was a british man, I probably wouldn't be on a forum like this asking for information, but as I have read numerous things regarding Tunisian men and they behaviour towards English ladies, rightly or wrongly, I am just trying to find out if it is worth continuing this relationship.

I must say, so far, with no one knowing of him, it is a very good start and I thank each and everyone of you for your help and advice.

D x

annibee

hi diamondonaruby welcome to the happy place ;)

lainie

I have been back a week and we are in touch constantly via mobile phones. He isn't technically minded so doesn't use facebook or skype.
hi and welcome to the forum.

am i the only one who finds it odd he isnt on skype or facebook?
mobile bills must be a fortune.
hope it all works out for you and he turns out to be a good'un

DiamondonaRuby

Hi Lainie!

Thanks for the reply. Just like yourself, i thought it strange too. Alsmost everyone I know is at least on facebook!!! I have no answer for that, except maybe due to the age and the diference in tunisia where technology is concerned, that is enough of a reason.

I must admit, I myself have only been using facebook for about a year, lol.

But this is certainly something that I have thought about. You are right, his phone calls must cost a bit. I hardly ever call him even though I have a lebara sim card in an old phone. But, when he does phone, the calls only usually last 3-4 minutes, even though he calls daily.

Facebook would definetly be a cheaper way of staying in touch, lol.

Dx

lainie

hi d
a 3-4 minute call must be at least 2 dinar a day if not more which will make quite a dent in his salary.
i would deffo get him on to skype.
my hubby a complete technophobe but got the guys in the publinet to help him set up an account, etc

Essem

Staff member
Also Viber is similar to Skype and can be used on certain phones and tablets.

DiamondonaRuby

hi d
a 3-4 minute call must be at least 2 dinar a day if not more which will make quite a dent in his salary.
i would deffo get him on to skype.
my hubby a complete technophobe but got the guys in the publinet to help him set up an account, etc

You read my mind.... He has just phoned and is going to see the guy in the hotel internet cafe tomorrow to set him up a skype account!!! He is a complete technophobe by the sound of it, lol!!

DiamondonaRuby

Thanks Essem! I have viber on my phone but as he is going to set up a skype account tomorrow, I think I will let him do that. One step at a time, so they say, lol :)

Trulymadlydeeply

Hello and welcome to the forum... I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Tunisia did you holiday alone? What made you decide on Tunisia? July will be expensive and very hot, will you be staying at the same hotel again or will he try and get time off, quite hard usually at that time of year. What I would be getting clear about before finding out if anyone knows him, is what it takes in the long run if youdecide you want to be in a serious relationship and maybe bring him to the Uk. It is a long hard road to go down... All the best.

DiamondonaRuby

Hi Trulymadlydeeply,

Thank you for the welcome.

Yes, I loved my stay in Tunisia and went with a female friend. We only decided on Tunisia 6 weeks before we went. It was mainly that we had a very good deal omline and we wanted somewhere quite warm as we are sun worshippers. As for July, being expensive, I have found some very reasonable flights which I am looking at and am in touch with the owner of the hotel who has given me an extremely good price. I will also be going again with a friend. He has arranged to have 1 week off when I am there (I will be there for 2 weeks), so I'm very pleased at that, as you can imagine.

As for the long run..... I cannot say at this stage how it will turn out. I know if I go back in July (which seems very likely) that I have some very big decisions to make.

Again, thank you for your advice and concern
Dx

annibee

mines not on skype or facebook

Jane BM

Hi Trulymadlydeeply,

Thank you for the welcome.

Yes, I loved my stay in Tunisia and went with a female friend. We only decided on Tunisia 6 weeks before we went. It was mainly that we had a very good deal omline and we wanted somewhere quite warm as we are sun worshippers. As for July, being expensive, I have found some very reasonable flights which I am looking at and am in touch with the owner of the hotel who has given me an extremely good price. I will also be going again with a friend. He has arranged to have 1 week off when I am there (I will be there for 2 weeks), so I'm very pleased at that, as you can imagine.

As for the long run..... I cannot say at this stage how it will turn out. I know if I go back in July (which seems very likely) that I have some very big decisions to make.

Again, thank you for your advice and concern
Dx
Sounds like your original reason for going to Tunisia was the same as mine....lol....beware..:eek:..ive ended up with a Tunisian husband....only joking....wouldnt change it for anything:p...

Glad youre taking one day at a time...

Trulymadlydeeply

Me too!!!!!!! lol Although he is now my EX :)

alex35

I have recently returned from that hotel 2 weeks ago,didnt really take any notice of the staff......you just have to trust yourself and see what happens thats all I can say. I met someone last year and have bben back twice since,we text everyday since august last year,so far it has worked for me and reading others on here it seems like everyone is happy. I am going back in august with my daughter to meet him.xxx

Tounsia

I would say trust your instincts :)

DiamondonaRuby

Just a little update for everyone....

I have booked flights to go back in July for 2 weeks with a friend. Contact is going well and him joining skype has been amazing. So far, so good, as they say.

I am still taking one step at a time and thankfully he has not declared his undying love for me..... as that would definetly make me run a mile, lol.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who has offered advice and I will certainly be on the look out for any untoward behaviour. I will also keep you updated as to how I am getting on.

And, I will try and contribute to everyone elses posts too, although being a newbie at this, may take me some time, lol.

D x