Hotels in Sousse and PEK

selz

It is isnt it hone...shame ul av 2 get over wen im there 4 3mths!!!

Kymbers

Yeah, see what I can do. Got any other trips planned after ur 3 months?

selz

u mean bk in tunisia?? not at mo if i get on ok think il just go bk there again, aiming at living there at sum point.

africanlilly

MY first impressions of this hotel

From the outside, doesnt look that good. But once inside quite a clean welcoming reception. Was greeted with a walm welcoming smile from Faycel the recpetion manager. We didnt have our hotel voucher but wasnt a problem and was told to give it to them asap.

We went in the lift OMG its on the outside of the building and is all glass, Lovely looking out over sousse to the sea, but my head for heights isnt great so the first time I had a quick glance and turned my back lol but by the end of the stay was fully enjoying the view especially at night.

Got to the door of our floor (5th) and the smell of bleach was also a welcoming smell lol. We got in our room, which was so clean and big. Brand new toilet and bathroom fittings. no cracked tiles and big bath and room.
nice view of sousse town from the balcony. I especially liked the area behind the bed which was like a tradition tunisian door, with 2 metal round door knobs ,wont go into to details but we had great fun ;-):eek:

Had booked bed & breakfast but didnt make it to breakfast :D
we did eat in the pizza place in the hotel, not a bad priced place and nice pizza. serve wine and beer too.

The only problem we had here was the heater didnt work on arrival, some one was sent up whilst we were out and got it working , which was great, untill the 2nd day I started to get really ill will flue and the heater although worked started to make a loud unbearable noise,so again called and a guy was sent up immediately only to tell us it needed to be completely taken apart as the fan was catching and they couldnt do it and was told to change roomsin the morning, but we were due to check out next day so spent the night cold but peaceful.

overall for the £8 a night for 2 people bed & breakfast (lowcostbeds.com)
I think this hotel is well worth considering if you are holidaying on a budget! and I dare say could compete along side some so called 4* hotels in many areas of service.
I did try to extend my stay direct with hotel but was quoted £20 a night, so definitely alot cheaper booking online.

Sousseannika

Thanks for report from "my" hotel...;)

Essem

Staff member
Great report Lilly and the Kaiser is so centrally located - don't know about the neighbours though!!! (only joking SA) xx

benali123

I stayed there too!

Hi

I have just returned from a week in Tunisia (11-18 March) where I too stayed at Hotel Kaiser with my two little boys. It was fab. The room was great, had a TV that worked, it was cleaned daily and towels changed daily. All staff were friendly and helpful. The bathroom had obviously just been newly tiled and the toilet, bath and sink were immaculate. My room on the 3rd floor overlooked the street and I could see the sea!!!! Ok, there was building work going on right next door, but WAS NOT woken or bothered by this, but to be honest, we were out after breakfast and back at bedtime! I did get woken by party goers coming in (but - no problem - we have all been young once) and certainly didnt wake the children!!!!

The whole of the left side of the 3rd floor was being gutted, so I presume they are refurbing these rooms too.

I payed just under £50 for 1 Adult, 1 child and 1 Infant B&B and would certainly recommend it.

All-in-all, BRILLIANT FOR THE PRICE and I could not complain about anything!

Regards to all, Claire xx

L

Laurakai

I was just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Marhaba Beach??
Im off therein a few weeks, anyones opinions would be welcomed :) x

Mezoo

VIP Member
I was just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Marhaba Beach??
Im off therein a few weeks, anyones opinions would be welcomed :) x
benali123 said:
My sister stayed in Tour Khalef for 2 weeks last July/August and LOVED it. The food was excellent with lots of choice even with a picky 9yr old. All staff were friendly. She cannot wait to go again this year.

Marhaba Beach is the better of the 3 Marhaba hotels, though the others are very nice.

I'm sure you will have a lovely time, Claire xx
found this from another thread--have fun

Essem

Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum Laurakai. Will this be your first visit to tunisia?

Jasmine

Welcome to the forum Laurakai :)
xx

C

CRIPTHEGREEK

clueless newby

Hi guys awesome site.

Myself and the missus are off to Tunisia early september, staying at the Marhaba Palace in Port el Kantaoui, and was just wondering what you guys think of the hotel. Also, any info on what to see and do whilst over there would be great. Maybe some of the things that are off the usual tourist trails.

Cheers everyone, i hear great things about Tunisia

Mezoo

VIP Member
Hi guys awesome site.

Myself and the missus are off to Tunisia early september, staying at the Marhaba Palace in Port el Kantaoui, and was just wondering what you guys think of the hotel. Also, any info on what to see and do whilst over there would be great. Maybe some of the things that are off the usual tourist trails.

Cheers everyone, i hear great things about Tunisia
Bizerte !Bizerte !Bizerte !

BRISASSS

welcome to the forum creepthegreek !!!!
i haven't been in that hotel but i've been in PEK (port el kantaoui) few times..i'm sure you will enjoy it..
About what to do, you got a lot of information in this forum, just go to the travel threads and you will find there how to spend time and how go to the best places in tunisia and what to see...
enjoy your holidays xx

C

Cas

Hi Laurakai,
Marhaba Beach, LOVE IT, Been lots over the years just get into the feel of the place and enjoy, Staff are great. lots of atmosphere, gardens and beach superb. Food changed over the last few years a little as most clientele now from Russia etc.

excitable

I have just come back from this hotel and I have no complaints. The hotel is great. The rooms get cleaned daily and you get fresh towels. It is within easy walking of the beach and the medina, we will be going back!!

Sousseannika

I have just come back from this hotel and I have no complaints. The hotel is great. The rooms get cleaned daily and you get fresh towels. It is within easy walking of the beach and the medina, we will be going back!!
Yeah it is, and when you´ll be back - give me a sign. My place is in the backyard. Welcome to visit...

debbie888

good to hear, i stayed in this hotel a few times a few years back and the staff will still recognise n=me if i went there today. Very friendly hotel.

sianperkins89

i like the sound of that lift! :D
and lowcostbeds.com is such good value i agree, the rooms are sometimes basic but well worth the money. i paid roughly 10 pounds a day for half board this summer with that company.