Hotels in Tunis

Delstar

Thanks guys.

K

kerrie

im going to tunis in may (1st) should be my arrival date.
Does anyone know what hotels there are near the airport or close to the embassys. They dont need to be posh or anything. Oh and need to be cheap as poss!

thanks x

Philly

the cheapest were the ones i showed you, believe me i did my home work before we went lol, the cheapest i found was the arhia hotel, i sent you the link........

K

kerrie

I know.. philly i cant find the links in my msgs... send them again plsssss :)

Marb i'll take a look thanks

marhaba

its ok hun x

K

kerrie

its ok now.. we found we found we found.. or rather he found :D

missmetal

Hi all,

BF and I are planning to get married next year Jan/Feb. But we will be doing things a little differently as I dont have much vacation over here in the bloody northpole, so its not going to be a big affair.

The easiest for us is to have our wedding in Tunis, to save travel time to and from the resort towns for those embassy visits.

This leads me to my question of can anyone recommend some decent 4* hotels in the City of Tunis? Ones that your mums would be comfy in, but ones that are not financially crippling either.

I know Jan is low season for the resort towns, so hotels are cheap, but Im hoping that the city wont be too much more.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks

Jennifer_1987

Hey everyone, I know I am being a tad previous (still waiting to see what Thomas Cook are going to do next), but I want to know every alternative option I can have. If TunisAir were to cancel their flights to Monastir then I would have to fly with BA to Tunis.
Checked the flight arrival times for BA and it is quite late on in the evening, and the next day after my arrival we planned to go to Tunis anyway to hand over the CONI.
Can anyone recommend a hotel?? that will be ok with unmarried couple sharing a room?
Appreciate any replies xx

i recommand you

hotel yadis ibn khaldoun, stayed there a night, onlt 5 km from the airport, 7 dinars if you take taxi at night, 5 dinars if you take it during day time
good room, spacious and confortable bed

Jennifer_1987

hotel yadis ibn khaldoun, stayed there a night, onlt 5 km from the airport, 7 dinars if you take taxi at night, 5 dinars if you take it during day time
good room, spacious and confortable bed
Thank you so much for you speedy reply! xx

caveatemptor

Tunisair have brought forward their Tunis/Heathrow flight from 14.00 to 12.00, this allows them to re-schedule the return from LHR to reach Tunis before the curfew.

tblueyez

hi mr cave..do youknowif there is a flight every day from heathrow to tunis with tunisair..im glad its a little bit earlier.i dont reallywanna gofrom there but if tc or thomasson dont fly out ive no choice,dont know why there selling packages to eygpt and not tunisia.oh well.thanks loadsmhave a nice day :)xx

Jennifer_1987

me too, but if needs must...also been checking out flights to marseille then marseille to monastir, just got to keep our fingers crossed. xx

caveatemptor

hi mr cave..do youknowif there is a flight every day from heathrow to tunis with tunisair..im glad its a little bit earlier.i dont reallywanna gofrom there but if tc or thomasson dont fly out ive no choice,dont know why there selling packages to eygpt and not tunisia.oh well.thanks loadsmhave a nice day :)xx
I think it is their normal schedule flight, I`m not sure of the full schedule but it is not daily, flying today and Friday for sure.

ROULLA

Hi Tblueyez hope that you are in good health! From the top of my head i am quite sure that Tunis Air fly out on Tues, Fri, Sat and Sundays..I have just tried to call Tunis Air to ask them but the line keeps saying that they are closed as there opening times are from 8am til 10pm but it is only 5pm now so i am not sure what the problem is to be honest with you but i will try again tomorrow for you..

tblueyez

Hi Tblueyez hope that you are in good health! From the top of my head i am quite sure that Tunis Air fly out on Tues, Fri, Sat and Sundays..I have just tried to call Tunis Air to ask them but the line keeps saying that they are closed as there opening times are from 8am til 10pm but it is only 5pm now so i am not sure what the problem is to be honest with you but i will try again tomorrow for you..
:) your the best.im well thanks.hopeyou all are to.thanks for all you do for me xxx

caveatemptor

If you click on to <www.Tunisair.com> follow the link to information, then schedule, insert London to Tunis, you will get the dates they operate. The normal departure time from Tunis is 14.00 but thet sent an sms yesterday advising the revised schedule to 12.00, maybe for today only but I suspect until the curfew is lifted.

lainie

hi tblueyez, i called tunisair at heathrow before 5pm as i had the same problem as Roulla and spoke my broken arabic and french so got a bit more info than normal.

they admitted they dont have a clue about their schedule in advance due to curfew, empty flights and general mayhem.

the nice guy hinted not to bother booking as it would just get cancelled.

i have now booked with BA!!