Hotels in Tunis

tblueyez

thanks huni,im giving up on it all.might just get myself a boatnoah ark and sail,your all welcome aboard,if its safe enough to go,il get there xx

Jennifer_1987

I'll join you in the boat! :)

lainie

Can i come too?????
xxxxx

dandeuch

There doesnt seem to be any flights by british airways been cancelled at all since this all started.. dont know why tc and thomsons are keeping this up... !!!!!

lainie

no, they told me they had flown every day and would only cancel under extreme conditions - unless they strike, of course!!!

dandeuch

Oh well thats good.. im going wed 9th, missing my man... u going out anytime soon lainie xx

lainie

im going 23rd feb until 2nd march - im missing my fiance too! am a big wet weekend without him. xx

dandeuch

Aaaaw i come backk the day u go out... well it will be nice just to see him, i was supposed to go on the 30th with thomsons bu they cancelled.. i was gutted... cant think about anything else but gettin out there honest !!! probably the same as yourself, its so hard

lainie

are you flying from glasgow? im doing the big trek from sunny ayr!!!

dandeuch

yeh from glagow to gatwick then onto tunisia

lloydy7179

Hey everyone, I know I am being a tad previous (still waiting to see what Thomas Cook are going to do next), but I want to know every alternative option I can have. If TunisAir were to cancel their flights to Monastir then I would have to fly with BA to Tunis.
Checked the flight arrival times for BA and it is quite late on in the evening, and the next day after my arrival we planned to go to Tunis anyway to hand over the CONI.
Can anyone recommend a hotel?? that will be ok with unmarried couple sharing a room?
Appreciate any replies xx
The week before we got married, we stayed in Hotel Diplomat, since then we've stayed in a few hotels in Tunis but always preferred Diplomat so we always stay there now! Its about 30 min walk into the main road in Tunis centre but definitely the nicer one! Plus its only £30 a night if you book it through Octopus travel. :)

lainie

hi
does anyone know a cheapish decent hotel in tunis that will allow me and my fiance to stay?
we have to go for 2 nights in june when he does his english test.
cheers

Essem

Staff member
Hi Lainie

I stayed in a hotel in Tunis one time I had to be there for an early morning appointment, the Ibn Khaldoun or a name like that (it'll be on here somewhere). It was pretty tired looking then but cheap and central.

lainie

hi Essem
found that one online
thanks
xx

ROULLA

hi
does anyone know a cheapish decent hotel in tunis that will allow me and my fiance to stay?
we have to go for 2 nights in june when he does his english test.
cheers
Hi Laine hope that you are in good health! If it is cheap and cheerful without the frills but pretty clean , it is called Oscars....
12-14 Rue de marseille Tunis, it is just around the corner from a pharmacy..
If you require a more exclusive hotel then there is the Hotel Africa but they charge an arm and a leg but very beautiful indeed..
Another cheap one just for the night is Hotel Salammbo 6 Rue de grece Tunis...

lainie

thanks Roulla and Essem.
great info as always.
xx

lainie

hey roulla
do you book in person or website?
cheers
e

ROULLA

hey roulla
do you book in person or website?
cheers
e
Lainie i really do not think that there will be a que so i think that it should be ok just to walk in and Lainie make out that you have been there before so you do not get overcharged, for the three of us one double and a single bed was 60/70 Td for the night, like i said it is ok but the cafes along Avenue Habib bourguiba are so nice in the summer that makes up for it...
Oh a word of warning there is a kind of pub just opposite this hotel and it is not the kind of place for a lady , so if you are alone then i do not suggest this hotel at all because where it is situated...Take care Lainie x x

caveatemptor

Hi Laine hope that you are in good health! If it is cheap and cheerful without the frills but pretty clean , it is called Oscars....
12-14 Rue de marseille Tunis, it is just around the corner from a pharmacy..
If you require a more exclusive hotel then there is the Hotel Africa but they charge an arm and a leg but very beautiful indeed..
Another cheap one just for the night is Hotel Salammbo 6 Rue de grece Tunis...
Hi Roulla, the Hotel Africa is closed, the staff went on strike for more money, even though they were paid more than the going rate, so the owner shut up shop.

ROULLA

Hi Roulla, the Hotel Africa is closed, the staff went on strike for more money, even though they were paid more than the going rate, so the owner shut up shop.
Hi Mr C hope that you and all the Caves are in good health! Really wow i am surprised, have you seen the hotel it is very lush..and very expensive as well..