hotels

maxlou

do you know which hotels in sousse allow tunisians in , as i am from england and want to book hotel for me and my tunisian boyfriend thankyou and how wwould i book him in via the hotel or when i book from england

lynn

In Monastir I think Monastir Center were quite laid back but we were married I did see couples that wasn't married. On the other hand I think most can't afford to be choosy now..but I never stayed in Hotel with hubby before we married, we always rented or stayed with family.

Shazza100

Houria Palace is fine with it. Just book a room for two people. We asked before we went there and they said it was all fine as long as we are both booked into the same room.

maxlou

i thought you had to book 2 rooms if not married and did you book from home

Shazza100

Yes these are the rules and some hotels will not accept unmarried couples to share a room (if one person is Tunisian). However, some hotels are fine with it. My partner has always called the hotel to check before we booked. We have had mixed responses. We have stayed in Royal Jinene, Royal Beach, Houria Palace, Rosa Beach in Skanes and Monastir Centre in the same room without any difficulty. We just booked online. I would just get your boyfriend to check with the hotel or you can check yourself that its not a problem.

maxlou

i will ring them thanks shazza what entertainment like in royal jinene

Shazza100

Royal Jinene and Jinene Hotel are sister hotels next door to each other. There isn't any entertainment at the Royal Jinene, just one bar but they have entertainment in the Jinene Hotel that you can visit. I wasn't that impressed but I am afraid the animation provided by the hotels in Tunisia isn't really my thing so don't let my view put you off. There were plenty of people enjoying it. I am sure there are better hotels with better entertainment depends on your budget.

maxlou

i want to book at the royal maharba salem looks realy good just hope when i ring later they will let my bf stay

Shazza100

Yes I have heard that's a good hotel. He will be able to stay (unless they close their doors to tunisians but that would be shocking!) but the question is whether he can share a room with you. I don't know the answer about this hotel I am afraid. Good Luck.

curly

i want to book at the royal maharba salem looks realy good just hope when i ring later they will let my bf stay
Hi Maxlou,

I stayed at the marhaba royal salem with my tunisian partner in January 2015, they DO NOT allow you to just pay for one room.

I had to pay for a two rooms and I also had to pay to cover the difference between the price in UK to stay and the price in Tunisia for him to stay as they said he did not live in England and that price was for people living in England only. So they allowed us to stay but it cost me ALOT of money and I wont be doing it again whilst we are unmarried! (Also happened to another couple so not an isolated event)

Have stayed at Houria palace twice with no problems, booked one room for us online - as long as both names on voucher they are fine there, its just not as nice as Marhaba!!

Goodluck.

mrsmannai

salaam ) maybe it is something wrong with my thinking in this, but to me it seems like u ladies r the ones fixing the rooms and paying for everything !! plz tell me im wromg in these assumptions......u r with tunisian men, they should fix it, not u !!! sorry im off topic, just a reaction

curly

salaam ) maybe it is something wrong with my thinking in this, but to me it seems like u ladies r the ones fixing the rooms and paying for everything !! plz tell me im wromg in these assumptions......u r with tunisian men, they should fix it, not u !!! sorry im off topic, just a reaction
Good point Mrs Mannai,
Number 1 - im a control freak so I like to organise stuff and im uncomfortable if i dont, so regardless of the nationality of my man, i generally organise stuff!!
Number 2 - Dont really like talking money publicly but my other half more than pays his fair share, I cant say half and half cos that would be impossible with his wage compared to mine, but its fair and I dont give him any money!
I guess I should say 'I' less and 'we' more, that would stop confusion!! xx

Scottochott

If these guys had to pay for a room every time one of their girlfriends came over they'd have to be loaded! And before you all start, yes I'm sure there are "some" real relationships where the guy stays monogamous waiting for one special lady 2 or 3 times a year.

mrsmannai

Good point Mrs Mannai,
Number 1 - im a control freak so I like to organise stuff and im uncomfortable if i dont, so regardless of the nationality of my man, i generally organise stuff!!
Number 2 - Dont really like talking money publicly but my other half more than pays his fair share, I cant say half and half cos that would be impossible with his wage compared to mine, but its fair and I dont give him any money!
I guess I should say 'I' less and 'we' more, that would stop confusion!! xx
salaam :) yes indeed tht stop my confusion, cuz if it was all you, u r being ripped off :) thx for the clearance, make me feel comfy on your your bealf( even u dont need it)

annibee

we have stayed at marhaba royal salem and houria palace with no probs at all. i book m flight then book hotel for 2 people always from england. as for the paying for the room it would not be much cheaper booking for one as would have to pay single supplement so iv never seen a problem with it

Hello. Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find an answer anywhere. I am visiting Tunisia at the end of this month, I was hoping my boyfriend could stay with me as he had done last month but when I booked through Thomas Cook this time they said they could only take bookings from UK citizens. So now I am booked to go but he is not. I tried different sites to book a seperate room for him but again I was faced with the issue that the person I book the room for has to be a UK citizen. Can anyone recommend any websites that I can book a room through for him that won't cause any problems at check in? I emailed Hotels.com and expedia but they weren't very helpful. Thanks.

Shazza100

Low cost beds, travel republic or booking.com...all were fine for us but we booked a room together. I have not ever had a problem so far.. depends on the hotel you are staying rather than the website sometimes.

curly

Loveholidays cancelled my booking once because hubbie tunisian. If you look at the small print on all the holiday websites they say the same thing, its just wether they check or not, i usually use travel republic with no problems or lowcostholidays but have also been asked to pay on arival to hotel extra because he is not UK based, u just have to take pot luck and hope for the best!!

Kris

Administrator
Staff member
If these guys had to pay for a room every time one of their girlfriends came over they'd have to be loaded! And before you all start, yes I'm sure there are "some" real relationships where the guy stays monogamous waiting for one special lady 2 or 3 times a year.
I had a couple on the go before I was married and I am not that good looking and worked in office in front of a pc all day with men.

Maybe I am a love rat....... TBH its just single guys I would hate to think what I would have been like if i looked like Jamie Dornan and or worked in a job with randy holiday makers.

Rainbow

We just stayed at the Marhaba Hotel last week and they were fine with it. We were a bit worried we might arrive and be asked to book an extra room but it was ok. Nice hotel as well and you can use the facilities at Marhaba Beach and Marhaba Club as well.