Hotels

Saule

Hi All,

Can someone recommend some of the websites that is not expensive to book a hotel in July?

It's astonishes me how so many of the websites ripping people off, they charge you double!WTH! You would think they would put the prices down so that the tourist can start coming back slowly again. Every website I have visited it charges literally double!:mad:

Mrs K

same with flights, im looking at july too and been quoted as much as £1700 and as little as £533, thats just for the flight :(

Saule

Im lost for words seriously, the flights cost for us £706(return) at the moment.We can pay £383 but it will take us 15hours just one way!
Its proper upsetting....

Mrs K

if you find a hotel you like, go online and see if they have their own website and book directly with them, may be cheaper, but i think in July because its school holidays as we know the prices increase so much but like you said for a country who is desperate for tourists you would think they would be so much cheaper!! The flight costs are just ridiculous!

It is really upsetting, I've just found out that we have to delay our souse visa application until October so was hoping to get a cheeky week in to see my husband because I just cannot wait that long to see him, but cannot afford to pay that much money at that time when we are saving for the visa fees too :(

anyway, hope you get sorted :)

annibee

friends that i know that are going on holiday are booking direct with the hotel. the one i usually stay at in PEK hotel golf residence is 30 dinar pp half board. also going via Germany or France is apparently much cheaper than Thomas Cook or Thompsons. Jetcost doing cheap quotes. iv not been back for a year now but hoping to go July after Ramadan if can get insurance ok

Njt11

I've just booked for May half term...was being quoted £800 for flights (for 3) on comparison websites but got them for £500 directly off Tunisair. I use venere to book my hotel, download app onto phone and get 15% off booking, I then delete it and reinstall when I'm booking again and get same discount next time...

Saule

if you find a hotel you like, go online and see if they have their own website and book directly with them, may be cheaper, but i think in July because its school holidays as we know the prices increase so much but like you said for a country who is desperate for tourists you would think they would be so much cheaper!! The flight costs are just ridiculous!

It is really upsetting, I've just found out that we have to delay our souse visa application until October so was hoping to get a cheeky week in to see my husband because I just cannot wait that long to see him, but cannot afford to pay that much money at that time when we are saving for the visa fees too :(

anyway, hope you get sorted :)
I thought aswell maybe it would be cheaper to book through the hotel directly, I will check it out.

Do you mean your visa application for the husband is delayed?

Saule

friends that i know that are going on holiday are booking direct with the hotel. the one i usually stay at in PEK hotel golf residence is 30 dinar pp half board. also going via Germany or France is apparently much cheaper than Thomas Cook or Thompsons. Jetcost doing cheap quotes. iv not been back for a year now but hoping to go July after Ramadan if can get insurance ok
Will have to check out the hotels directly, companies like TC or Thompson doesn't even offer anything all the way until November.

Saule

I've just booked for May half term...was being quoted £800 for flights (for 3) on comparison websites but got them for £500 directly off Tunisair. I use venere to book my hotel, download app onto phone and get 15% off booking, I then delete it and reinstall when I'm booking again and get same discount next time...
Hi Njt,

Thank you. Will download an app and see what they offer because checking website now it looks the exact copy of 'Expedia' where the prices are high!

Mrs K

I thought aswell maybe it would be cheaper to book through the hotel directly, I will check it out.

Do you mean your visa application for the husband is delayed?
Yeah we have a problem and have to start again, so disappointed

Njt11

Hope you okay can only imagine how disappointed you are. When are you putting it back to? Not too long I hope @Susan Walker x

Mrs K

Basically have to start again so October we can apply! Haven't seen him since February

annibee

just heard Thomas Cook extended flight cancellations until May 2017 pfft that will be almost 2 years of no flights with them :( so sad

Such a shame you've had to delay your application. Might be an omen you never know.

Obviously there's no faith in the authorities being able to keep tourists safe or the FCO would lift the ban. All other countries where there have been terrorist activity do not have the same ban.. Tunisia needs to get its act together and prove they are doing all they can. Far too lazy in my opinion...

Selmi

Hi All,

Can someone recommend some of the websites that is not expensive to book a hotel in July?

It's astonishes me how so many of the websites ripping people off, they charge you double!WTH! You would think they would put the prices down so that the tourist can start coming back slowly again. Every website I have visited it charges literally double!:mad:
Try 7ideas.co.uk or Zleeping hotels.com x