Hotels

annie

Which hotel would you recommend in PEK in January please

Scottochott

I used to say Mouradi Palace, but I think it's gone AI, and standards invariably slip!

Jane BM

All depends what you want...as STC knows we did the El Mouradi Palace a week or so ago, and you can go HB which we did, thank god, most guests there were AI though but unfortunately the standards have slipped massively. Same old, same old every day, definitely catering for the masses!!

The best place I've stayed at in PEK was definitely the Royal Kenz, however that was a while ago now, so don't know if like all the other hotels I've stayed in since, whether the standards have slipped there. If I was staying at the Kenz though I'd ask for a room in the new wing...they're lovely. Only a couple years old.

Essem

Staff member
I've stayed in the Mouradi, the Kenz and the Marhaba Palace albeit a few years ago now.

With the Kenz and the Mouradi Palace, there's a wee bit of a walk to the marina - which shuts up early-ish (9-930pm) in winter - whereas the Marhaba Palace is only a couple of minutes walk from the marina and beautifully located.

Have heard various reports on food not being as good now that many of the hotels are AI so don't know first hand about that aspect now.

Have you stayed in any of these hotels before?

annie

The only reason I was asking was I have been going to PEK for 11 years and stayed in the beginning in apartments but the last 5 years I have stayed many times in the Vincci--I stayed there last week AI-- it was awful- ok you get what you pay for. I have used this hotel as a base really for the last 5 years and it was ok-clean and staff are friendly as I know them now. This time the prostitutes coming to the disco and staying the night in the hotel with the Lybian men was disgusting much more than previous visits. I will not stay there any more and wanted to know where you would recommend--thank you

Trulymadlydeeply

Not good is it Annie, would definitely put other tourists off staying in these hotels!! What is happening to Tunisia?! Its going down the pan very quickly!!!!!!

annie

It is so sad --they come in to the hotel at night dressed decent and change in the toilet and come out as prostitutes. I was waiting in reception 6.30 am for my transfer home and they were coming from the rooms with the Lybian men , UGH it was horrible to see.

Trulymadlydeeply

Very slippery slope for tourism!! All it needs are people complaining to Travel Agents when they are home and they will start pulling out of these Hotels..

Jane BM

Well then I consider myself lucky...cos all I've got to moan about is the food and the Russians...lol.

Have to say, in the hotels I've stayed in, I've never seen this...thank god..either that or I walk round with my eyes shut.

annie

That's why I want to change the hotel -pity I felt at home there !!!

marhaba

i like orient palace in winter. Its lovely. :)

annie

Where is Orient Palace--is it Sousse